Thoughts From the Bench Press: UNC

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
Alright my brothers and sisters, it’s a new week and I’m sitting here staring at these plates like Paranos staring at a 64 inch ***

I’m hungry

I’m ****ed

I’m not gonna sugar coat what happened last week. No rah rah bull****. It might be the single worst thing I’ve ever witnessed in sports. Our coaches let our players down and that’s unforgivable

Not to put a positive spin on something like it but in the past watching our coaches fail, it ****ed me off because we would do “juuuuust enough” for them to justify their bull**** and their egos to not change. I believe if you’re gonna do anything in life, do it FULL ASSED. Well Mario, you FULL ASSED your ****up so spectacularly that you have no choice but to look yourself in the mirror and make changes. That’s the only positive about this. It can never go down like that again and even the most arrogant coach on the planet would have to admit it

If this was last year I would be 100% convinced that we would get smoked by 30 this week…but this is not last years team and it’s time we stopped with the ***** cuckold comments and toughen the **** up here

This week is the biggest challenge we will face all season and to that I say….

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

There’s something about adversity, a cliche’ term to be sure, but something about facing a challenge so steep that it galvanizes a team. The deck is so stacked against us this week that I think we come out more inspired than we’ve seen this team since we were down 17-7 to A&M

It’s time to reenact the scene the scene from The Program where we just stand in a circle and spit in eachothers mouths…it’s **** time

Here’s why I think we pull this off:

Matt Lee: That’s my center, man. The raw emotion. I hate to see him go through it, but his emotion and his maturity is what I needed to see. No bull**** about Snickers bars, or nonsense about not taking a game seriously….there was no coaches bull**** flowing through him. This was a grown man and a leader of this team speaking his own mind and not just falling in line. The leadership on this team is strongest on the offensive line, and if you have a good OL you can compete with anyone, anywhere. They will come to play.

Guidry: Something about this guy just tells me he loves being an underdog. We heard a lot about GT and their offense and quite frankly we dominated them. Yes I’m aware of what happened at the end, but going on the road against the best QB he’s gonna face all season is going to bring out the best in this man. He will have these guys ready.

Dawson: Watching the game I honestly felt like there was never any real urgency with him. I think they got caught flat footed and in a stubborn way just felt if they stuck to pounding the rock the game would work itself out, especially with Guidry dominating and TVD being off. Well this week we are gonna need some points and I think Dawson prefers it that way. He’s been handcuffed by Mario but it’s time to show what he can do for the first time since A&M and I think he’s as hard as a diamond in an ice storm thinking about it

Jaden Davis: we’ve got a really strange group of DBs. It’s hard to exactly pinpoint but the bottom line is they aren’t a crazy talented group. Jaden Davis is the exception. The stress on the secondary will be extreme this week and I look to Davis to make a game changing play

Deen/Taylor: it’s no secret out DL has lacked getting after the QB. Our most disruptive guys right now are these two DTs and creating some pressure in the middle against bum *** Gaynor and company will be the key to forcing Maye mistakes. No one, not even Drake Maye, handles pressure up the middle well

Tyler Van Dyke: it begins and ends with TVD. He has been a polarizing figure his entire time here and there’s no way around it, last game was a disaster. However I do not agree that TVD is soft, or can’t read defenses. He just had a horrible game. People criticize him for not being more emotional but I think he keeps that **** inside him. It’s time for him to unleash it this week and I think he responds like a champion does getting off the mat

Verdict:

Mack Brown, that fat tubby ****, want to put your hands on another grown man?

IMG_0532.gif

That crowd full of “my dads a lawyer” popped collar **** boy pussies getting wasted all day on wine coolers and a pocket full of roofies with their upside down U signals?

IMG_0533.gif

If I could attend the game I’d be riding around that stadium like William ******* Wallace on his horse

IMG_0534.gif

Good Guys 34
Bad Guys 31

IMG_0535.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I dont care if Miiami loses but dont lose because you play and coach afraid to lose

Athletes play best when they are allowed to show their ability

Dawson needs to call an aggressive game, stretch the field, utilize speed and Guidry the same. Dont be afraid to let loose and pressure Maye until he cant get up.

Last edited:
I dont care if Miiami loses but dont lose because you play and coach afraid to lose

Athletes play best wjhen they are allowed to show their ability

Dawson needs to call an aggressive game, stretch the field, utilize speed abd Guidry the same. Dont be afraid to let loose and pressure Maye until he cant get up.
Spot on. I know it can be thrown around to the point of being cliche’ but I’m glad this game is next. It is going to force us to do these things if we want to win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best one yet.
I didn’t want to go down the “people that have played competitive sports” path but a team of leaders like this bunch I think they wish they could have played this game on Monday of this past week

You just want to get back out there and get that taste out of your mouth

Last years team I just don’t think we had that vibe

Advertisement
I didn’t want to go down the “people that have played competitive sports” path but a team of leaders like this bunch I think they wish they could have played this game on Monday of this past week

You just want to get back out there and get that taste out of your mouth

Last years team I just don’t think we had that vibe
It’s been said several times this years team just seems different. There was no celebrating or ******* around last week after that debacle. The guys seemed truly ****ed off.

Bring that attitude tomorrow and we can kick their ***.

It’s been said several times this years team just seems different. There was no celebrating or ******* around last week after that debacle. The guys seemed truly ****ed off.

Bring that attitude tomorrow and we can kick their ***.
Yeah I think we have it at several levels that are key. OL we have a lot of leadership. Mike linebacker is a big one because of the responsibilities. And then of course at safety

TVD is a lead by example kinda guy so it’s tough for fans to judge since he keeps everything under wraps but I have faith in him from a heart standpoint. I don’t think it’s fair to look at a mistake on the field as he’s mentally soft or not a leader, sometimes it’s just **** ups

Tyler Van Dyke: it begins and ends with TVD. He has been a polarizing figure his entire time here and there’s no way around it, last game was a disaster. However I do not agree that TVD is soft, or can’t read defenses. He just had a horrible game. People criticize him for not being more emotional but I think he keeps that **** inside him. It’s time for him to unleash it this week and I think he responds like a champion does getting off the mat

This ^^^ Well said and exactly how I feel. He's not a rah-rah, run up and down the sidelines guy. Yet EVERY coach, teammate etc. comments on how competitive he is. He has rallied the past two season vs UNC and almost beat them. He can do it and I believe he will this year.

With regard to last week, I think the game plan stunk and did nothing to help TVD get anything going. I think Dawson severely underestimated & under-scouted Ga Tech's defense and as a result, was totally unprepared. He did nothing to help TVD or the offense get going in the second half; not one of the creative plays we've seen in the first four games so far. Not even any tempo, which we know TVD likes.
I give Dawson a pass because he's shown better but he better have a good game plan this week .

And let's see the TE used....

We owe these mutha fuggers a beat down. They talk a lot of shiitt for a basketball school. Recent history has been unkind to our beloved Canes, and these hillbilly, sister-banging, tooth-missing rednecks seem to have simply dismissed our rich history. Well fugg that! Time for some new history. LETS GOOOO!

Advertisement
Back