Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 12/6

I genuinely believe recruits question whether Searels can develop them. And, the fact that Richt has not replaced him is troubling. Searels is an easy target for competition to negatively recruit against.
I believe this too and sadly the biggest issues we had were the seniors beside St.Louis just sucked but mentally they were ahead of the young guys but then that forced Donaldson to be a tackle when he's a guard which ruined it all. Sadly when Auburn is using that as a tactic then everybody is because their line is worse but somehow at least some kids believe it

Advertisement
He lost kids this year, this year. Stop making this bigger than what it is. Richt has proven that he is a elite recruiter in his past and since he has been here he has elevated the talent on this roster and brought in some good coaches with him. BTW 10-1 and ACC coach of the year in 2017 is not sucking.

If you had followed Uga while CMR was there you would know it was not CMR that was a top flight recruiter, it was some of his asst coaches. His only noteworthy recruits were Green and Stafford if I remember correctly. Take note none of the four national recognized recruiters at Uga declined to come to Miami with him..they knew him to well...one was a very solid Christian. So CMR hires a bunch of rookie coaches on the cheap so he can take home the 4mil.

I believe this too and sadly the biggest issues we had were the seniors beside St.Louis just sucked but mentally they were ahead of the young guys but then that forced Donaldson to be a tackle when he's a guard which ruined it all. Sadly when Auburn is using that as a tactic then everybody is because their line is worse but somehow at least some kids believe it

The biggest issue we have is Stacy Searels. Searels has mismanaged our young offensive linemen, and he has not developed them either. In fact, I think Donaldson looks worse than he did in high school. Jahair Jones should have never played at UM, but that Searels could not develop the more talented guys behind him to beat him out is an indictment against him as a coach. I feel the same about Mark and Jon with our young QBs. Jarren Williams is the highest rated QB we've had in recent memory. Richt couldn't even work him in late in the season. But I digress. Hillary and Herbert should be at a point where they could have helped us. And Reed and Jones should have gotten snaps also. Diaz worked Jade in this season, and I expect to see more of him against Wisconsin. Reed and Jones are where they started as far as game experience goes.

I also didn't like Gaynor redshirting. We are not talented enough at any position to shelve young players for some later date. If they can help us now, and I believe Gaynor could have, then we need them to play. I feel the same way about Lo and Cam. Glad Cam finally got burn at the end of the season, and I hate Lo got injured. We keep blaming our players when our coaches are holding them back. More years under Searels' tutelage isn't going to make Gaynor any better, but playing experience and getting acclimated to the speed of the game, etc. would have been helpful. Scaife did the best he could in a tough situation, but I think in the future he could be dominant with better coaching.

You mentioned Donaldson, sure after he struggled outside Searels moved him inside, but Donaldson also struggled at Guard late this season. At best, I would call him inconsistent. Take a look at the last four minutes of the Duke game. Our OL play was literally embarrassing - guys lunging, falling down, playing high, etc. Donaldson has had too many snaps to be so inconsistent. Even as a unit the OL was undisciplined, way too many false starts.

So the main issue is with coaching, which is why simply bringing in more talented guys isn't going to fix the problem.

Why would anybody even Miami coaches encourage top flight players come to Miami when they can go to Alabama of Georgia? That would be dishonest if you really want the best for the players.

Why have I heard this 20 or 30 times in the last couple of months from Miami "fans"?
The answer is not everyone wants to go to Alabama and Georgia.
Maybe they want to blaze their own trail and not be one of the sheep.
Best for the players?
Hazelwood and Stevenson will both be in the league in 4 or 5 years no matter where they go.
Bank on it.

Advertisement
Since Coker, we now have enough data points consistently gathered to determine whether a coach is full of it or not. Richt's got a lot of parallels going right now compared to his predecessor. Now, with Golden, we got what we paid for. Richt's making $4+ mil per year and was allowed to hire his unqualified kid on the staff. Suffice it to say, we're not getting the results that we're paying for.
That should of been the red flag, i didnt know much about the guys he hired besides Diaz and Kul.........................Kul dipped just like Oregons coach dipped on AG. Huge red flag and left for the same position a lateral move

The biggest issue we have is Stacy Searels. Searels has mismanaged our young offensive linemen, and he has not developed them either. In fact, I think Donaldson looks worse than he did in high school. Jahair Jones should have never played at UM, but that Searels could not develop the more talented guys behind him to beat him out is an indictment against him as a coach. I feel the same about Mark and Jon with our young QBs. Jarren Williams is the highest rated QB we've had in recent memory. Richt couldn't even work him in late in the season. But I digress. Hillary and Herbert should be at a point where they could have helped us. And Reed and Jones should have gotten snaps also. Diaz worked Jade in this season, and I expect to see more of him against Wisconsin. Reed and Jones are where they started as far as game experience goes.

I also didn't like Gaynor redshirting. We are not talented enough at any position to shelve young players for some later date. If they can help us now, and I believe Gaynor could have, then we need them to play. I feel the same way about Lo and Cam. Glad Cam finally got burn at the end of the season, and I hate Lo got injured. We keep blaming our players when our coaches are holding them back. More years under Searels' tutelage isn't going to make Gaynor any better, but playing experience and getting acclimated to the speed of the game, etc. would have been helpful. Scaife did the best he could in a tough situation, but I think in the future he could be dominant with better coaching.

You mentioned Donaldson, sure after he struggled outside Searels moved him inside, but Donaldson also struggled at Guard late this season. At best, I would call him inconsistent. Take a look at the last four minutes of the Duke game. Our OL play was literally embarrassing - guys lunging, falling down, playing high, etc. Donaldson has had too many snaps to be so inconsistent. Even as a unit the OL was undisciplined, way too many false starts.

