Those who were saying that Flagg was too slow to be effective...

I agree it’s the slowest he’ll be while here...but u know there will be a play in space where Flagg can’t quite stay with a RB or slot..and this board will go crazy lmao
Of course that will happen. And, it will happen to a 4.5 speed LBer and they won't connect the two. The difference will be - Flagg will read the play right and will just miss getting the angle where as the faster LBer won't see it at all.

Advertisement
The U will never be back to what it was.... At best we can hope to be Clemson lite... The U just doesn't have the budget to compete with the Ohio States and Alabama year to year.. it's not 2000 where we can get by with Sub par facilities and the pride of playing for The U. Today's kids want the flash and hundred million dollar+ football lounges/Locker Rooms. Today's recruits have grown up in a world where the U is irrelevant. They want to play for proven elite coaching staffs who put multiple 1st rounders in the nfl every year and play for national championships. Then you got to compete with boosters from other schools on top of that. It's a unrealistic expectation to expect dominance from these kids. I mean a 1st rounder at every position? Are you nuts.... Every year our fan base excepts 12-0 and to be able to beat clemson like we didn't just win 6-7 games the year before. If I was a player I would be ****ed to have these unrealistic expectations put on me every year.
@RVACane

How long do you allow this act to continue?

Advertisement
Bruh u can't teach speed and explosiveness that's a gift. U can't say yo saquon or dalvin don't be explosive. They came in explosive.....other iq stuff u can teach. Instincts u can't teach your right but instincts are elite when the guys super talented. U can put me out there and be great at filling gaps and being there but speed u won't get.
Explain red wine going from a 4.7 to a 4.4 then u can defiantly get faster as u gain strength I’m not saying he will be Devin white fast lol but u can absolutely get more explosive also saquon was a 3 * out of HS I can assure u he wasn’t considered as expolosove as he was

I went to one of his games last year on that loaded up North Shore squad...

on a team full of D1 athletes he stuck out and was always in on every single tackle... never looked out of position... and of course was a true mike as a defensive leader and directing his guys

Advertisement
Explain red wine going from a 4.7 to a 4.4 then u can defiantly get faster as u gain strength I’m not saying he will be Devin white fast lol but u can absolutely get more explosive also saquon was a 3 * out of HS I can assure u he wasn’t considered as expolosove as he was
It can happen it can so I won't rule that out it's possible. This is a good post cause if he's 4.9 and brings it to 4.6 then that's fine that helps. Let's see what happens like I posted before I could be wrong but I believe he's just another guy.

Advertisement
Agree but Pitt reminds me of Wisky a lot... and Wisky made us look silly
Nah Wisconsin is a different beast then pitt they aren't the same. I get what u mean but Wisconsin is physical up front and always has a back that can run away from people.

Advertisement
Clemson has 3 star high IQ LBs/Safeties that make big plays in huge games. This idea that for Miami to be a national power again we need nothing but 5 star freak athletes is so nonsensical. Only Dwins is peddling that stupidity.

The 40 is a weird measure for sure. People get their best times coming low out of a sprinter's start, slowly rising and hauling ***. Not a typical football play.

The 40 was invented by Paul Brown (ancient history NFL icon) to measure punt coverage ability. Usage has become overblown and not thoughtfully applied.

Most football plays don't cover 40 years. Of course, DB and WR pure speed is important, but here we are talking about LBs. For a guy with reasonable speed, decision making, angle selection and just old fashioned playing fast can easily offset a tenth or 2 on a 40----especially when the issue is usually how fast are you in a 10.

More Flagg and Brooks!

Advertisement
Back