Thoughts on CMD

What’s up y’all. First time poster. Seeing Manny as a DC over the years it was my assumption that he was a no nonsense, no BS coach. I figured as HC he would be a hard ***. I was actually looking forward to that. I don’t mean be a d*ck all the time but a little accountability towards the players would be good to see. Thoughts?

What do you call accountability? Pulling a player for lack of production? You mean like all 3 of our quarterbacks?

Advertisement
What do you call accountability? Pulling a player for lack of production? You mean like all 3 of our quarterbacks?
Apparently we’ve got some level of accountability on CiS today :pgdead:

Cane440 will come stronger next time, and some fools will try to duplicate him in hopes that Inday will build a scouting report for them

Hope he succeeds, I dont Want to see another bad season🤷🏾‍♂ For our canes personally. I do Like what he’s doing in most aspects of the program/recruiting which I didnt Think he had it in him

What’s up y’all. First time poster. Seeing Manny as a DC over the years it was my assumption that he was a no nonsense, no BS coach. I figured as HC he would be a hard ***. I was actually looking forward to that. I don’t mean be a d*ck all the time but a little accountability towards the players would be good to see. Thoughts?

First, let me personally congratulate you on your first post. Now on to Manny - I have no doubt that CMD is going to turn around this program. Culture doesn't get fixed instantly and the fans have largely not been fair to Manny. This year I expect Manny to expand upon last year's success by getting us to the ACC Championship game. Unforteunly most fans are not realistic and think the expectations should be championship or bust but it takes time to build a championship and we need to give Coach Manny Diaz his time.

Advertisement
First, let me personally congratulate you on your first post. Now on to Manny - I have no doubt that CMD is going to turn around this program. Culture doesn't get fixed instantly and the fans have largely not been fair to Manny. This year I expect Manny to expand upon last year's success by getting us to the ACC Championship game. Unforteunly most fans are not realistic and think the expectations should be championship or bust but it takes time to build a championship and we need to give Coach Manny Diaz his time.
Thank you. I totally agree on giving Manny more time. I’m very optimistic about this season. I understand culture isn’t fixed overnight. The thing I found strange was Manny’s intensity or lack there of during games. It’s just something I noticed has simmered down since taking over as HC. Something that worries me is the bad losses. Those games weren’t close except VT. I don’t care how checked out our team is we should destroy FIU’s based on talent alone but that’s another subject. Lol

Prior to last season. I made a thread about the things I was most interested in seeing with a first year head coach.

Things like:
- Situational play calls.
- Use of timeouts.
- Understanding how to work the clock.
- Seeing whether or not the players come to play for him and respect him.
- Seeing how he responds to adversity.

I feel like he failed massively at each.

However, unlike past regimes he sees a problem and goes to fix it.

He has done it with his coaching staff and working the transfer portal in two straight offseasons.

Stepped into the office and fired Richts entire offense.

Fired our offensive staff after 2019.

I gotta give him credit for that.

We got screwed by the refs and/or unforced errors on so many occasions when we had the PERFECT play called. I posted the example of the fake FG against uf. That would have won us the game had it not been for that BULL**** holding call on Mallory.

I think Manny's clock management was adequate. I don't remember us having to battle the clock due to mismanagement. When we lost, we lost because our offense and/or special teams just failed us.

"This year I expect Manny to expand upon last year's success by getting us to the ACC Championship game."

What success?

Crack is wack

Advertisement
I think Cane 440’s real test will be in if he can use their and there and where and wear in the proper context.

If he can do that he will be ahead of 60% of CIS posters...🤣

What I’m convinced started as an Androol troll on a slurper angle may turn out to look like restrained, intelligent foresight if we win the CoRstal. Unreal.

What I’m convinced started as an Androol troll on a slurper angle may turn out to look like restrained, intelligent foresight if we win the CoRstal. Unreal.

You mean you don't believe in CMD?

Advertisement
Who the fvck is CMD?
14531RUNCMDShirtvorne.jpg

Advertisement
Expectation was not to lose to high school teams, one of them being a newly installed offense getting acquainted with the groundbreaking forward pass concept.

Serious fans didn't expect ACCCG or even ACCCD title, but by any measure, Manuela's Y1 as HC was disastrous. So much so that he, in utter desperation, has brought in a new de facto HC in Lashlee.

Advertisement
Back