So the main issue is with coaching, which is why simply bringing in more talented guys isn't going to fix the problem.
I disagree, the problem was before Searles even got here not having the right guys in for so long to allow better players in toe once he got here. Now hhe hasn't developed the line right but offensive lines are the hardest positions for a freshman to succeed in physically and mentally so last season being his first actual class he brought in you don't play them unless they won't mentally ***** up which once again for true freshmens is asking alot especially late in the season where you're then asking them to gain chemistry with a unit the haven't worked with thats asking for trouble most likely.

Talent is one thing at wr, rb, te, db, dline and even linebacker because you're better with a unit but most of it is on yourself the oline is all about cohesion and trust which the only one that seemed ready was Herbert and no surprised he made mental errors and every freshman oline even the elite ones do it when they're not ready. Now Donaldson growth was stunted fhe second he was forced to place tackle because as freshman guard who was ready he had great moments until Clemson beat him down but when he was in position he had all ACC written all over him that was good development but like putting Redwine at cb to start his career its not Rumphs fault he just is a safety so you cant force it.
Now the fact is bad line play hurt us for a while but the biggest problem was we didnt get a transferor JUCO rt who could've made Donaldson as good as he needed to be but it didn't happen so Searles job is to develop Reed as one guard, Donaldson as the other, Hillery or Campbell as the lt and Herbert as the rt and Gaynor at c which is talented enough with no excuses but I don't care who you have as the oline coach you can't bet on 18 year old olineman until they can handle it

A real coach may well have had us in the playoffs last year. We had no business losing to Pitt. If we win that game and give a respectable showing against Clemson, legit chance we could have made it last year.

The problem isn't the talent on the field anymore. It's the coaching.

Our talent is on par?
So our qb’s are just as good as tua hurts Lawrence and Murray?
Our dline is as good and deep as Clemson’s?
Our oline as good as bamas?
Please tell me we’re we are 3 deep in blue chip talent? The back up dt’s at Clemson can very well be better than the ones going in the draft
Our defense is really good and even elite I would say. But our dline and lb’s are not very deep at all.
Unfortunately players making the decision to go early has hurt us much more than any recruiting mishaps. If players like Njoku and the 2 dt’s stay for theire senior years our team looks way way better.
Not criticizing their decision. It’s a free country. But those 3 players alone make a huge difference even if they are not graduating in the same year. And if that huge difference means an extra 2 wins last season and even a bowl win; Then our recruiting classes would also be better thus putting is on a deeper and better position this and last year in terms of w’s and recruiting. Not defending the coaches cause I agree we’re not taking advantage of our talent. But What does or defense look like if major9 doesn’t stay for his senior year?
Would Clemson’s defense be as good if those players left for the draft? Would they have lost that first game to tamu? What if we would’ve had another year of at82 and chief?
This has been a problem that has plagued this university for many years.
The top teams have high draft graded players that stay for their 4th year but we don’t and it has hurt this team a lot.
Again this is not an arguement about who should stay or who should go. It’s strictly about how much better the team would be if they would’ve stayed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One more thing if the Butler OT comes here they're instantly better at oline because now finally all 5 lineman will actually be in their natural positions with most likely him, Donaldson and Gaynor as day 1 starters with Campbell/Hillery and Scaife/Reed battling it out best men win. Searles won't have an excuse because all of those guys can do the job if coached right unlike ******* Mahoney and Gauthier

Why would anybody even Miami coaches encourage top flight players come to Miami when they can go to Alabama of Georgia? That would be dishonest if you really want the best for the players.
Why would Miami coaches encourage top flight players to come to Miami... Because it's their job? Lol despite what you or any other person thinks, the coaches still want to win. How they've gone about it has been questionable no doubt. If the Miami coaches weren't going after the top prospects then people like you would ***** up a storm about that too.

And there's nothing "dishonest" about encouraging those players to come to Miami. If that's the case then no one else should ever recruit those kids except for 2-3 schools. That's the way to improve the team LMAO :hopelessness:

Advertisement
Don’t like this new development with Tyrique Stevenson taking an OV to UF this weekend. They’ve been taking our lunch money lately.

@Cribby anything to see hear?
It’s not a new development, it was reported a few weeks ago that uf was getting an official visit from Stevenson

Advertisement
Our talent is on par?
So our qb’s are just as good as tua hurts Lawrence and Murray?
Our dline is as good and deep as Clemson’s?
Our oline as good as bamas?
Please tell me we’re we are 3 deep in blue chip talent? The back up dt’s at Clemson can very well be better than the ones going in the draft
Our defense is really good and even elite I would say. But our dline and lb’s are not very deep at all.
Unfortunately players making the decision to go early has hurt us much more than any recruiting mishaps. If players like Njoku and the 2 dt’s stay for theire senior years our team looks way way better.
Not criticizing their decision. It’s a free country. But those 3 players alone make a huge difference even if they are not graduating in the same year. And if that huge difference means an extra 2 wins last season and even a bowl win; Then our recruiting classes would also be better thus putting is on a deeper and better position this and last year in terms of w’s and recruiting. Not defending the coaches cause I agree we’re not taking advantage of our talent. But What does or defense look like if major9 doesn’t stay for his senior year?
Would Clemson’s defense be as good if those players left for the draft? Would they have lost that first game to tamu? What if we would’ve had another year of at82 and chief?
This has been a problem that has plagued this university for many years.
The top teams have high draft graded players that stay for their 4th year but we don’t and it has hurt this team a lot.
Again this is not an arguement about who should stay or who should go. It’s strictly about how much better the team would be if they would’ve stayed.

You serious man? You telling me our talent isn’t good enough to beat Duke? Stop, just stop.

Advertisement
Back