Tidbit

Bakas is pretty confident that we have a "legit shot" at L.Williams and that it is basically us and Auburn battling for his services

And Bakas has been off for awhile now, not sure if you wanna place a lot of confidence in his predictions anymore, it is what it is man.

He has had a solid beat on Mainland HS for a few years now though. That is where Ricardo Allen went to school.

He also was pretty much just saying out of the remaining big fish he thought we had the best shot at Williams. I think it spoke to our chances with Goldman etc in his opinion. He did say Borque was out when many others were predicting he would be a Cane too....just sayin.

Honestly, I think Bakas is good as there is when it comes to his info. He's wrong all the time, but that is what happens in this business. The reason he gets so much crap from everyone, I think, is because he has a certain smugness and matter of fact attitude with all his info. that opens himself to some backlash. I remember back when we were recruiting Aldarius Johnson and he was completely certain that there was a 0% chance of him coming to UM and his smug smart *** answers would start popping up whenever Aldarius was mentioned. Sure enough, Aldarius commits to UM and he acts like he never took that stance. That is irritating. But if you can get past the Bakas ego, his info is some of the best out there I think

Advertisement
Bakas is pretty confident that we have a "legit shot" at L.Williams and that it is basically us and Auburn battling for his services

And Bakas has been off for awhile now, not sure if you wanna place a lot of confidence in his predictions anymore, it is what it is man.

He has had a solid beat on Mainland HS for a few years now though. That is where Ricardo Allen went to school.

He also was pretty much just saying out of the remaining big fish he thought we had the best shot at Williams. I think it spoke to our chances with Goldman etc in his opinion. He did say Borque was out when many others were predicting he would be a Cane too....just sayin.

Honestly, I think Bakas is good as there is when it comes to his info. He's wrong all the time, but that is what happens in this business. The reason he gets so much crap from everyone, I think, is because he has a certain smugness and matter of fact attitude with all his info. that opens himself to some backlash. I remember back when we were recruiting Aldarius Johnson and he was completely certain that there was a 0% chance of him coming to UM and his smug smart *** answers would start popping up whenever Aldarius was mentioned. Sure enough, Aldarius commits to UM and he acts like he never took that stance. That is irritating. But if you can get past the Bakas ego, his info is some of the best out there I think

I agree. We talked about this a few times but I made the comment before that all these insiders are wrong and wrong with consistancy. Its how they handle being wrong that seperates certain ones. Recruiting is out of control at this point so noone can always be right and most understand that. I like Mike and he does a good job, but yeah he can be a real prick. I try go give him the benefit of the doubt at times because you see the constant ridiculous questions he gets asked but still, plenty should be handled better.

Mike's very good on some kids, not so on others. One of his problems is he doesn't often acknowledge which kids he has a good feel for (because he talks to them regularly and develops a relationship with them) vs. which kids he doesn't. He also gets emotionally invested in certain kids, which hinders his objectivity (cough Kevin Nelson cough). Plus as noted above, he never ever acknowledges his mistakes and miscalls, but never fails to let you know which calls he got right.

Advertisement
Mike's very good on some kids, not so on others. One of his problems is he doesn't often acknowledge which kids he has a good feel for (because he talks to them regularly and develops a relationship with them) vs. which kids he doesn't. He also gets emotionally invested in certain kids, which hinders his objectivity (cough Kevin Nelson cough). Plus as noted above, he never ever acknowledges his mistakes and miscalls, but never fails to let you know which calls he got right.

Cool! Thanks....ah well you know.

Still one of the biggest ***** moves in canestime history IMO.

Cool! Thanks....ah well you know.

Still one of the biggest ***** moves in canestime history IMO.

Agreed. But it did encapsulate a lot that was wrong on that site in a nutshell. If the shoe fits....

He was right about Aldarious. Lets just say he had "issues", and a lot people were surprised when he got in.

He was right about Aldarious. Lets just say he had "issues", and a lot people were surprised when he got in.
huh? He was right? Amigo, what are you talking about? Are we now grading him like a special Ed child? He was wrong. Period. That's a fact. That others were wrong too make make his wrongness understandable, but it doesn't make it right.

Advertisement
From what I've heard on Williams, I'm not optimistic but "that's why you have the visits."

Golden used the number 82 in an interview earlier in the week (that we would have 82 scholarship players) next year. It would fit if we take 7 EE and then 25 on 2/1 and lose 35, it calculates out

I'd be careful w/ that 35 number Golden used. As of now, we are losing 22 scholarship players to graduation and declaring for the draft. Are we really going to be losing another 13 guys currently on the roster? My guess is Golden is adding in graduating walk-ons to bring that number closer 35.

Don't forget the 12-15 players that will allegedly be asked to continue their football careers somewhere else. Apparently he addressed the team already and told them. I can't remember where it was posted on here, but that's the rumor going around CANETOWN!

Don't forget the 12-15 players that will allegedly be asked to continue their football careers somewhere else. Apparently he addressed the team already and told them. I can't remember where it was posted on here, but that's the rumor going around CANETOWN!

This is something Golden is well-known for. This team will definitely have Golden's players out there, ready or not.

This is something Golden is well-known for. This team will definitely have Golden's players out there, ready or not.

Who are the dirty dozen?

Advertisement
We have three scholies left and they are reserved for big timers. Avery Young is our top remaining target and we are coming hard.

Who do you feel good about? Young is supposedly all UGA.

Going off what I'm reading and hearing we're heavily in the mix for Leonard Williams. That would be a huge pickup IMO. Wouldn't mind the Redmond kid either; he balled at the summer camp.

We have three scholies left and they are reserved for big timers. Avery Young is our top remaining target and we are coming hard.

Who do you feel good about? Young is supposedly all UGA.

Going off what I'm reading and hearing we're heavily in the mix for Leonard Williams. That would be a huge pickup IMO. Wouldn't mind the Redmond kid either; he balled at the summer camp.

Young's dad loves us, and if he has a great visit Miami could be a real player. I'm not optimistic on Williams at this time but who knows what will happen on his visit.

Advertisement

huh? He was right? Amigo, what are you talking about? Are we now grading him like a special Ed child? He was wrong. Period. That's a fact. That others were wrong too make make his wrongness understandable, but it doesn't make it right.

What I meant was, there were very good reasons to assume/believe that he wasnt coming here. lots of people never dreamed he was coming.

Advertisement
Back