Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 12/6

That should of been the red flag, i didnt know much about the guys he hired besides Diaz and Kul.........................Kul dipped just like Oregons coach dipped on AG. Huge red flag and left for the same position a lateral move

I think Kul was an outlier. He wanted to go to a program that would allow him to just coach. Manny Diaz or Richt at least got the hire right with Simpson as through year 1, our line hasn't skipped a beat. The offensive side of the ball from top-to-bottom needs to be overhauled. I'm willing to give Dugans a flyer given that he's been recruiting at a decent clip and this is the first time his WR unit hasn't looked good.

Advertisement
I disagree, the problem was before Searles even got here not having the right guys in for so long to allow better players in toe once he got here. Now hhe hasn't developed the line right but offensive lines are the hardest positions for a freshman to succeed in physically and mentally so last season being his first actual class he brought in you don't play them unless they won't mentally ***** up which once again for true freshmens is asking alot especially late in the season where you're then asking them to gain chemistry with a unit the haven't worked with thats asking for trouble most likely.

Talent is one thing at wr, rb, te, db, dline and even linebacker because you're better with a unit but most of it is on yourself the oline is all about cohesion and trust which the only one that seemed ready was Herbert and no surprised he made mental errors and every freshman oline even the elite ones do it when they're not ready. Now Donaldson growth was stunted fhe second he was forced to place tackle because as freshman guard who was ready he had great moments until Clemson beat him down but when he was in position he had all ACC written all over him that was good development but like putting Redwine at cb to start his career its not Rumphs fault he just is a safety so you cant force it.
Now the fact is bad line play hurt us for a while but the biggest problem was we didnt get a transferor JUCO rt who could've made Donaldson as good as he needed to be but it didn't happen so Searles job is to develop Reed as one guard, Donaldson as the other, Hillery or Campbell as the lt and Herbert as the rt and Gaynor at c which is talented enough with no excuses but I don't care who you have as the oline coach you can't bet on 18 year old olineman until they can handle it

Yeah, we had offensive line problems before Searels got here, but he's done nothing to fix those problems. They've gotten worse. Scaife's play undermines the whole 18-year-old true freshmen can't play argument. With proper coaching Reed and Jones could have played even if situationally. Hillery and Herbert should be further along also. Searels is so bad it's not even worth arguing about. Should have been fired immediately after the Pittsburgh game.

**It seems Miami is losing ground on RB DJ Williams. According to a source close to the recruitment, Miami is still in the game, but Williams is favoring Georgia and Auburn over the Canes right now. Apparently, these schools are selling Williams on better offensive line play than the Hurricanes, and the pitch seems to be hitting home with the Sebring back. Clemson is also beginning to get involved here as well. Mark Richt and Thomas Brown are scheduled to go in-home with Williams today, so Miami will have a chance to gain some ground here.

**Although his Crystal Ball currently favors Georgia, confidence is apparently high inside of Hecht that Miami will eventually land Tyrique Stevenson. A program source feels UM is close to locking the Miami Southridge star up, but just needs to get mom 100% on board. Miami thinks they’ll be able to do that on his official visit, which will be the final weekend before early signing day. Bottom line, I’m not as confident in my Georgia pick here and could be close to flipping to UM depending on what chatter comes out of his OV weekend.

**I continue to hear very positive things on Jadon Haselwood to Miami from a source close to the recruitment and I’ve heard nothing to make me change my UM pick here. It’s shocking to me that he has not even locked in an official visit to any of Auburn, Tennessee, or Georgia, schools thought to be Miami’s main competition a month ago. Haselwood is making his announcement on Jan. 5th and time is really running out for other schools to make a move, as the dead period begins in less than two weeks (Dec. 17-Jan. 10). As I’ve said, if someone is going to overtake Miami at this point, it would be UGA, and the Bulldogs are the most likely to get an OV these last two weeks. Still, confidence from Miami’s side has never been higher.

**Sources are mixed on Keon Zipperer right now between Miami and UF. It seems like he’s telling different people different things, so this recruitment is going to be hard to get a read on as things get down to the wire. With all else being equal, I’m leaning towards the Gators as of now, but hopefully things become more clear after Zipperer takes his officials to UF and Miami these next two weeks.

