Thursday Night at the Grove

Canes1135

Sophomore
Dudes. Down in Miami beach with some buddies and we're heading up to the Grove tomorrow night. About 5 years removed from the U and wanted to inquire about the current spots to party at. We're all 26-27 and looking to get into it. We're doing SoBe tonight and Friday but wanted to switch it up. Appreciate the insight.

Advertisement
Its still a nice spot to hang but the kids are going to be significantly younger for the most part . I think you'd have a little more fun at wynwood (wood tavern , gramps) or downtown/brickell (red bar , will call , fado's)

Its still a nice spot to hang but the kids are going to be significantly younger for the most part . I think you'd have a little more fun at wynwood (wood tavern , gramps) or downtown/brickell (red bar , will call , fado's)

+1

It's amazing how quickly you go from being age appropriate at the grove, to being the old creepy guys

Advertisement
Heard the "new" Tavern was actually decent last Thursday so you might want to see if the second semester kickoff crowd is still in effect if you're interested in hunting some young meat.

Good lord, I just realized I'm going to be in the same boat as the OP next time I visit UM. Where the **** did the last 4 years go?

Last time I went back to the Grove it was a harrowing experience. I had become that older dude that I hated when I was a college kid partying there. These guys are right: accept your lot in life and move on to Brickell.

Advertisement
Have to pick and choose your spots if you do go to the grove. Greenstreet still generally has an older crowd (people of drinking age)...Tavern...not so much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good lord, I just realized I'm going to be in the same boat as the OP next time I visit UM. Where the **** did the last 4 years go?

Wait till you hit 40, have a couple of kids and the belt line expands. A night out might be a movie, a cigar bar or a decent wing joint with good beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Oyster
Blue_Oyster_Bar_Dancing_zpsdda6d360.gif

Wait till you hit 40, have a couple of kids and the belt line expands. A night out might be a movie, a cigar bar or a decent wing joint with good beer.

Wait until you hit 60 when a memory of a night like that is best you can do, or a memory period.

Advertisement
Back