Thoughts on Jacurri

Can tell he will keep getting better I just dont believe in our development or scheme. He doesn't fit what Miami needs.
Another guy the program put on field wayyy too early and that bad taste because of the coaching now has poisoned the fans expectations, kinda alike flagg.. Kid is right on schedule for what we KNEW when we recruited him

Advertisement
X and Horton made some great catches, otherwise his numbers were worse. He throws a solid deep ball but his short pass are a nightmare.

@SWFLHurricane probably noticed but there was only two games after a&m when I felt like this team when hyped and full of energy and it was the games when emory started, Clemson and fsu.

JB seems like a good kid, I hope whether its here or somewhere else he does well.

Another guy the program put on field wayyy too early and that bad taste because of the coaching now has poisoned the fans expectations, kinda alike flagg.. Kid is right on schedule for what we KNEW when we recruited him
Mario isn't exactly a good coach that would make the right decision.

Advertisement
Love the kid, but he should really think about moving to WR/TE or go to a BCU/FAMU type program if he really wants to remain at QB.

He isn’t a good QB.

Does he have talent? That’s for dam sure, seems to have a strong arm, but he just isn’t good at throwing it consistently.

It is what it is.

So after seeing him in the bowl game, what do the analysts on CIS think of this guy? Is he a future stud or a dud? Not a troll post. Sincerely interested in hearing what you guys think because I was super impressed with him as a recruit…thanks
He needs to find a team better suited for his style. He should not be starting for UM is my honest opinion. Great kid though!

We really never got to see what Emory can do. First game he got no reps that week and the playbook was cut way back. 2nd game going into tally was a tough ask. He’s going to be a really nice QB for some team before he is done.

So after seeing him in the bowl game, what do the analysts on CIS think of this guy? Is he a future stud or a dud? Not a troll post. Sincerely interested in hearing what you guys think because I was super impressed with him as a recruit…thanks

Would love to see @P-Tizzle take…

Advertisement
Would love to see @P-Tizzle take…
Strong arm. Ball placement [pause] issues. His first pass of the game was a laser to George, but since George decided to play like a *****, he didn't haul it in. The TD throw to X was beautiful (he was off balance too when he threw it). He put together three great drives in a row to get Miami the lead. But beginning with the 2nd drive of the 2nd half, he was cooked. He's not a starter on a 8 win power 5 team. But hey, when Dawson leaves (according to you it should be like really soon) maybe another OC can get more out of him.

I kinda feel like you guys. My hope is what keeps me interested in Brown. Results haven’t been outstanding I guess

Big time arm. Accuracy is good, not great. Ball placement needs work. Had several throws that he hit his man but was off target just enough to prevent YAC or a clean catch. Threw with better touch than expected. Decision making looked good overall, but felt like more by design than actually reading and reacting.

The passing game is too limited with him at QB.

And yes he hasn’t started a ton of games, but he’s been in the program for two years now and still shows minimal ability to be a good passer.

Advertisement
No idea what to think. Obviously talented. Is he good? Hard to tell with this coaching staff.

He should transfer. I want him to stay but he'd be stupid too unless we don't get a portal guy.

Next year we'll all be saying he's been here for 3 years and still can't get it together. His first major mistake and we'll all be saying he's too old and ain't it.

Basically we're the hot girl and he's the dumb "friend." We're giving him all the signals we want him to stay but we're still shopping around for what we want. "Stay don't go." But we'll never put out.

I think he will make a great backup for 25 and 26 if he still has eligibility. Talent should be stacked by then.

Advertisement
Might as well post this in here for others.. He has talent, for a guy who hasnt taken a live snap in over a year I think he played decent, which is what I expected from a high upside talent coming out of high school, I am sure I posted multiple time we KNEW he was a project with high upside, he came to Miami with idea he would SIT behind TWO QBs and be developed by a coach who believed in him and had a scheme that had versatility for his skills in Lashlee.

He had MULTIPLE interviews his freshman year that showed he was self aware that he needed time to marinate and had RIGHT attitude towards that, I said he needed a redshirt and the earliest we should have ANY expectations was late redshirt freshman year to beginning of 3rd year. He is on schedule. the problem is QB room went to ****, Lashlee bounce, and unnecessary pressure was put on his development like MANY other players in this program. He should go to a team where HC has style of offense that fits his skills AND believes and has track record of development.

i was at the game, felt like he played very solidly other than that interception

certainly not perfect but i think he played well enough to give hope for his future. I do feel strongly after seeing his command of the offense and some of those throws, that he is currently a better option than emory

athletic, talented, not very good at playing QB. very poor pocket sense for someone with his talents- saw him run himself right into pressure numerous times. accuracy and ability to read the defense aren’t where they need to be. shouldn’t be starting for a P5 program right now and it’s a roll of the dice as to whether he gets to that level.

Call me old, senile, and whatever other term you can come with but last I checked, a QB has to be able to throw the ball accurately from time to time…we can all fall in love with the athlete but that is not going to lead us to promise land. This kid is a project at best.

He’s been here three years and looks like he barely improved.

Some guys get thrown into some sort of fantasy world which really is only perpetual potential. This happens because some people see other big/fast guys with some arm talent have major success. I think Jacurri is unfairly being lumped in with such players

I would love if he stayed here as a backup only but I don’t think we can win more than 7 games or so with him as a permanent starter unless we have the 91 defense and 2000 offensive line and skill players to go with him.

Advertisement
Back