Thoughts ? Top 5 QBs in the ACC

On the other hand...
Some fans don't want to realize how close we were being a 12 win team last year.
Let's go up and play Arky State, and, let that DE INT vs Wisky to start the 2nd quarter hit the ground and let the chips fall where they may.

I didn't like the fact that we were in so many close games.
I did like the fact that we won most of them.
Talk to the 2002 OSU Buckeyes.
They're not conceding what could have been 7 losses anytime soon.

We were who we were.
A 10-win team, ranked in the top 15.

Yes, there has to be improvement.
I am expecting improvement.
**** in the first quarter we was up 14-3 with 198 yards total against the #2 ranked Defense in the country In the bowl game vs Wisconsin and were gashing them. We should have won every game on our schedule except for clemson this year which would have put us at 13-1. Rosier had a streak of abysmal performances to end the season for sure but winning every game on our schedule outsideof clemson last year was in reach for sure

Advertisement
**** in the first quarter we was up 14-3 with 200 yards total against the #2 ranked Defense in the country In the bowl game vs Wisconsin and were gashing them.
And then their Goober QB turned into Tom Brady

Gtfo here with Eric dungey he’s straight trash I hated during the Syracuse game ... like oh boy he just threw his 4th pick but god**** is he brave or what ? I thought it was funny how we was talking trash the whole game but come 4th quarter that man had fear in his eyes lol

Advertisement
On the other hand...
Some fans don't want to realize how close we were being a 12 win team last year.
Let's go up and play Arky State, and, let that DE INT vs Wisky to start the 2nd quarter hit the ground and let the chips fall where they may.

I didn't like the fact that we were in so many close games.
I did like the fact that we won most of them.
Talk to the 2002 OSU Buckeyes.
They're not conceding what could have been 7 losses anytime soon.

We were who we were.
A 10-win team, ranked in the top 15.

Yes, there has to be improvement.
I am expecting improvement.

I don't mind close games, but when they are almost ALL close, that's asking for trouble. We need to be good enough to blow teams out and get backups quality minutes. We just aren't there yet, but I'm hoping we see that this year.

**** in the first quarter we was up 14-3 with 198 yards total against the #2 ranked Defense in the country In the bowl game vs Wisconsin and were gashing them. We should have won every game on our schedule except for clemson this year which would have put us at 13-1. Rosier had a streak of abysmal performances to end the season for sure but winning every game on our schedule outsideof clemson last year was in reach for sure
I hope the team isn't saying, "Hey, we were almost 13-1 last year!"

I don't mind close games, but when they are almost ALL close, that's asking for trouble. We need to be good enough to blow teams out and get backups quality minutes. We just aren't there yet, but I'm hoping we see that this year.
Our regular season average margin of victory was 13.64.
Seven of our regular season victories were by 1 TD or more.
Six were by 2 or more TDs.
Four were by 3 or more TDs.

We did not almost lose 5 games, and we were not always in close games. We had three victories that were within one score. IF we had lost those, we would not have played in the ACCCG, and would have had a much softer bowl game. Worst case scenario for us last season was 8-4 with the Arky game being cancelled, 9-4 if we had played it.

Advertisement

Just looking at the statistical numbers these QBs put up malik Rosier outperformed all of them outside of competition percentage and the ints.

lol so outside of the two most important thing he outperformed all of them!
wow what a great QB!!!!!

when you say it that way, i really see the error in my thinking.

what a ******* joke

We did not almost lose 5 games, and we were not always in close games. We had three victories that were within one score. IF we had lost those, we would not have played in the ACCCG, and would have had a much softer bowl game. Worst case scenario for us last season was 8-4 with the Arky game being cancelled, 9-4 if we had played it.

I think our slow starts made some of those feel closer than the final score would indicate. Just saying that may be part of why people aren't as impressed as the record and point margin would imply we should be.

You would like to think the playbook will be more versatile now with an experienced starter for this year. At least that’s my hope

Jeezus, at what point do we drop the idea that Richt has magical unicorn plays he's holding back?

Richt as OC is not at all the reason we lost 3 games last year, and I think he had the skillset at QB that he wanted. Rosier can do all the things he wants, just not consistently.

Advertisement
I think our slow starts made some of those feel closer than the final score would indicate. Just saying that may be part of why people aren't as impressed as the record and point margin would imply we should be.
Nobody should be impressed. Last season should be the bare minimum of what is expected from this team.

But that does not change the fact that last season we achieved our bare minimum expectations for the first time since joining the ACC.

Jeezus, at what point do we drop the idea that Richt has magical unicorn plays he's holding back?

Richt as OC is not at all the reason we lost 3 games last year, and I think he had the skillset at QB that he wanted. Rosier can do all the things he wants, just not consistently.
Not having a WR1 and not being sure what you have at RB2 and RB3 limit what you can run on offense as well. Not to mention no FB and a DE playing TE.

Homer and Dallas doing as well as they did was a welcome surprise. Not an off season expectation.

Not having a WR1 and not being sure what you have at RB2 and RB3 limit what you can run on offense as well. Not to mention no FB and a DE playing TE.

Homer and Dallas doing as well as they did was a welcome surprise. Not an off season expectation.

No doubt we weren't helped by injuries, but I think we still had the weapons to run whatever Richt wanted to run (except at TE).

I think it's wishful thinking to believe Richt has many plays that he's holding back. We've seen it as long as he's been here: "as soon as X happens, Richt will open up the playbook". I think we've seen enough X to determine that we're seeing very nearly what Richt wants to do.

Advertisement

Did not almost lose 5? Well, we lost 3 and needed miracles to beat GT and FSU. There's 5 if those two go the other way. You throw squeekers in against UNC and Syracuse, oh and Virginia wasn't exactly a dominating performance. Man, I know what I saw last year. We were darn lucky to be 10-0, and if we keep relying on luck, it won't always be there.

Just looking at the statistical numbers these QBs put up malik Rosier outperformed all of them outside of competition percentage and the ints.

Stats don’t lie but they can be misleading. If Malik played QB at NC State, Syracuse or VT last season what would his stats look like? You give Dungey, Finley or even Jackson the talent Malik has around him and the statistical numbers look far different.

I like Dungey alot. We beat the living **** out of him & he kept coming back for more.

Did not almost lose 5? Well, we lost 3 and needed miracles to beat GT and FSU. There's 5 if those two go the other way. You throw squeekers in against UNC and Syracuse, oh and Virginia wasn't exactly a dominating performance. Man, I know what I saw last year. We were darn lucky to be 10-0, and if we keep relying on luck, it won't always be there.
You still don't understand simple math. Those Miracles against GT and FSU? Had they gone the other way, we never lose to Clemson because we never get to the ACCCG. 4 losses is the absolute most we would have had last season. We beat Virginia by 16 and Syracuse, who had just beaten Clemson, by 8. Not dominating, but not really what you call a near loss. And had Homer not fumbled on our final possession against UNC, that game isn't within a single possession.

We could have been 8-4 or 9-4, but we were 10-3.

Advertisement
Back