Thoughts on CMD

If Manny fails, he’ll say he was trolling. If Manny succeeds, he’ll say he was serious.

Correct, but he’s still trolling, either way.

I don’t believe for one second he actually has confidence in Manny, he’s just playing.

The reasonable opinion on Manny is that he has failed miserably as a leader. He has zero read on the mood or pulse on his team, as evidenced by their performances versus teams like FIU and his surprise after these performance. Good coaches get a sense prior to the games where their team is at, and adjust accordingly prior to the game. He has no clue.

Also damning is the fact that his teams do worse the longer they have to prepare.

Is it possible that he can turn it around, that he can become an effective and perceptive leader of his team? Yes. But unfortunately, what I sense about Manny, is that he is too eager to please and be popular with the troops, but not willing to put his foot down and have them fear him when necessary.

Now, if he realizes this about himself, and does an about face, maybe he could be successful not just this year, but in the future. But he’s going to have to completely change the way he approaches things.

Right now, he’s too eager to explain things, too eager to prove he’s the smartest guy in the room. People with little confidence, have a tendency to over-explain. Watch and listen to Manny in his interviews. Listen to how often he over-explains. And goes into incredible detail. Good leaders are confident, they don’t need to explain every little thing.

But we shall see, I hope he succeeds.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What’s up y’all. First time poster. Seeing Manny as a DC over the years it was my assumption that he was a no nonsense, no BS coach. I figured as HC he would be a hard ***. I was actually looking forward to that. I don’t mean be a d*ck all the time but a little accountability towards the players would be good to see. Thoughts?

Welcome, friend . . . Enjoy the water . . .

What’s up y’all. First time poster. Seeing Manny as a DC over the years it was my assumption that he was a no nonsense, no BS coach. I figured as HC he would be a hard ***. I was actually looking forward to that. I don’t mean be a d*ck all the time but a little accountability towards the players would be good to see. Thoughts?

My thoughts are that Diaz is the worst coach in Miami history, but most of the fanbase will be slurping him until mid season 2022.

In 8 years how many posts did you delete waiting for the moment when you knew without a shadow of a doubt, THIS was the one.

The OP is probably Manny Diaz. He probably thought he was about to be fired from Texas, and he was creating this account in hopes that he could convince the Miami fanbase that we should hire him as DC. As it turned out, Diaz didn’t get ****canned as Texas DC until 2 or 3 games into 2013, after allowing 10,000 rushing yards to the BYU QB.

Advertisement
About 75% of the fanbase is slurping Diaz and talking about how great his offseason moves are. Have you been reading this website?

Nope. I don’t see 75% at all. No one can deny that he’s made some excellent roster additions, which is why the pressure is actually even worse for him.

Winning the off-season is one thing, and he’s done that this season through the transfer portal. For that he has to be given credit, because without the moves he’s made, he basically stood no chance in 2020.

But that’s still a far cry from winning during the regular season.

Most people are not slurping him, most people are like, “you better win big in 2020 or your *** is gone“.

I know that’s how I am. Less than 10 regular season wins, in my opinion, is a fireable offense.

So no, I’m not seeing any slurping, and I’m sure not projecting any slurping in 2022, unless he wins big this year, and next year, and starts off winning in 2022.

He will NOT be here in 2022 unless he’s winning in the 10 game range over the next two years. Not too many will people stand for less than that.

Nope. I don’t see 75% at all. No one can deny and he’s made some good roster additions, which is why the pressure is actually even worse for him.

Winning the off-season is one thing, and he’s done that this season through the transfer portal. For that he has to be given credit, because without the moves he’s made, he basically stood no chance in 2020.

Most people are not slurping him, most people are like, “you better win big in 2020 or your *** is gone“.

I know that’s how I am. Less than 10 regular season wins, in my opinion, is a fireable offense.

So no, I’m not seeing any slurping, and I’m sure not projecting any slurping in 2022, unless he win ps big this year, next year and starts off winning in 2022

He’s set the bar low, so something like 8-5 this year will be seen as an improvement. We already saw that with Golden and Shannon.

2021 will be seen as a tough schedule by the fanbase just because we’re playing Alabama, so there’s another excused year.

People will be convinced every year that Diaz is making great offseason moves that’ll pay dividends the next year.

Last edited:
He’s set the bar low, so something like 8-5 this year will be seen as an improvement. We also saw that with Golden and Shannon.

2021 will be seen as a tough schedule by the fanbase just because we’re playing Alabama, so there’s another excused year.

People will be convinced every year that Diaz is making great offseason moves that’ll pay dividends the next year.

No. You’re wrong. You clearly have no clue about the pulse of the fanbase. Which makes me question whether you’re a troll.

Advertisement
No. You’re wrong. You clearly have no clue about the pulse of the fanbase. Which makes me question whether you’re a troll.

Have you read CIS for about the last 4 months? People were unhappy with Diaz in January, but they’ve become brainwashed by Diaz all over again.

I can almost guarantee that after next season is a disappointment, he’ll make some new offseason moves that most people get thrilled by.

Anyway, Manny slurper, I think the #1 sign of a Manny slurper is that they deny the existence of Manny slurpers.
I totally understand the disappoint with Manny last year. There was a lot of negative. But as long as he’s coaching our D will be stout. The offense was atrocious last year. Our O-line was historically bad. This spread offense and a running QB threat will disguise a bad O-Line on some plays. He’s getting praised for this offseason and that’s deserved. Although we can’t rely on the transfer portal every year. We have to recruit with the big boy’s to be relevant again.

Advertisement
Anyway, Manny slurper, I think the #1 sign of a Manny slurper is that they deny the existence of Manny slurpers.
983D2FFF-D2E1-47B7-9B47-E64E61F71662.gif

About 75% of the fanbase is slurping Diaz and talking about how great his offseason moves are. Have you been reading this website?
I'm one of those who have said you have to give a guy more than one year. If that's slurping, then 🤷‍♂️. You would have preferred he stand pat this offseason with Enos and Stroud? Said we have our quarterback, we don't need a transfer? I think for the season we just had, this recruiting class is pretty **** good. We win more and they get even better.

That being said anything less than 10 wins this season should show CMD the door.

Nope. I don’t see 75% at all. No one can deny that he’s made some excellent roster additions, which is why the pressure is actually even worse for him.

So no, I’m not seeing any slurping, and I’m sure not projecting any slurping in 2022, unless he wins big this year, and next year, and starts off winning in 2022.

He will NOT be here in 2022 unless he’s winning in the 10 game range over the next two years. Not too many will people stand for less than that.
Bolded right there, and I was in the "you've got to give a guy more than one year" camp.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back