Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 12/6

View as article
That was not the question though.. IF he lands Bogle, Haselwood, and Rique then those are nice building blocks of elite talent for next year. Still need good OL. Luckily Tarquin and Eugakun are replaceable with similar type kids. It is Neal that has me hurting. Dude is a Cane legacy and 3 year starter on the OL.Yet he's all Bama.
I dont think we close

I think people fall for this every year and it will end the same. Thats just my opinion on it

If he closes it will be the first time hes ever closed but if he can close on his A options like Neal Ingraham it was already a disaster whwn he lost those guys earlier in the cycle

Nunn
Neal
Ingraham
Bogle
Stevenson
Battle

A list like that is elite closing and i know theres more names im missing

Advertisement
I don't know man. If I hire a contractor to rebuild my house after a hurricane, and 90% of the way through I find out he's put the septic tank in the attic, I'm making changes, not just continuing along on blind faith.

That's where we're at. Richt has built this program on a shoddy foundation of nepotism and stale offensive philosophy and it ain't working.

If you're happy about how things are going then I'm glad for you, but we are most definitely not in solid hands with Richt, we are not getting elite players to fill dire needs that have the potential for being glaring holes in our depth chart, and stars and class rankings definitely do matter.
FACTS right here

Advertisement
My read on the situation was that TS wants to be in Miami, but family wants him to take the money. They don't want to wait for NFL money when they can have it right now. At the end of the day, it's just reading tea leaves, so who knows, but I will be surprised if he ends up here.
I would take the money cause nothings guaranteed, at that age im taking the money and running with it. Im trying to be a non orange n green glasses as can be right now

I would take the money cause nothings guaranteed, at that age im taking the money and running with it. Im trying to be a non orange n green glasses as can be right now

Those orange and green glasses are BOGO at the Family Dollar right now... not many people buying.

I don’t get the mad rush at running back unless they think Travis homer is leaving early? But even then we would have deejay Dallas, Lorenzo lingard, Camron Davis and Robert Burns. Regardless there are some intriguing options and I think we get Richards in February ultimately and he will play rb but we will see
The list you made is unimpressive. Dallas is ok. Lingard is hurt and who knows. Davis seems to be good. And we all know burns. You want to go into the season with 2 backs bascially that are known if Homer leaves?

Advertisement
Haselwood major props Bogle should be a layup as any elite sfla kid should be so no props for that. Im not falling into this trap cause the big boys two weeks before signing day will go hard for there families. They will give us the ones they dont really believe in, they play chess while we still playing connect 4.
I get what you are saying when you say Bogle should be a layup but nah. If we get Bogle that's a big deal with Bama amongst others trying to get him.

Some of these kids just want to play games. They want to cry about an offer just so they can play the hat game. He better hurry up and commit somwhere or he might be playing musical chairs

Haselwood major props Bogle should be a layup as any elite sfla kid should be so no props for that. Im not falling into this trap cause the big boys two weeks before signing day will go hard for there families. They will give us the ones they dont really believe in, they play chess while we still playing connect 4.

Is that what happened in 2017 and 2018? We just took the scraps of what other teams left for us? Wow how hatred has turned to ignorance in one year.

Recruiting is a fluid thing and crap happens. We lost some kids this year and last year and the year before that but we still get a **** of a lot more talent than 90% of the schools out there. I will say this again, One bad year on the recruiting front does not mean our coaches can't recruit! Just unreal how some of you think....

Advertisement
I dont think we close

I think people fall for this every year and it will end the same. Thats just my opinion on it

If he closes it will be the first time hes ever closed but if he can close on his A options like Neal Ingraham it was already a disaster whwn he lost those guys earlier in the cycle

Nunn
Neal
Ingraham
Bogle
Stevenson
Battle

A list like that is elite closing and i know theres more names im missing

The first time ever that he closes on top end talent? Really? **** you people crack me up!

Garvin didnt play a lot as a freshmen. Had 3 freshmen LBs starting in 2016 and still had a top 25 defense.

Not against the 2019 schedule you shouldn't be. Let's say we go with Garvin, Silvera, Ford, Rousseau, Pickney, Quarterman, Finley, Bandy, Hall, Stevenson/Carter, Ivey/Frierson- Nickelback Blades. That line up right there based on talent alone will whoop up on the likes of 3/4's of our opponents offenses. Now if we lose Pickney and Quarterman (which I don't think we will) teams might be able to run on us and that's scary if I'm being honest.

Is that what happened in 2017 and 2018? We just took the scraps of what other teams left for us? Wow how hatred has turned to ignorance in one year.

Recruiting is a fluid thing and crap happens. We lost some kids this year and last year and the year before that but we still get a **** of a lot more talent than 90% of the schools out there. I will say this again, One bad year on the recruiting front does not mean our coaches can't recruit! Just unreal how some of you think....

This sentence is doing a lot of work, and verges on a self-own. Also, I'd be curious to see what your definition of "some" is.

We have lost more of the studs in our backyard than we have kept for years now and Richt has gotten his *** kicked down the homestretch every year since he's been here.

Advertisement
This sentence is doing a lot of work, and verges on a self-own. Also, I'd be curious to see what your definition of "some" is.

We have lost more of the studs in our backyard than we have kept for years now and Richt has gotten his *** kicked down the homestretch every year since he's been here.

Yea he lost some battles against bigger schools with winning programs but we won our fair share of those battles also. Richt has improved this program from top to bottom since he has been here and I truly expect that he will rebound with a great year in 2019. The schedule sets up nicely and we definitely have the talent. We just can't turn the ball over multiple times and win games. When we don't turn the ball over we win by 20+ like we did vs Pitt and V.T. at the end of the year.

Correct. Richt is MAYBE batting .250 when going up against the big dawgs for local 4 and 5 Star kids

Lost me right here....

Not against the 2019 schedule you shouldn't be. Let's say we go with Garvin, Silvera, Ford, Rousseau, Pickney, Quarterman, Finley, Bandy, Hall, Stevenson/Carter, Ivey/Frierson- Nickelback Blades. That line up right there based on talent alone will whoop up on the likes of 3/4's of our opponents offenses. Now if we lose Pickney and Quarterman (which I don't think we will) teams might be able to run on us and that's scary if I'm being honest.
It is what it is. You lose players every year in cfb.

Advertisement
Back