Thoughts on spring practice #1

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

DMoney was in attendance for the opening of spring practice and went into detail with his observations on the March 5th edition of the CanesInSight Podcast. Predictably, the first topic was star transfer QB Cam Ward.

“Cam Ward, he can sling it.” DMoney said. “I mean, the guy is as advertised as a passer. He was throwing it beautifully all day. What you saw on the Washington State film was his ability to throw those 50-50 balls, where it looks like the guy's covered, but...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
OP writing in 3rd person tells me we winning 16 this year. Do not @ me.
IMG_3400.gif

IMG_3401.gif

Coming into spring

Bullish:
QB room
TE production
LB room
WRs
OL depth

Bearish:
Safeties
DTs
CBs
RBs
Front 4 pass rush

Advertisement
@DMoney

I remember last year you spoke very highly of Robert Stafford. I believe you said that the staff was very impressed and extremely high on him. I believe you also said that Stafford was among the very best athletes on the squad. Are you still high on him? Has anything changed from last year in terms of the staff being high on him?

@DMoney

I remember last year you spoke very highly of Robert Stafford. I believe you said that the staff was very impressed and extremely high on him. I believe you also said that Stafford was among the very best athletes on the squad. Are you still high on him? Has anything changed from last year in terms of the staff being high on him?
Stafford was out there getting a bunch of reps. Big spring for him. I don’t think the expectations have changed. He has talent.

Advertisement
Coming into spring

Bullish:
QB room
TE production
LB room
WRs
OL depth

Bearish:
Safeties
DTs
CBs
RBs
Front 4 pass rush
You bullish on te production compared to last year or just in general? Cause if the former I agree. If the latter No way lol

I’d also say I’m bullish on the cbs. At least the top 3. And I’m hopeful Chevis will get Stafford up to par. It’s the depth I’m bearish on. No injuries and I think we are good. If we get injuries it could be bad.

Front 4 pass rush is going to be 5x better than last season.

You bullish on te production compared to last year or just in general? Cause if the former I agree. If the latter No way lol

I’d also say I’m bullish on the cbs. At least the top 3. And I’m hopeful Chevis will get Stafford up to par. It’s the depth I’m bearish on. No injuries and I think we are good. If we get injuries it could be bad.

Front 4 pass rush is going to be 5x better than last season.
Disagree on OL depth, they don't even have a 2nd player who can snap a football.

There's a backup OT who hasn't played in a game, McCoy has played more TE than OL in games, and you lost Lee and Cohen.

Disagree on OL depth, they don't even have a 2nd player who can snap a football.

There's a backup OT who hasn't played in a game, McCoy has played more TE than OL in games, and you lost Lee and Cohen.

You need your morning coffee. Rivers is the backup center and he played it fine. I'm sure Tripp could step in if truly needed, too. Both McCoy and Samson played enough and got enough praise from coaches for us to feel more than comfortable they can step in without a significant drop-off. And that's not even considering Kinlser, Bell and Chris Washington (though he's so deep on the depth chart now he may hit the portal). Our OL is very deep.

Ny Carr will get National attention before leaving Miami, all conference type of player. I see him being our most productive WR after X leave.

Advertisement
Back