Thread title on TOS-Mike Farrell

Dec 9:

Brad Kaaya does not seem too interested in other schools or recruiting much at all.
These questions were asked minutes after West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade upset Gardena (Calif.) Serra this past weekend in the playoffs but still, Kaaya sounds locked in with Miami and isn't too serious about the other programs recruiting him.
The four-star quarterback who had a strong showing against Serra recently had an in-home visit with Miami offensive coordinator/quarterback coach James Coley and everything went well.
Kaaya said he's not entirely sure about being an early enrollee but he's still solid with the Hurricanes. He's been committed there since mid-May.
"They're good," Kaaya said. "I just had an in-home visit a couple days ago with coach Coley. It's all good. It seems like a good situation for me. I'm going to try to get there early but we'll see.
"At the in-home, he answered all the questions I have or any concerns. He did a really good job of that. He's a cool dude so it was nice to hang out with my future OC."
Kaaya said he has not talked with the new USC coaching staff yet. As for UCLA, he said not much is happening there, either, although the Bruins continue to pursue him.
"I haven't talked to (USC coach Steve Sarkisian)," Kaaya said. "He hasn't talked to me.
"Nothing really big right now (with UCLA). I haven't really been thinking about recruiting. I've been focusing on this game and watching film every night."
It was a big upset especially since Serra handled Chaminade earlier this year, 36-0. This time around in the playoffs, Chaminade made the plays when needed and beat Serra, 38-35, on a last-second field goal.
"It means so much to me," Kaaya said. "I came to Chaminade to win a championship. When I got here my sophomore year when I transferred from Crespi was to win a championship. It didn't come last year but I felt this year we were more prepared coming into this game than we were in past games especially that 36-0 loss.
"We talked about it every week in practice making up 36 points. How were we going to make up 36 points? We did that and we scored 38."

I don't know if this is premium content or not, so the Mods can decide. I get an email from a buddy that puts all kinds of Canes recruiting news together from multiple sources. If the Mods think it should come down, let me know or do it, but this is the last I have seen or heard from him.....

this makes ferrell look like an idiot. the truth is Kaaya doesn't even fit their system right now. they run that read option and they need more an athletic QB. Kaaya is like a statue back there.

Advertisement
I really don't want to be that guy but while everyone was melting down last year about Collins/Thomas/Keef.....those guys there were calling it right while everyone was talking **** about them not knowing anything IIRC.

I don't think Kaaya goes though.

What? That guy with a firm grasp on reality?

Advertisement
I really don't want to be that guy but while everyone was melting down last year about Collins/Thomas/Keef.....those guys there were calling it right while everyone was talking **** about them not knowing anything IIRC.

Don't get me wrong brother. I ******* hate that guy, I hate that website and all those ******* that run around there.

But let's not pretend like we are always right and they are always wrong.

Farrell is usually pretty reliable. I remember he was calling Bush and McCord to UM when everyone else had Auburn and South Carolina.

Brad is hands down the most important recruit we have. As much as we want Cook and Lane you can't even compare there value to Kaaya.

If not for Olsen, I would agree, but we have a promising QB for next year. What we do not and have not have is any DT's. Valentine is the most important along with Moten, Jenkins and the juco DT. If Olsen fails then Brad would be as improtant as the DTs, but we have no DTs to fall back on so Brad, while and outstanding recruit and certainly important, it is the D that is in desparate need. Together, Brad and the Dline recruits make this a great class. Without Brad, it is still outstanding, without that Dline it is a disaster.

Don't get me wrong brother. I ****ing hate that guy, I hate that website and all those ****es that run around there.

I also agree, but this time I think he is off. I have a hard time believing that Kaaya is a silent, it would mean he and his mom are POS and I just dont believe that. Choosing UCLA is one thing, but silenting to them and leaving out the staff, that discovered him and built this relationship with him, out to dry seems so out of character. Now in terms of JC, well his recruitment has been a giant circus anyway, and Im sure he is getting his info from Langston, like others have suggested, and the reality is that I dont think anybody really knows. Its easy to figure its Langston by the words he uses, and whenever I here that gump use phrases such as it appears nothing has changed, it tells me he has no idea, and his default is all is well in Nole land. The thing to remember about Langston is that he is batting always close to 1.000, because he will change his story up, kinda similar to what Bakas does.

Don't get me wrong brother. I ****ing hate that guy, I hate that website and all those ****es that run around there.

I also agree, but this time I think he is off. I have a hard time believing that Kaaya is a silent, it would mean he and his mom are POS and I just dont believe that. Choosing UCLA is one thing, but silenting to them and leaving out the staff, that discovered him and built this relationship with him, out to dry seems so out of character. Now in terms of JC, well his recruitment has been a giant circus anyway, and Im sure he is getting his info from Langston, like others have suggested, and the reality is that I dont think anybody really knows. Its easy to figure its Langston by the words he uses, and whenever I here that gump use phrases such as it appears nothing has changed, it tells me he has no idea, and his default is all is well in Nole land. The thing to remember about Langston is that he is batting always close to 1.000, because he will change his story up, kinda similar to what Bakas does.

Good post and I agree. I don't buy Kaaya to UCLA for a second. Maybe I am being incredibly naive but if he were bailing on us I really doubt he would blindside our staff like that. JC is a different story like you said. Do we look like we have a chance? Of course, but we see this type of thing year in and year out. Just have to use some common sense.

Advertisement
my posts are in no way a guarantee or statement for or against any other site. I read the information, then I try and objectively shoot holes in it to see if it passes the common sense test of reporting. I find more and more news is just flinging **** against the wall and seeing what sticks. I blame the reader as much, if not more than the writer in that case, because as a society, we have become near brain dead zombies believing **** near anything that comes out of that box with lights and sound, or recently that pops up on a website.

I try and look for more articles that has actual quotes from the person, look at their words more than implications from a source. I.E. this article, there wasn't a word from the person or a source. I posted the other article that had direct words from Kaaya's mouth. And had subliminal contexts that tips things off. i.e. "my future OC". "haven't talked to ....".

Does this mean anything about Kaaya? Nope, he could very well end up at UCLA. Which will I chose to believe, I choose to analyze the report, take the track record of the person reporting it if no direct quotes, and then act on it.

As much **** as folks give Pete here, he does get actual conversations with the recruits. I have been fortunate enough to be at the games with him or the sports grills and such for away games, and actually seen with my own eyes his phone with the texts from some recruits. That, and along with when Beast called him and CIS out on a report he made for ripping it off, Pete posted the text from the recruit, and then the recruit backed up Pete on Twitter, so Beast had to apologize and retract.

With that said, consider the source, and review the content of the statement as if you were a lawyer from the opposite site and trying to rip holes in it. Those that become harder to rip holes in from the opposite point of view, well those generally are closer to the truth.

Advertisement
Back