Ticket prices vs A&M

Advertisement
I agree they're too high. Their model can be wrong. But that is what they think they're doing... maximizing profit vs trying to get people in seats.

Why these tickets are $125 for upper bowl from the school.. i have no idea. They're barely moving at $70 on secondary sites.

48 hours out from the game they should be half priced or less.
That’s def what they’re trying to do, and they failed at modeling this. That’s what everyone’s reasonable gripe is about. Hopefully the BOGO deal and scrambled marketing efforts makes a meaningful improvement in game attendance despite the error but we’ll see.

Advertisement
That’s def what they’re trying to do, and they failed at modeling this. That’s what everyone’s reasonable gripe is about. Hopefully the BOGO deal and scrambled marketing efforts makes a meaningful improvement in game attendance despite the error but we’ll see.

If the stadium was nuts on Saturday and contributed to a win they'll make more money in the long term than they ever would marking up nose bleeds 50%. Success sells season tickets. You have to work on the success first, by whatever means necessary.

I think there are some excellent, common sense ideas here.

Where you see excellent, common sense ideas, I see defeatism and acceptance of a ****** situation.

IMO we DO need our own stadium. It's just a fact, uncomfortable but still a fact.

Doesn't matter how people feel about it or how unlikely it is in the near term or how hard it is, or how many roadblocks there may be. None of that changes the fact that playing at HRS is an anchor around the neck of this program. It's a problem that needs a solution other than "HRS is great! Get used to it."

I put it on Rad. It's his job to get us a stadium built before the lease expires on hard rock. Nobody said his job was easy, and he's got several years to get it done, but he must get it done.

Advertisement
Where you see excellent, common sense ideas, I see defeatism and acceptance of a ****** situation.

IMO we DO need our own stadium. It's just a fact, uncomfortable but still a fact.

Doesn't matter how people feel about it or how unlikely it is in the near term or how hard it is, or how many roadblocks there may be. None of that changes the fact that playing at HRS is an anchor around the neck of this program. It's a problem that needs a solution other than "HRS is great! Get used to it."

I put it on Rad. It's his job to get us a stadium built before the lease expires on hard rock. Nobody said his job was easy, and he's got several years to get it done, but he must get it done.

IMG_3772.gif

Nobody takes a guy prancing around in a see-through mesh shirt seriously

I
People ain’t complaining about the reseller prices it’s the schools prices… like when the f has anyone ever seen tickets directly from the school being 2xs the reseller price?
Exactly. He has no idea what the **** he’s talking about.

I’m not happy with tix prices for this game due to the fact I want an actual home field advantage and kick *** atmosphere.

Does my just now leaving Atlanta to head down south for the game sat prove his ignorant theory that anyone *****ing about tix prices wasn’t going anyway?

See you there Jed; big guy!

People ain’t complaining about the reseller prices it’s the schools prices… like when the f has anyone ever seen tickets directly from the school being 2xs the reseller price?
Yep. The secondary market is (rapidly) correcting itself. The problem is that thousands of tickets are pretty much unsellable because they’re priced so far above what the market will bear. That probably will still make financial sense for the university at the end of the day, but those seats will be empty.

Advertisement
Nobody takes a guy prancing around in a see-through mesh shirt seriously

*****, you're the one googling pictures of bald men in fishnet shirts and posting that **** constantly. Really, you can be in to whatever you wanna be in to... men, women, both, whatever you're in to I don't judge... but most people don't want to see ******* homo pics every time you get in your feelings because I say something you don't agree with. I wasn't even talking to you.

Read the room.

*****, you're the one googling pictures of bald men in fishnet shirts and posting that **** constantly. Really, you can be in to whatever you wanna be in to... men, women, both, whatever you're in to I don't judge... but most people don't want to see ******* homo pics every time you get in your feelings because I say something you don't agree with. I wasn't even talking to you.

Read the room.

I’m dying right now. Was the Boy George screen name taken?

You’re the one that took that prancing fishnet guy as your screen name.

I’m dying right now. Was the Boy George screen name taken?

You’re the one that took that prancing fishnet guy as your screen name.

Let me guess... you wanted to be original but saw that Original Canes was taken, and so you thought your deepest hardest thoughts, had another moment of whatever your version of inspiration is but, oh ****, Original CaneCane was also taken. Back to the drawing board. So then after several hours of deep contemplation, in a moment of creative genius (by your standards), you decided you just had to be Original CaneCaneCane.

Get the **** out of here, who gives a **** about screen names. It's the internet.

You don't need to spam the boards with homo pics just because you're mad at me for whatever dumb reason you have, if I offended you somewhere. Thousands of people read these boards and I promise you nobody cares about your beef and nobody wants to see that ****.

Add to a discussion if you can. Have opinions and defend them with actual thoughts and reasons, instead of just attacking everyone for no reason except that you can hide behind a keyboard. Otherwise just stfu. That works too.

Advertisement
If they could figure out how to get a stadium on campus it would solve many issues. I know most of yous guys have been screaming that at the clouds for years.

Students & Alumni will be more apt to go to the games & the tailgate atmospheres will be better. I know alumni that go to games at PSJoePaKnew just to party and be back around campus and see their buddies reliving the glory days. Although Ive never been to a game at UM, Id have to think the currently location is boxing out of thousands of fans that would be there weekly.

Is Miami really that much of a front running city? Obviously there is a lot more to down there then from where my Coal Cracking *** is from, but god**** PSJoePaKnew has like 91k season ticket holders and years onwait to even be considered to get season tix. I see these videos and stuff of the Orange Bowl which was way before my time and it looks like fans are on top pf each other , what happened ?
It's also a matter of scale. PSU has more grad students than we have total students.

We just don't have either the students or alumni numbers to full a stadium. Back when the OB was packed, it was also empty for plenty of games. Start winning and play big opponents and the stadium will be full.

If they could figure out how to get a stadium on campus it would solve many issues. I know most of yous guys have been screaming that at the clouds for years.

Students & Alumni will be more apt to go to the games & the tailgate atmospheres will be better. I know alumni that go to games at PSJoePaKnew just to party and be back around campus and see their buddies reliving the glory days. Although Ive never been to a game at UM, Id have to think the currently location is boxing out of thousands of fans that would be there weekly.

Is Miami really that much of a front running city? Obviously there is a lot more to down there then from where my Coal Cracking *** is from, but god**** PSJoePaKnew has like 91k season ticket holders and years onwait to even be considered to get season tix. I see these videos and stuff of the Orange Bowl which was way before my time and it looks like fans are on top pf each other , what happened ?
Just stop....220 occupied acres...and you keep spewing about an on-campus Stadium??....It.Will.Never.Happen....

Advertisement
Back