Those who were saying that Flagg was too slow to be effective...

Advertisement
I see what u saying overall and I agree 90%. All I’m saying is we gotta grind again to keep a constant flow of good talent coming in THEN it’s easier to pitch to the wow players on staying home. Kids gotta learn to trust it just like the fans do.
See I don't agree with the winning is all when it comes to recruiting. I never have I guess that's where my disconnect is with alot of the fan base. I think grinding on the trail will get u and I the results we want on Saturdays. Concentrate on full fourth bag press on real studs that the elite want and win those battles. Until then we will always have Saturdays like this where we win but it doesn't feel right. Good talent we get....we need that Butch take over where u bring in good and elite talent whether OOS or sfla.

We need that bad and not one or two we need a bundle of it yearly and we will be back.

See I don't agree with the winning is all when it comes to recruiting. I never have I guess that's where my disconnect is with alot of the fan base. I think grinding on the trail will get u and I the results we want on Saturdays. Concentrate on full fourth bag press on real studs that the elite want and win those battles. Until then we will always have Saturdays like this where we win but it doesn't feel right. Good talent we get....we need that Butch take over where u bring in good and elite talent whether OOS or sfla.

We need that bad and not one or two we need a bundle of it yearly and we will be back.
Na they gotta grind on the trail Fa sho. But if the package ain’t as pure as the outta towners AND the organization doesn’t show promise ... then that’s why these boys do business with them other guys from outta town

they gotta do both recruit and show promise

Advertisement
Advertisement
...I respectively disagree.

I don't care if his 40 is 5.7. I focused on him and not only were his instincts good, but he had plenty of speed to get to the play. He didn't look slow at all. That kid needs to continue getting major reps and so does Brooks. Those two should be our starters.
Sam brooks looks good too

Advertisement
He is smart and in position I just think athletically he's got huge weaknesses. Like when I think UM backer I think Lewis Vilma DJ......I think modern day I think CJ Mosley Telvin Smith Barr etc. That's my bar for UM
Those are linebackers that don’t come around too often my guy. We cannot have a stable of those.. Clemson nor baga has that RN

Those are linebackers that don’t come around too often my guy. We cannot have a stable of those.. Clemson nor baga has that RN
I want a first rounder at every level that's available in sfla and OOS just have to bag them up. We can do it we just need the staff that can so it and the money

I don't care if his 40 is 5.7. I focused on him and not only were his instincts good, but he had plenty of speed to get to the play. He didn't look slow at all. That kid needs to continue getting major reps and so does Brooks. Those two should be our starters.
Instincts and angles and shedding blocks > speed at LB in college.

Advertisement
Zach Thomas 40 time? 4.85

Football instincts can't be measured
Amen to that. Zach Thomas was one of the best college linebackers I ever saw. One of the best pros as well. People just don't understand the importance of instincts. They get so fixated on size and speed that they completely ignore the absolute most important trait for a LB to have. Instincts. If you are 6'3" 245 and run a 4.3 40, it means nothing if you don't know where the **** you're going.

Respectively?

Advertisement
Back