2024 Thoughts on [Aaron Butler]

The reason I laugh is the coaches have made several recruitments so much harder than they need to be.
Is it pride on their part? Or a lack of belief when you convey their interest? I feel like you've brought a lot of recruits to their attention, and you've said this about Lagway a few times. You've also spoken multiple times about how this is the best in-person staff you've seen so it feels like there is a gap that needs to be filled or addressed in their operation

Advertisement
Even though Miami came a little late to the party in compared to some other schools, Butler said he understands it.

“Coach Cristobal was about to offer me when he was at Oregon but then he left for Miami,” Butler said. “When he got to Miami, he wanted to build his team around Florida players, especially the skill positions and I get that.

“After watching me more, he said they needed me up there so I’m excited to visit. He explained all this to me and really wants me to take an official visit too but I’m going to see how this unofficial visit goes and then we’ll go from there.”
smh.gif

Not what I wanted to hear but noted. I think you mentioned late last cycle that Mario was just starting to warm up to you? Why do you think they have made it harder or is this something you can’t/don’t want to expound on?
That might have been me actually. Mario Cristobal and I do not mix. But I’m from houston and all I do is talk how I feel lol

Advertisement
The reason I laugh is the coaches have made several recruitments so much harder than they need to be.
Is the change WR coaches part of the reason for the change here? Nonetheless still frustrating as **** to see this spelled out like this by a recruit.

Advertisement
Setups a cross country unofficial visit a week after getting offered after coming on his own dyme last year? Im going to go out on a limb and says he’s atleast moderately interested

I love this U too much but I have some stories about AB and others that would blow your mind and not in a good way... That being said the least of our worries is recruiting so I don't complain too much in public anyway. Just to @Cribby:)

I love this U too much but I have some stories about AB and others that would blow your mind and not in a good way... That being said the least of our worries is recruiting so I don't complain too much in public anyway. Just to @Cribby:)
Is this regarding a certain "oc" who shall not be named any longer and was WR coach at the time? Or does this also involve MC and others as well?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is this regarding a certain "oc" who shall not be named any longer and was WR coach at the time? Or does this also involve MC and others as well?

I have nothing negative to say about Mario and have never had a negative experience with him as far as recruiting goes. The way he uses time outs and selects assistant coaches is another story haha

I hope this is simply just a case of Mario trying to fix the Homefront first. Lord knows the damage that’s been done over the years

I’m not a Mario apologist but pretty clear it’s a monumental task and I also don’t think he’s really qualified to fix it but that’s another discussion

The more time that goes on hopefully the less leaks especially with recruiting

Is it pride on their part? Or a lack of belief when you convey their interest? I feel like you've brought a lot of recruits to their attention, and you've said this about Lagway a few times. You've also spoken multiple times about how this is the best in-person staff you've seen so it feels like there is a gap that needs to be filled or addressed in their operation

these guys recruit very well and for the most part don't need my help or anyone else's for that matter. But when I bring recruits it's because they have interest. Also I'm new to south Florida so getting to know the coaches and how the operate.

Sounds like we got our Cali connect reestablished....now we BADLY need our Texas connect.

KB appears to be on a Cali tour handing out offers

We do have a tracker on our progress in both TX and LA (areas where we've sadly neglected in the past). Both areas have experienced upticks in offers since both Guidry and Dawson have arrived.

Advertisement
Back