Thursday practice observations

Advertisement
i echo this. It’s easy to get open on parking cones. I have a feeling our secondary and pass rush are worse than anticipated. Defenses usually perform better than offenses in the spring time.
Our pass rush can't be that bad. I'm not buying it. Now the secondary........

Plus we have a ton of weapons offensively in the passing game. You have X, George, Ray Ray, Robbie W, Jojo, Carr, plus Arroyo, Riley and Lofton plus #2 whose name I'm blanking out on. Plus a fantastic OL and here's the kicker. We have not 1 but 2 starting caliber QBs who have a ton of experience and who have thrown for a lot of yards in Ward and Poff. That isn't going to be easy for any secondary to handle.

Having said that, we need help at CB and Safety in the post spring portal!

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident they both had the same shoulder surgery on the same shoulder.
Halloween What GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
Having a legitimate TE is such a huge difference maker for an offense and something I bet Cam Ward has never experienced. Something like that will take his game to the next level as well. Going to be fun to watch that combo of Ward to Arroyo this year.

Having a legitimate TE is such a huge difference maker for an offense and something I bet Cam Ward has never experienced. Something like that will take his game to the next level as well. Going to be fun to watch that combo of Ward to Arroyo this year.
Cam has never had this level of playmakers combined with OL. He will be loving life in the fall.

D$

Any evidence of Cam taking some snaps under center vs the shotgun? I’m guessing that Cam’s NFL ambitions would be helped quite a lot if NFL scouts could see that he can efficiently handle snaps under center (see Brock Purdy in the 49er offense) vs strictly a shotgun scheme.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
If we stay out the condensed sets and go back to using a 6th OL to block at times like we did up until the Bye Week.
You’ll be pleased to read this little tidbit on Bell in this update:

“Maybe he plays in unbalanced lines, six offensive linemen”

D$

Any evidence of Cam taking some snaps under center vs the shotgun? I’m guessing that Cam’s NFL ambitions would be helped quite a lot if NFL scouts could see that he can efficiently handle snaps under center (see Brock Purdy in the 49er offense) vs strictly a shotgun scheme.

Thoughts?
Can't answer scheme questions.

Cam has never had this level of playmakers combined with OL. He will be loving life in the fall.

Agreed but having the safety blanket of someone like Arroyo is a massive thing for a QB to get comfortable in the beginning. Hopefully we see this connection light up defenses beginning the first week of Sept.

Advertisement
Thanks for the update on Popo but how's Malik Bryant progresssing? He was rated higher than Popo coming out of Orlando.

Advertisement
Did you smack some sense into dan Radakovich as requested?
isnt it obvious? we dont have a guaranteed home yet. UNC will file the moment they can get NCSU with them bc they know the state legislature will force them together.

Advertisement
Back