Thread title on TOS-Mike Farrell

Farrell is usually pretty reliable.

He's no more reliable than any of the other fake insider twits. There's almost 0 chance Kayaa dycks up at this late stage of the process. He's had those offers for a long time, and he's way too good of a kid to wait this late to gut our chances of replacing him.

also too smart to be playing games this late in the game

this isnt a "im gonna wait til after signing day cause im not sure" type of kid

you guys have got to realize they arent selling subscriptions anymore (CiS says waddup) so they will make all kind of crazy headlines just to get you to run a free trial so they can hook you in. Ferman for example. Its like he lurks here all day long, waits for Peter to say something, and then goes on his premium board and debunks or says the opposite. The competition is in desperation mode.

Sensationalism at its finest, get everybody worked into a tizzy just to sell subscriptions.

Advertisement
Mike Farrell is in the bottom 5% of people whose opinion I trust. He is absolutely horrendous at his job in every way.

Farrell is a pure UM hater never has anything good to say always loves to write crap about Miami....he loves Langstons balls in his mouth

Advertisement

As mentioned here before, UCLA has been very active in identifying a quarterback in this class. They seemed to have focused a majority of their efforts on Miami commit Brad Kaaya. While still committed to the Hurricanes, Kaaya has definitely not ignored the UCLA advances and had an in-home visit with several members of the Bruins' coaching staff last week. With his senior season still active and a state championship game coming up this weekend, look for some additional information to come out of the Kaaya camp next week regarding his future. There have been rumors of a flip since UCLA realized they needed a quarterback in this class.

There are always a few names in Florida that seem to blow up in December/January. This year's candidate is three-star cornerback Cornelius Floyd of Miami (Fla.) Gulliver Prep. Floyd took his first official visit to Virginia earlier this month, has a second scheduled to West Virginia in January and is in the process of scheduling two more to Arkansas and Oklahoma. With other programs looking for additional cornerbacks after more players go off the market, look for Floyd to become a hotter and hotter name. He showed off his ball-hawking skills during his senior season, finishing as one of the top players in Dade/Broward County in interceptions this fall.

While J.C. Jackson is a Florida commit, he took an official visit to Miami this past weekend. The general thought is that he is still Florida State's to lose. The one-time Seminoles commit seems likely once again to become a member of this recruiting class, as he has become more of a priority to the staff in recent weeks. Word is that they have also given him the option of playing offense or defense, which has also peaked Jackson's interest.

- See more at: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1589040#sthash.ZQebAyrk.dpuf

Farrell is usually pretty reliable. I remember he was calling Bush and McCord to UM when everyone else had Auburn and South Carolina.

Brad is hands down the most important recruit we have. As much as we want Cook and Lane you can't even compare there value to Kaaya.

No.

Advertisement
Nope but don't really care what he says. People will always speculate about kaaya even though he's been our must solid commit and I've heard nothing but positives on Jc lately so I'm not worried.

I really don't want to be that guy but while everyone was melting down last year about Collins/Thomas/Keef.....those guys there were calling it right while everyone was talking **** about them not knowing anything IIRC.

I don't think Kaaya goes though.

I really don't want to be that guy but while everyone was melting down last year about Collins/Thomas/Keef.....those guys there were calling it right while everyone was talking **** about them not knowing anything IIRC.

I don't think Kaaya goes though.

What he said.

the only thing that bothers me about kaaya is that every expert out there seems to think he is going to flip and he has been super quiet lately due to his playoffs etc. on the other hand we haven't even looked at a second QB to replace him which leads me to believe our staff isn't concerned.

Advertisement
ITs not that late in the game. Kids will be flipping like a senator after a new poll comes out during the national all star games in January.

Ferman peefing like a m@fer...

112.jpg

ITs not that late in the game. Kids will be flipping like a senator after a new poll comes out during the national all star games in January.

True but QB is usually the one position that is least static in the recruiting process.

Advertisement
Kaaya has repeated turned away many of UCLAs requests, he said he isn't thinking about recruiting, he was thinking only about the playoff games ahead. I can find the exact quote and source later, but I don't believe this account.

Just look at how poorly it was written.....
"There have been rumors of a flip since UCLA realized they needed a quarterback in this class."

They just figured out they need a QB this late in the recruiting season? Really? Rumors that he has flipped? Really? If that would have happened, it would have been leaked all over. This is pure **** being thrown against the wall....

447.jpg

Just a couple days ago Kaaya sent out that tweet to Dixon to come to Miami..However, i wont be shocked if his interest in UCLA increases as signing day approaches

Farrell is usually pretty reliable. I remember he was calling Bush and McCord to UM when everyone else had Auburn and South Carolina.

Brad is hands down the most important recruit we have. As much as we want Cook and Lane you can't even compare there value to Kaaya.

Actually he was doing the opposite

Dec 9:

Brad Kaaya does not seem too interested in other schools or recruiting much at all.
These questions were asked minutes after West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade upset Gardena (Calif.) Serra this past weekend in the playoffs but still, Kaaya sounds locked in with Miami and isn't too serious about the other programs recruiting him.
The four-star quarterback who had a strong showing against Serra recently had an in-home visit with Miami offensive coordinator/quarterback coach James Coley and everything went well.
Kaaya said he's not entirely sure about being an early enrollee but he's still solid with the Hurricanes. He's been committed there since mid-May.
"They're good," Kaaya said. "I just had an in-home visit a couple days ago with coach Coley. It's all good. It seems like a good situation for me. I'm going to try to get there early but we'll see.
"At the in-home, he answered all the questions I have or any concerns. He did a really good job of that. He's a cool dude so it was nice to hang out with my future OC."
Kaaya said he has not talked with the new USC coaching staff yet. As for UCLA, he said not much is happening there, either, although the Bruins continue to pursue him.
"I haven't talked to (USC coach Steve Sarkisian)," Kaaya said. "He hasn't talked to me.
"Nothing really big right now (with UCLA). I haven't really been thinking about recruiting. I've been focusing on this game and watching film every night."
It was a big upset especially since Serra handled Chaminade earlier this year, 36-0. This time around in the playoffs, Chaminade made the plays when needed and beat Serra, 38-35, on a last-second field goal.
"It means so much to me," Kaaya said. "I came to Chaminade to win a championship. When I got here my sophomore year when I transferred from Crespi was to win a championship. It didn't come last year but I felt this year we were more prepared coming into this game than we were in past games especially that 36-0 loss.
"We talked about it every week in practice making up 36 points. How were we going to make up 36 points? We did that and we scored 38."

I don't know if this is premium content or not, so the Mods can decide. I get an email from a buddy that puts all kinds of Canes recruiting news together from multiple sources. If the Mods think it should come down, let me know or do it, but this is the last I have seen or heard from him.....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back