Thoughts on spring practice #2

Advertisement
Really really hope they bring in a Post Spring CB.
I think they have to and they know it. We are an injury or two away from giving CIS their wet dream and switching Robby or CWH to CB. There were some for the taking in the last portal opening, unsure if that was Addae recruiting or what but hopefully Chevis is backchanneling his *** off.

Advertisement
Starting to see it come to fruition.

View attachment 284029
CC6AA259-E840-4882-A2F5-5A6FFB1A8898.jpeg

✅✅✅

Advertisement
Really really hope they bring in a Post Spring CB.

I think they will. If we can get quality play from CB1-3 and avoid the injury bug (we have to eventually, right?) I don’t think we have any GLARING holes or deficiencies. Quality coaching should result in a nice season.

Hopefully he sees this as his money year... as a TF he 100% had that chip on his shoulder as a lower ranked kid, last year I think he got some NIL bucks, reshaped body, and hanging out in Miami I think had him with a lil too much sunshine, he was not bad and he did not regress, but he didnt take as big of a jump. Perhaps it was partially due to playing next to a TF RT but I expect bigger things from him in year 3

Hopefully he sees this as his money year... as a TF he 100% had that chip on his shoulder as a lower ranked kid, last year I think he got some NIL bucks, reshaped body, and hanging out in Miami I think had him with a lil too much sunshine, he was not bad and he did not regress, but he didnt take as big of a jump. Perhaps it was partially due to playing next to a TF RT but I expect bigger things from him in year 3
I’ve heard nothing but good things. Expecting him to be all conference.

Advertisement
I’ve heard nothing but good things. Expecting him to be all conference.
Great to hear and I am in no way bashing the kid just saying some stuff I heard from people who apparently know more than me was he was not ******* up per se but also was not living and breathing football as is usually required to be great and get to the NFL.

Great to hear and I am in no way bashing the kid just saying some stuff I heard from people who apparently know more than me was he was not ******* up per se but also was not living and breathing football as is usually required to be great and get to the NFL.
I heard that too. Seems like a 180 in that sense. Think Mario has made it very clear this could be his career after school. You can see the dividends paying off physically.

Advertisement
X can catch, we have some guys that were good in high school, and the QB room is better (it oughtta be, they paid for it.) We’re also 3 months from losing 4 of 5 down the stretch including a bowl loss to Rutgers, so there’s that.

He could be, but he doesn't want to.
He played some CB last season.

Didn't he play both directions at the Allstar game, too? I vaguely recall that. ... Kid is too good catching balls though... Wheatley-Humphrey on the other hand. That's someone I wouldn't mind making the flip. He's too much of a tweener at RB or WR as of now, and I think we're going to recruit over and around him.

X can catch, we have some guys that were good in high school, and the QB room is better (it oughtta be, they paid for it.) We’re also 3 months from losing 4 of 5 down the stretch including a bowl loss to Rutgers, so there’s that.
Lost 4 of last 5 but realistically the season as a whole felt different than previous years.
First season in a long time where Miami was actually in every game they played.

- Miami had a lead in EVERY game in 2023.
- Miami had a lead in 12 of the 13 games in 2H.

- 6 losses by a combined 48 points.

Advertisement
Back