Thoughts?? Yikes

Since when did simply having guys on NFL rosters become an accomplishment at Miami?

That list is terrible. LOL

Your school is located in the most talented football ground IN THE WORLD.
You get zero props for having guys in the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed, and I believe Richt will get us there. He’s got all the tools he’s just got to keep signing South Florida kids with a sprinkling of OOS studs. That wwas the winning formula previously for JJ, Erickson, and Butch. I’m sure Richt will follow the same plan of action, and coach them up!!!

His evaluations weren't that bad. It was what he did once they got to campus that was criminal. That horrid scheme wasted a lot of that talent and its development.
You can't have a defensive coaching scheme centered around players you can't get. DL recruits in this part of the country don't want to spend 4 years absorbing blocks. We're built for speed. Not read/react.

I also think Golden's comfort zone was looking for under radar types because that is what he had to do to get guys to Temple. He was not used to going after high profile recruits and may had a bit of an inferiority complex recruiting against the big time coaches and programs. That said, it does say something that some of his under radar guys like Armbrister made it to an NFL roster from practical anonymity as a high school player. He did have a decent eye for talent. Just did not do much with them once here.

Advertisement
I also think Golden's comfort zone was looking for under radar types because that is what he had to do to get guys to Temple. He was not used to going after high profile recruits and may had a bit of an inferiority complex recruiting against the big time coaches and programs. That said, it does say something that some of his under radar guys like Armbrister made it to an NFL roster from practical anonymity as a high school player. He did have a decent eye for talent. Just did not do much with them once here.
Seems like Diaz is doing that too in this cycle based on his comments last month which i didn’t like

Yeah the defensive scheme and those coaches was largely the reason that we underachieved. Was it elite talent? No but it was good enough to field a quality defense with some of those guys

Exactly. There's no reason for the defense to have struggled as much as it did with those guys. I'm curious how well they would have played in the current scheme. Especially a guy like Perryman. To me he was the best tackling linebacker ever at UM.

Good points. Golden's biggest problem was coaching Miami like he would coach Temple. Hyper conservative and more concerned with playing it close to the vest and keeping the game close than actually winning the game. That's a good philosophy when your team sucks and you have no talent. When you're at Miami, that's the worst possible philosophy and it goes against pretty much everything these local kids have een taught since day 1.

Seems like Diaz is doing that too in this cycle based on his comments last month which i didn’t like

It's the talent eval. first and then the development and scheme. Golden was ok with the first and sucked at the latter. Not ready to put Diaz in Golden's category yet. You look at what Frost did at UCF last year with primarily 3 star players (mostly Florida guys) and you don't necessarily have to get the best guys just the right guys.

Advertisement
Golden was a terrible recruiter ALL AROUND.

Why is anybody giving him props for evaluating?

For every JAG on this recruiting list there's a more productive South FLA kid that he didn't even offer.

Advertisement
Back