Thoughts on CMD

Advertisement
FROM THE PERCH - Cane440

What‘s up guys it’s your boy Ro’, OG member of the Orange Bowl Boys and current contributor to TheStateoftheU, ex-CIS steady (still love ya D$) here to take a look at the latest Eye of the Storm commit in the 2020 class: Cane440

Overview
Cane440, or “DrankA40” as he’s come to be known, is a consensus 2* on CIS, SOTU and the CanesFam Composite. While this may concern other posters it is most likely due to the fact that he hasn't posted in eight years (WOW) and smells like something that rolled out of an ‘83 Monte Carlo that was sunk off Key West.

But we all know that Ed Reed himself, the greatest safety in Miami history, was in fact a 2*. With that being said let’s roll the tape!

Strengths(?)
Despite a fairly pedestrian name, Cane440 comes out firing — right out of the gate. His first post in CIS history was not just your average Julian DeRosier joke in a grad transfer thread — oh no, Mr. DrankA40 started his career off by starting an entire thread dedicated to announcing his own arrival.

In some cases some people might find some behavior like this somewhat unprofessional. But this is your boy Ro’ and you know I am aaalll about being unprofessional, heheh. I give Cane440 a high 3* rating on his intangibles and eagerly await his 5th post, which I expect to be starting an entirely new forum dedicated to his love of Magnum, American Malt Liquor.

Weaknesses
Alright, alright, I can hear the CIS birdies chirping at me, “Ro’, you’re such a homer-fan boy! High 3* for a poorly worded paragraph that included the acronym ‘CMD’ in the TITLE?!” And fine, if I had to criticize my little big bottle of booze, it would be to say that we do not under any circumstances abbreviate our coaches names. Not CMR, not CMD, not even CHS, heheh.

On top of that, as a member of the CIA I find the poor use of a surprise attack by this beautiful glass cauldron of gold to be very disappointing. Cane440 could have cemented himself as a legend right out of the gate by simply doing a video breakdown of COVID testing sites in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area — and trust me, that high 3* grade goes to a FIVE.

Instead we see sloppy fingerwork and a hesitancy in his release, which results in a late pass over the middle, picked off by yours truly, OG OBB member and your boy, Ro-Ro UR Boat.

Conclusion
Fortunately for Cane440 he will get plenty of time on the bench before his number is called. The roster at CIS isn’t very deep (still love you D$!), but there are a few hundred posts on Deep State Democrats and the onus of reparations patiently waiting their turn ahead of him.

Maybe one day we’ll all look back on this poster and be amazed at what he’s become. Or maybe he’ll just start making YouTube videos like your boy, Ro’.

Peace!

I don't understand why everyone's giving him such a hard time.

These are the kind of pressing questions that no one else is asking around here.
I think Manny wants to get there but also can't really bust heads because who is he going to play? Tate? (I'm looking at you jw15)

Maybe with some depth this year all those 'Miami standard' threats we've been hearing funday get some teeth.

If not, they're still making Scotch and it's still delicious
I agree I have faith in Manny. I just did not see the body language and passion he showed
I don't understand why everyone's giving him such a hard time.

These are the kind of pressing questions that no one else is asking around here.
Lol thanks I don’t mind the hard time. Honestly I’m not trying to troll or stir up any crap. As corny as it sounds his body language is what concerned me the most. I just figured he’d be the “in your face” type of coach. That’s all.

FROM THE PERCH - Cane440

What‘s up guys it’s your boy Ro’, OG member of the Orange Bowl Boys and current contributor to TheStateoftheU, ex-CIS steady (still love ya D$) here to take a look at the latest Eye of the Storm commit in the 2020 class: Cane440

Overview
Cane440, or “DrankA40” as he’s come to be known, is a consensus 2* on CIS, SOTU and the CanesFam Composite. While this may concern other posters it is most likely due to the fact that he hasn't posted in eight years (WOW) and smells like something that rolled out of an ‘83 Monte Carlo that was sunk off Key West.

