Thoughts on Friday's spring practice

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks, just cleaned it up. Was running out the door to Canes baseball game and wanted to make sure it got out.

💯🫡

Season 2 Ghost GIF by Power

Advertisement
Cam is currently working with sheduer sanders in our indoor practice field . Putting in that work đź‘€
Crazy but true, in just 12 games last year this is where Cam’s 2023 stats would’ve ranked for UM history.

#1 single season passing yards
#1 single season total yards
#1 single season total TDs
#1 single season YPG

Deion used to work out at Miami. These guys are clearly friends. We don't play Colorado. So if it motivates Cam to get better, why not? Besides, even if you dislike the father, that kid has stood tall and taken more hits than Ali vs Foreman (well, not really, but you get my point, son is tough).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crazy but true, in just 12 games last year this is where Cam’s 2023 stats would’ve ranked for UM history.

#1 single season passing yards
#1 single season total yards
#1 single season total TDs
#1 single season YPG

His production was insane. A little off topic, but I've wondered if it's true that a clean pocket will always help a mobile QB like Cam? Does the sandlot football feel of playing at WSU or Incarnate Word actually help him in some way?

Put another way, I am wondering if there's any need for Dawson to schemes up ways to let Cam be more free and loose back there? I don't know enough about the air raid to know if you can work it well out of a moving pocket, but something to create more QB motion to make him feel more natural. Or am I hallucinating?

His production was insane. A little off topic, but I've wondered if it's true that a clean pocket will always help a mobile QB like Cam? Does the sandlot football feel of playing at WSU or Incarnate Word actually help him in some way?

Put another way, I am wondering if there's any need for Dawson to schemes up ways to let Cam be more free and loose back there? I don't know enough about the air raid to know if you can work it well out of a moving pocket, but something to create more QB motion to make him feel more natural. Or am I hallucinating?
Those “sandlot” style plays were out of necessity rather than want. There’s a misconception that Cam wants to run around, it’s not true.

He’s been one of the best QBs in CFB with a clean pocket last two seasons, in fact when the pocket collapses and he’s pressured his accuracy falls about 15%. He thrives off pre-snap reads, and performs very well against the blitz due to his zip and confidence.

I can say with ease, canes haven’t had a QB who believes in their abilities like Cam does since Berlin- there’s ZERO hesitation when he sees what he likes.

Advertisement
Yep. I've been saying for several years now that we'll see a good season again when someone breaks the UM record for TDs by a QB. Seriously, our QB record book looks pretty pathetic, compared to most schools. For a school once known as QBU, our record book looks very, very pedestrian. Pathetic, actually.
That pretty much says it all.

**** Teddy. I'll never forget the unnecessary disrespect in the bowl game.
Yeah, I remember he took unnecessary shots at us in that game. It's funny how some athletes are allowed to "emote" in a game and then we're supposed to just give them a pass and accept them because it's convenient for them now. Is Teddy bringing us value or something by being around? If not, he can troddle on. We don't need people who publicly disrespect us just hanging around the program.

Advertisement
Back