**Much has been made about Miami LB commit Avery Huff’s recent flirtation with Florida State. The St. Thomas Aquinas star hosted FSU coaches for an in-home visit last week and told them he would take an official visit in the final few weeks before the early signing period. However, from what I’ve been told, that visit to Tallahassee is unlikely to happen. Huff will be in Orlando on Friday for the State Championship game and plans on staying in Orlando through the weekend with his family. The following weekend, he is planning on being in Miami to take his official visit with the majority of his classmates before the dead period kicks in. The only possibility of going to FSU would be to take a mid-week visit next week. In addition, Huff recently told me his commitment to Miami was “still strong”. Expect him to sign with Miami in 2 weeks.

**2020 Woodbridge (VA) LB Antoine Sampah had a planned visit to UM a few weeks ago, but was unable to make the trip due to travel issues. After talking with the standout linebacker, Sampah made clear that he is “definitely” coming for a spring visit to see Coral Gables, even if he has to fly. Sampah previously told CIS that Miami was in his top 8 schools. The Canes absolutely have the 5-star’s interest and it will be intriguing to see how this relationship progresses.

**The Canes are set to host a loaded official visit weekend. The 7 confirmed visitors include: OC Jakai Clark, DE Justin Eboigbe, DT Jason Munoz, DT Derick Hunter, LB Anthony Solomon, CB John Dixon, and S Martin Emerson. Both Solomon and Munoz are participating in the State Championship game for St. Thomas in Orlando on Friday and are expected in Miami on Saturday morning; however, they could end up moving their OV to the following weekend as well if travel plans don’t work out. Follow all the official visit action with our OV tracker *here*.

**In-home visits that are scheduled for today include: RB DJ Williams with Richt and Brown, RB Jalen Mitchell with Diaz and Banda, DT Derick Hunter with Richt and Banda, and LB OC Brothers with Diaz and Banda. Follow the action with our in-home visit tracker *here*.
This guy @Stefan Adams gets it! Keep up the great work my friend. Consider the following an honor. You sir have "that work."

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referring to being in the cfb this year.

That's fine, but it's a straw man argument that all the "this is fine" Canes fans pretend is the argument and expectation of all the fans who are fed up with the nepotism, insecure false bravado, laziness, bullsh!t, and lies.

We're not calling for changes because Richt isn't going to be standing over the exsanguinated corpses of Dabo and Saban, holding the CFP championship trophy. That's pretend bullsh!t to make the apologists feel better about themselves and help them hold onto their denial that "everything is fine". No, we're fed up because we went 4-4 in the worst division in P5 football with talent that is on par with teams that are currently ranked in the top 10. We did this with a defense that finished the season ranked #2 in total defense and top 10 in basically every significant category, but our passing offense ranked 122 out of 130, our head coach is supposed to be the offense/QB guru and he hired his unqualified son to coach QB's, the "failingest" position on the team since Richt got here.

There is no excusing this season, and no matter how much anyone wants it to not be true, the sooner we accept that this is a dead end, the better off we'll be. Or, we can just watch and ***** and complain while recruits and current players go elsewhere as the roster talent level goes from top ten level to Shannon/Golden transition level. At some point, it will be too late to attract top coaches anymore.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you had followed Uga while CMR was there you would know it was not CMR that was a top flight recruiter, it was some of his asst coaches. His only noteworthy recruits were Green and Stafford if I remember correctly. Take note none of the four national recognized recruiters at Uga declined to come to Miami with him..they knew him to well...one was a very solid Christian. So CMR hires a bunch of rookie coaches on the cheap so he can take home the 4mil.
Plus he didn't recruit Watson, Fromm, etc. Guy is completely useless.

Plus he didn't recruit Watson, Fromm, etc. Guy is completely useless.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...rd-georgia-deshaun-watson-recruitment-clemson

From the article: "
Watson is currently the offseason favorite to win the Heisman Trophy in 2016 after a great sophomore season and a scintillating night against Alabama with a national title on the line. He was once "just" a high school star in Georgia, though, and despite being the state's best quarterback prospect since Cam Newton, he barely gave Georgia the time of day, committing to Clemson as a sophomore and never truly wavering on that pledge. That wasn't for lack of trying: Watson was Mark Richt's primary target in the 2014 class, and the only QB the Dawgs had offered as of May 2013, when Watson essentially shut down his recruitment. By then, though, Watson had been committed to Dabo Swinney and Chad Morris for nearly two years, and it seems that Clemson beating everyone else to the spot with Watson is what secured his enrollment".

