Thoughts on the 2 weeks off?.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you handline them with a Cuban yoyo or rod and reel?
Hilarious but legitimate question. Even using a rod for yellow tail im hybrid style . i keep the bail open with my finger in the line near the reel. Then i dont click the reel until i set the hook with a good tug of the line.

Yeah I was looking at the wind finder app and it’s howling this Saturday. May be able to get out Sunday afternoon
Hit the creeks on the bayside in Key Largo. All the Mangrove Snapper you want. Doosenbury and Grouper Creeks are my go to. I limit out everytime I'm out there. Don't have to worry about sharks ether. A Cuda might terrorize ya from time to time but that's nothing a wire leader can't take care of.

Go Canes!!!!

Last edited:
I’ve said this a lot this year but coming off of this 2 week fiasco will tell me a lot about diaz and staff. We come out guns blazing I will inch closer to the idea that we are turning the corner under diaz. I know it’s tough with football ops shut down for however long but it would be nice to see a focused football team against wake.... who is a very focused/disciplined program

I’ve said this a lot this year but coming off of this 2 week fiasco will tell me a lot about diaz and staff. We come out guns blazing I will inch closer to the idea that we are turning the corner under diaz. I know it’s tough with football ops shut down for however long but it would be nice to see a focused football team against wake.... who is a very focused/disciplined program

Whst if we just win?

Advertisement
How will it affect us? Does it kill momentum? Affects on timing, rhythm, ect.? How could it benefit us? I’m worried it may cost us a loss or two. Let’s here what you think.
I'm not sure we had a ton of momentum going into this. We barely won the last two games. I think this is a much needed break if you ask me. If we kept playing we most likely were looking at 1 or two losses coming up.

Hit the creeks on the bayside in Key Largo. All the Mangrove Snapper you want. Doosenbury and Grouper Creeks are my go to. I limit out everytime I'm out there. Don't have to worry about sharks ether. A Cuda might terrorize ya from time to time but that's nothing a wire leader can't take care of.

Go Canes!!!!
**** that’s a nice one!

Just live shrimp and a J hook? Or do you use weight ?

Wake. Just find a way to win that game. That’s all I want right now. Study them, dream of them, prepare for them and find a way to defeat them.
Miami Hurricanes football in 2020...smh lol

Advertisement
How will it affect us? Does it kill momentum? Affects on timing, rhythm, ect.? How could it benefit us? I’m worried it may cost us a loss or two. Let’s here what you think.
Manny always has this team pumped and laser focused for a quick start after a bye week. What could go wrong?

Hilarious but legitimate question. Even using a rod for yellow tail im hybrid style . i keep the bail open with my finger in the line near the reel. Then i dont click the reel until i set the hook with a good tug of the line.
Cubans I've seen using the yoyo bring in more fish quicker but rod and reel is more fun for the fisherman.

Advertisement
We won't know until we play.

It would be great if we could practice during the time off but that's just not feasible.

It probably will affect the rhythm of the offense, but with the kind of tempo we play you can get back into a groove within a half of football. Where it will have the biggest impact is on Defense, particularly in the secondary.

Where it could possibly benefit us is getting guys healthy & getting some depth back, which is much needed.
(Especially on the OL)

But ultimately, we'll just have to wait & see.
Personally, I'm sure we can all agree, two weeks of not being mad at the TV is good for health or mental health. Every game is a nail biter and it would be nice to get a sizeable lead so we could see Perry/TVD/Matocha get reps. However, as play resumes we should be excited and worried. We may need to score 50 against Wake and UNC to end the year strong. Hopefully the defense is watching a lot of tape on Wake and UNC.

**** that’s a nice one!

Just live shrimp and a J hook? Or do you use weight ?
I use a simple rig.
20lb test mono. 12 inch mono leader with a 1 to 2 ounce sinker depending on the current an a 2/0 hook and a #2 swivel.

My go to bait is cut Thread Herring. Head, body, tail.The Snapper can't resist that bait. If the Shrimp are running, the Snapper won't eat because their belly is full of shrimp. That's when you grab the net and work the creeks at night for shrimp and Blue Crabs. You can easily fill up a 5 gallon bucket of each in about 4 or 5 hours.

I've been fishing those 2 creeks for almost 50 years now. Never gets old.

Go Canes!!

Why do you do this to yourselves?
We have seen how prepared Diaz is after bye weeks.... why should this be any different?

Advertisement
Back