Thoughts & Prayers for Shaq Barrett and His Family Today Please

Peruche

Sophomore
Premium

2-year-old daughter of Bucs linebacker Shaquil Barrett drowns in family pool​

Efforts to revive the child at Barrett’s South Tampa home were unsuccessful.

1ea0a9736678a397b4746b632e374ebf

Link: https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2023/04/30/shaquil-barrett-bucs-child-drowning-south-tampa/

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
Wow! That's horrible. Absolutely heartbreaking. I think about my 3 year old being around my pool everyday. I've taking precautions and more precautions, but even then, things can still happen. Prayers for that family, man. ****. that hurts. I can't even begin to know how he feels this morning. I ask for God to give him strength.

Advertisement
One of my first memories is of being just shy of my 4th birthday and thinking that I could walk across a covered pool at a relative's house during an anniversary party. Well that hypothesis didn't stand up to testing and I immediately ended up not only in the water of the deep end but actually under the cover. Adults everywhere and not a single one noticed aside from my mother that just happened to be looking outside from a kitchen window. She ran from there and jumped in fully clothed and pulled Lil Tad from an early demise.

Sooooo....these things can obviously happen in a blink of an eye and must be unfathomably horrible when they don't end like my little escapade.

Advertisement
Wow! That's horrible. Absolutely heartbreaking. I think about my 3 year old being around my pool everyday. I've taking precautions and more precautions, but even then, things can still happen. Prayers for that family, man. ****. that hurts. I can't even begin to know how he feels this morning. I ask for God to give him strength.
man do the possible/impossible to get the kid in swimming classes… trust me it is the best investment you can make

man do the possible/impossible to get the kid in swimming classes… trust me it is the best investment you can make
Did ISR training with my almost 3 yr old and have my 7-month-old in classes now. At minimum it helps build your kids instinct for survival and gives them a reflex like behavior to float in the pool. I would recommend to any parent that has a pool and young children.

Advertisement
I can't even begin to put into words how heartbreakingly tragic this is. I pray for the Barrett family. Losing a child is the most excruciating pain imaginable and I can't comprehend the emotional **** that the family must be going through. No parent should ever have to experience anything like this and it literally breaks my heart just hearing about it.

Advertisement
Nobody ever said it was fair, but life just isn't. Nobody deserves to go through what him and his family are going through right now. That's downright heartbreaking as a parent.

Been there. Basically, if there’s a pool, don’t let them out of your sight. Ever.

Advertisement
Back