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...rd-georgia-deshaun-watson-recruitment-clemson

From the article: "
Watson is currently the offseason favorite to win the Heisman Trophy in 2016 after a great sophomore season and a scintillating night against Alabama with a national title on the line. He was once "just" a high school star in Georgia, though, and despite being the state's best quarterback prospect since Cam Newton, he barely gave Georgia the time of day, committing to Clemson as a sophomore and never truly wavering on that pledge. That wasn't for lack of trying: Watson was Mark Richt's primary target in the 2014 class, and the only QB the Dawgs had offered as of May 2013, when Watson essentially shut down his recruitment. By then, though, Watson had been committed to Dabo Swinney and Chad Morris for nearly two years, and it seems that Clemson beating everyone else to the spot with Watson is what secured his enrollment".

Not a good look, Richt.

Yeah, we had offensive line problems before Searels got here, but he's done nothing to fix those problems. They've gotten worse. Scaife's play undermines the whole 18-year-old true freshmen can't play argument. With proper coaching Reed and Jones could have played even if situationally. Hillery and Herbert should be further along also. Searels is so bad it's not even worth arguing about. Should have been fired immediately after the Pittsburgh game.
Ztheyre worst because Donaldson the most talented lineman is out of position so it lessens 4 positions instead of just 2 that's based on what taoent is there most of which he easnt here to bring in. Once again and this is for any coach freshmen lineman in college are the most hit and miss position because MAYBE 5% are day 1 physically ready and even less are mentally ready to start annd and allbit takes is one to make a mental error and get your qb destroyed which almost no school takes chances with. Everybody just blames Searles but any player will say the offensive line have the most difficult transition into college that's just fact. Now they should at least be able to play now but are they better then an oline that had alnost 300 yards rushing the last 2 games? I have no clue but they should no doubt next season

Advertisement
With no QB and more importantly OL commitments, it's no surprise we're whiffing on Williams. It's a tough sell when you're laying a streaming pile of **** on the recruitment front.

Not to mention competing against two of the highe$t bidder$ on the recruiting block.

UM

It is a complete joke that we are still recruiting Derrick Hunter imo.
See this is the sh** I don’t understand from this fanbase. You know we need depth on this team, especially in the trenches, how is it a joke to continue recruiting a kid at a position in need of depth which is vital in building a championship caliber d-line? everyone thinks he’s a nuisance & no one like his “trolling” but he’s also 6’5 285, now is not the time to complain about the staff having a sense of urgency & going after a strongside DE, like Ivins said interior defensive linemen don’t grow on trees, you keep recruiting

Ztheyre worst because Donaldson the most talented lineman is out of position so it lessens 4 positions instead of just 2 that's based on what taoent is there most of which he easnt here to bring in. Once again and this is for any coach freshmen lineman in college are the most hit and miss position because MAYBE 5% are day 1 physically ready and even less are mentally ready to start annd and allbit takes is one to make a mental error and get your qb destroyed which almost no school takes chances with. Everybody just blames Searles but any player will say the offensive line have the most difficult transition into college that's just fact. Now they should at least be able to play now but are they better then an oline that had alnost 300 yards rushing the last 2 games? I have no clue but they should no doubt next season

I do agree that Donaldson did play poorly at tackle.

Advertisement
Something I realized its not the reason for the current state of our class, but there's no leader of the class, should have brought a QB much earlier or identified someone who would put on for the class

Screenshot_2018-12-07_165556.jpg
curious has this Baga commit always had his commitment status off Twitter?

Advertisement
See this is the sh** I don’t understand from this fanbase. You know we need depth on this team, especially in the trenches, how is it a joke to continue recruiting a kid at a position in need of depth which is vital in building a championship caliber d-line? everyone thinks he’s a nuisance & no one like his “trolling” but he’s also 6’5 285, now is not the time to complain about the staff having a sense of urgency & going after a strongside DE, like Ivins said interior defensive linemen don’t grow on trees, you keep recruiting
We don't ******* run a 34, Hunter will NEVER play DE if he came here dude. He's a DT all the way. We have 3 DT commits. He is a guy that I would not want on this team at this point.
Maybe they shouldn't have lost our top ******* target in Ingraham. Or maybe they should flip Fuller. Or maybe they should have actually recruited Tyler Davis and Jaquaze Sorrells. But this dude is actually a negative imo.

Advertisement
Back