Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 12/6

View as article
Advertisement
You can believe that if you want too, but just goes to show the extent of your football knowledge and knowledge of the football team!

Yes. That must be it. My lack of football knowledge. On top of my lack of hurricane roster knowledge. Glad that is settled.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t get the mad rush at running back unless they think Travis homer is leaving early? But even then we would have deejay Dallas, Lorenzo lingard, Camron Davis and Robert Burns. Regardless there are some intriguing options and I think we get Richards in February ultimately and he will play rb but we will see

I don't see Burns playing meaningful snaps at Miami. At this point, you will then have Dallas as a JR, Lingard who's coming off a knee injury, and Cam Davis. One injury, and we're back to 2016 when we had to hope and pray no one got injured (we're lucky we struck gold with Deejay). You should always have 4 suitable scholly RBs on the roster. Haven't heard anything of Burns.

Advertisement
What the **** is wrong with you man, we got a top notch recruiting staff, when you battling all those public institutions with high cap space, those things will happen but this staff led by coach richt will continue o increase the talent and get the type of athlete's that belong here. This offense is on the verge of being epic with this next recruiting class, this next year maybe the last year where teams may have a chance to beat us before all 3 phases of our football team is playing at a high level. Dont get caught up into recruiting rankings, means nothing!

The juxtaposition of these statements are hilarious. Let's see. We put all our eggs in 1 basket for a position (MJJ), can't get a proper read on kids and wait extremely late in the cycle with desperation offers. It's December and we have a class ranking of 37. We basically ignore kids and don't have proper contingencies in place when flips start to happen. Please tell me how we have a top notch recruiting staff.

Not against the 2019 schedule you shouldn't be. Let's say we go with Garvin, Silvera, Ford, Rousseau, Pickney, Quarterman, Finley, Bandy, Hall, Stevenson/Carter, Ivey/Frierson- Nickelback Blades. That line up right there based on talent alone will whoop up on the likes of 3/4's of our opponents offenses. Now if we lose Pickney and Quarterman (which I don't think we will) teams might be able to run on us and that's scary if I'm being honest.

We did that this year based on our #2 total defensive ranking. Going to let you on a little secret, defense wasn't the problem this year.

Agree with the fans should know when to smell bs after those three staffs. Its mind boggling to me that they experienced alf and are letting the same **** happen with this staff.

Ypur post is spot on

Since Coker, we now have enough data points consistently gathered to determine whether a coach is full of it or not. Richt's got a lot of parallels going right now compared to his predecessor. Now, with Golden, we got what we paid for. Richt's making $4+ mil per year and was allowed to hire his unqualified kid on the staff. Suffice it to say, we're not getting the results that we're paying for.

Advertisement
Do you think that the recruits actually look at that type of thing? Because we have lineman. Do recruits not believe that the staff can develop them after they sign?

I genuinely believe recruits question whether Searels can develop them. And, the fact that Richt has not replaced him is troubling. Searels is an easy target for competition to negatively recruit against.

Advertisement
Back