But we all know that Ed Reed himself, the greatest safety in Miami history, was in fact a 2*. With that being said let’s roll the tape!

Strengths(?)
Despite a fairly pedestrian name, Cane440 comes out firing — right out of the gate. His first post in CIS history was not just your average Julian DeRosier joke in a grad transfer thread — oh no, Mr. DrankA40 started his career off by starting an entire thread dedicated to announcing his own arrival.

In some cases some people might find some behavior like this somewhat unprofessional. But this is your boy Ro’ and you know I am aaalll about being unprofessional, heheh. I give Cane440 a high 3* rating on his intangibles and eagerly await his 5th post, which I expect to be starting an entirely new forum dedicated to his love of Magnum, American Malt Liquor.

Weaknesses
Alright, alright, I can hear the CIS birdies chirping at me, “Ro’, you’re such a homer-fan boy! High 3* for a poorly worded paragraph that included the acronym ‘CMD’ in the TITLE?!” And fine, if I had to criticize my little big bottle of booze, it would be to say that we do not under any circumstances abbreviate our coaches names. Not CMR, not CMD, not even CHS, heheh.

On top of that, as a member of the CIA I find the poor use of a surprise attack by this beautiful glass cauldron of gold to be very disappointing. Cane440 could have cemented himself as a legend right out of the gate by simply doing a video breakdown of COVID testing sites in the greater Ft. Lauderdale area — and trust me, that high 3* grade goes to a FIVE.

Instead we see sloppy fingerwork and a hesitancy in his release, which results in a late pass over the middle, picked off by yours truly, OG OBB member and your boy, Ro-Ro UR Boat.

Conclusion
Fortunately for Cane440 he will get plenty of time on the bench before his number is called. The roster at CIS isn’t very deep (still love you D$!), but there are a few hundred posts on Deep State Democrats and the onus of reparations patiently waiting their turn ahead of him.

Maybe one day we’ll all look back on this poster and be amazed at what he’s become. Or maybe he’ll just start making YouTube videos like your boy, Ro’.

Peace!
😂😂😂 thank you for the Ed Reed comparison but I’m more of a Ray Lewis III I’m just happy to be here.

Advertisement
FROM THE PERCH - Cane440

Overview

Strengths(?)

Weaknesses

Conclusion

Peace!
You need to be on a ballot somewhere. I don't care where or for what.

You still suck for warning me once, even though I kinda deserved it.

Advertisement
Prior to last season. I made a thread about the things I was most interested in seeing with a first year head coach.

Things like:
- Situational play calls.
- Use of timeouts.
- Understanding how to work the clock.
- Seeing whether or not the players come to play for him and respect him.
- Seeing how he responds to adversity.

I feel like he failed massively at each.

However, unlike past regimes he sees a problem and goes to fix it.

He has done it with his coaching staff and working the transfer portal in two straight offseasons.

Stepped into the office and fired Richts entire offense.

Fired our offensive staff after 2019.

I gotta give him credit for that.

Prior to last season. I made a thread about the things I was most interested in seeing with a first year head coach.

Things like:
- Situational play calls.
- Use of timeouts.
- Understanding how to work the clock.
- Seeing whether or not the players come to play for him and respect him.
- Seeing how he responds to adversity.

I feel like he failed massively at each.

However, unlike past regimes he sees a problem and goes to fix it.

He has done it with his coaching staff and working the transfer portal in two straight offseasons.

Stepped into the office and fired Richts entire offense.

Fired our offensive staff after 2019.

I gotta give him credit for that.
I agree there was more bad than good. On the bright side he has a better team now and a cake schedule to gain experience. I love the depth he’s building especially on the lines.

Advertisement
FROM THE PERCH - Cane440

Overview

Strengths(?)

Weaknesses

Conclusion

Peace!
👆 wins CIS today.

Advertisement
I’m ashamed to say I’m sober. Lol do you remember your fist time? How was it?
I suspect when you fist, it is a memorable experience not quickly forgotten.

I'm sure several here have real world experience [receiving] and will confirm.
85204.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back