Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 1/31

Advertisement
Well there are always some guys who will be better than others. Richt really ignored D recruiting for the most part. Not sure he managed O recruiting either but he put his best recrruiters there. He had co-OC Brown, Donk aduggans and Hartley recruiting O. His son and Searels, sigh.

Richt had a whole defensive staff to help recruit defensive players, and guess what we got the same bunch of defensive guys here now, so who going to recruit? Can’t blame guys not here for the ones who are left.

Or maybe just give the man credit for doing his job. Not sure what else could be expected out of him. He did his job. He's #1. The 'oh yeah but he had help' argument simply doesn't hold up.

It’s as if people need to see him land every recruit and have them all become first round picks while the front 7 struggles mightily to show his worth.

There’s a lack of context to this criticism of him.

Yeah. You never know what lies MSU recruiter tells these guys. Like South Florida is due to be submerged under three feet of water by 2020 due to global warming according to this big NY expert Ocasio-Cortez. And as a result you'll never be able to get your car out under three feet of water. And the kid, never having heard of this great scientist Ocasio-Cortez panics and drops Miami.
Lmfao
We got lemmings on THIS board who believe it

Advertisement
Despite the tremendous amount of positive momentum Diaz and the new staff has produced there are still a few underlying issues that remain that must be addressed. Tops on that list would be the seemingly bizarre disconnect between the coaching staff and the recruiting department. They are clearly not on the same page. It would seem that we are constantly bypassing what would be good practical pickups in order to bet everything on these high profile 5 star divas which frankly I find to be quite disturbing. Manny needs to address this as soon as he is able to stop and take a breath.

Last edited:
Despite the tremendous amount of positive momentum Diaz and the new staff has produced there are still a few underlying issues that remain that must be addressed. Tops on that list would be the seemingly bizarre disconnect between the coaching staff and the recruiting department. They are clearly not on the same page. It would seem that we are constantly bypassing what would be good practical pickups like Boykin in order to bet everything on these high profile 5 star divas like Bogle which frankly I find to be quite disturbing. Manny needs to address this as soon as he is able to stop and take a breath.
Eh, i agree a bit but what makes you think boykin is a guy the staff thinks os worthwhile? Because a recruiting site got people excited about him? At the end of the day, you cant aspire to tell a staff who to recruit. But you can judge the results. Fill the roster. Evaluate well. Understand your needs. Win your local battles most of the time. Win sme OOS battles. Scramble as needed. Have back up plans. Dont get caught with your pants around your ankles. Thats recruiting.

Advertisement
Eh, i agree a bit but what makes you think boykin is a guy the staff thinks os worthwhile? Because a recruiting site got people excited about him? At the end of the day, you cant aspire to tell a staff who to recruit. But you can judge the results. Fill the roster. Evaluate well. Understand your needs. Win your local battles most of the time. Win sme OOS battles. Scramble as needed. Have back up plans. Dont get caught with your pants around your ankles. Thats recruiting.
It's not neccesarily about Boykin. I used him as an example to illustrate a point.

Despite the tremendous amount of positive momentum Diaz and the new staff has produced there are still a few underlying issues that remain that must be addressed. Tops on that list would be the seemingly bizarre disconnect between the coaching staff and the recruiting department. They are clearly not on the same page. It would seem that we are constantly bypassing what would be good practical pickups like Boykin in order to bet everything on these high profile 5 star divas like Bogle which frankly I find to be quite disturbing. Manny needs to address this as soon as he is able to stop and take a breath.

Agreed

I agree there is a disconnect but using Boykin/Bogle is a terrible one. If Boykin was elite, he wouldn’t still be on the board. Also, why is no one else drooling over Boykin besides you guys in this board. He is a tweener. Not big enough for DE and probably not fast enough for LB.

This is the same stuff we have heard under Rumph and Manny's reign as recruiters. "It's okay to lose him, because blah blah blah." And then the next recruiting cycle, Rumph and Manny still look like idiots on the recruiting front.

Where did I say if we lose him? Smh

Advertisement
I agree there is a disconnect but using Boykin/Bogle is a terrible one. If Boykin was elite, he wouldn’t still be on the board. Also, why is no one else drooling over Boykin besides you guys in this board. He is a tweener. Not big enough for DE and probably not fast enough for LB.
I admit that in my haste I blurted out a horrible example.

Advertisement
I think most people here are missing the point. Let's separate Rumph's recruiting and coaching.

Good coach: #1 pass defense (albeit against poor competition)

Bad recruiter: CJ Henderson, Marco Wilson, Brian Edwards, Tyson Campbell, PS2, Tyrique Stevenson, Akeem Dent, Brownlee, the list is longer I know

We have 1 cornerback commit 6 days from signing day and he weighs 150 pounds (Couch). Not acceptable

too much going on to read through everything, can someone update me on our remaining targets likelihood of signing with us as of today?

EDIT: LOL nevermind, someone literally just made a new thread doing exactly this simultaneous to my post.

Advertisement
Back