Thoughts from the Opening

"Tyson Campbell was taller and lankier than I expected. He may still be growing. He outran Xavier Williams on a go route and picked the ball off like it was intended for him."

Personally, I have never been totally sold on Xavier Williams..I question his long or deep speed..will be interesting to see his 40 when it comes out from the Nike Camp. I base this on his best 10th grade 100m time of 11.84 back in 2015. 11.84 may be OK for a freshman but 10th sophomore?

place 31 100m--11.84 PR... Feb 28... Southridge Spartan Invitational ..V P

Last edited:
Advertisement
Personally, I have never been totally sold on Xavier Williams..I question his long or deep speed..will be interesting to see his 40 when it comes out from the Nike Camp. I base this on his best 10th grade 100m time of 11.84 back in 2015. 11.84 may be OK for a freshman but 10th sophomore?

What do you think of Wiggins then?

Is Watt gone for sure? where does he play?

Hollywood Mcarthur. I dont know how hard their recruiting him if at all...biut he loaded up on the big time offers this past week. (uf, Orgeon,UGA, the rest of the sec save Bama).

He's a kid thats not going to flat out ..wow you..But he's a legit 6'2 190 with solid speed 4.6 and catches everything. There isnt 3 better wr's down here...plus he switches over to defense and just makes plays..had like 5 int's. That's my guy so im bias...but i like him better than alot of guys that get hyped up in here at wr. And he has beaten alot of the hyped up dbs on here on the camp circuit for years..as he did today.

That description sounds a lot like Allen Hurns.

His route execution is much better than Hurns. He turned in a 4.72 at the opening but gets his separation from footwork.

Hollywood Mcarthur. I dont know how hard their recruiting him if at all...biut he loaded up on the big time offers this past week. (uf, Orgeon,UGA, the rest of the sec save Bama).

He's a kid thats not going to flat out ..wow you..But he's a legit 6'2 190 with solid speed 4.6 and catches everything. There isnt 3 better wr's down here...plus he switches over to defense and just makes plays..had like 5 int's. That's my guy so im bias...but i like him better than alot of guys that get hyped up in here at wr. And he has beaten alot of the hyped up dbs on here on the camp circuit for years..as he did today.

he doesnt have the wiry frame as Hurns. Watt likely makes it about 200-to about 210pds with work. He's more physical than Hurns...but has that ability of getting open just like him

His route execution is much better than Hurns. He turned in a 4.72 at the opening but gets his separation from footwork.

didnt scratch his time either...thats his time as a sophomore...i would hope he can be around 4.65 right now. Which is faster than alot of guys on the TOP of our lisy who scratch their numbers at the camps or refuse to run the 40s

Advertisement
Tyson Campbell has national elite speed. Recently ran the 100m--10.91 against a 1.7 meters-per-second head wind that calculates to a 10.78--100m with no wind.

10.78 is same 100m time that Harley ran and a micro-second off the 10.77 of Henderson's 10.77 and Campbell has a year left in track. He is a true DB and can play the position no guess work on if he can or cannot.

Also remember that when the Opening tryouts came around last year he was not far removed from being cleared after dislocating his ankle against Hallandale. He didn't even participate in that or the track season last year. You'd have to imagine that his time would've been a few tenths faster had he not faced that setback. Kid's just scratching the surface of his potential...

Strictly using measurables and nothing else--

Wiggins as a freshman--

100m--- 11.89 PR… Feb 21, 2016… Louis Bing Classic--when he was at Killian High
Did not run as a 10th grader--

This year in first meet (Lou Bing)…100m - 11.54

100M.. Daquris Wiggins.. Miami Southridge HS… 11.54… -2.1 mps headwind (11.32 no wind)

Let's give him a chance and see. I look for times to be in the 11.0-11.1 range by end of the year…this may be wishful thinking but let's see. Plenty of speed for a tall fluid athlete.

One comparison is that his 100m as a true freshman (11.89) was about as fast as Williams (11.84) in 10th grade. Williams never ran again so no way to tell from tack what his exact speed is.

Wiggins is a taller WR.

At the Lou Bing this year Yasir Abdullah had an off day even running into the 1.8mps head wind

100…. Yasir Abdullah… Miami Carol City HS.. 11.41…. -1.8mps (11.26 no head wind)

He comes back a little later at the Southridge Spartan meet with 24 schools competing and electronic timing by a FSHAA contracted timers and runs a 10.78!

10.78…. Abdullah, Yasir…. Spartan Invitational…. 2017-02-25

Last edited:

Strictly using measurables and nothing else--

Wiggins as a freshman--

100m--- 11.89 PR… Feb 21, 2016… Louis Bing Classic--when he was at Killian High
Did not run as a 10th grader--

This year in first meet (Lou Bing)…100m - 11.54

100M.. Daquris Wiggins.. Miami Southridge HS… 11.54… -2.1 mps headwind (11.32 no wind)

Let's give him a chance and see. I look for times to be in the 11.0-11.1 range by end of the year…this may be wishful thinking but let's see. Plenty of speed for a tall fluid athlete.

One comparison is that his 100m as a true freshman (11.89) was about as fast as Williams (11.84) in 10th grade. Williams never ran again so no way to tell from tack what his exact speed is.

Wiggins is a taller WR.

At the Lou Bing this year Yasir Abdullah had an off day even running into the 1.8mps head wind

100…. Yasir Abdullah… Miami Carol City HS.. 11.41…. -1.8mps (11.26 no head wind)

He comes back a little later at the Southridge Spartan meet with 24 schools competing and electronic timing by a FSHAA contracted times and runs a 10.78!
10.78…. Abdullah, Yasir…. Spartan Invitational…. 2017-02-25

Thanks.

Wiggins is a straight up beast. He's gonna be Terrell Owens when he's done. Higher ceiling than any other kid in this loaded class.

"Tyson Campbell was taller and lankier than I expected. He may still be growing. He outran Xavier Williams on a go route and picked the ball off like it was intended for him."

he was a freshman back in 2015 outdoor season

Advertisement

didnt scratch his time either...thats his time as a sophomore...i would hope he can be around 4.65 right now. Which is faster than alot of guys on the TOP of our lisy who scratch their numbers at the camps or refuse to run the 40s

Ah ok thanks. I misread as this years time. Love the way this kid gets open and just snatches the ball. Reminds me more of Fitzgerald than Hurns.

Gotta get that offer out to Chatfield man. Lock up him and Ty Campbell and AH will be a ridiculous pipeline after being a fortress in previous years

Advertisement
Back