Those who were saying that Flagg was too slow to be effective...

Advertisement
No we can't... That's crazy. You got to stop living in the past man. Miami will never be as dominant as it was in the early 2000s and 80s. The SEC, Ohio State and Clemson will always come to South Florida and talk around half the talent
Can't say forever, when was the last time we grabbed two 5 stars from down here?

Can't say forever, when was the last time we grabbed two 5 stars from down here?
Yeah but we also let other 5 stars leave... I don't think there will ever be a time we can hand pick south florida talent no matter how good we are.

Half step slower in a foot race can be mitigated by being a half step ahead because of instincts and understanding what the play is trying to accomplish.

His film definitely showed his lack of speed had an impact on plays at times, but his instincts also allowed him to make plays average instinct players wouldn’t make.

I haven’t really gotten into Pitt tape yet, but against Clemson the plays he missed tended to be on outside zone runs. Young players have a tendency to chase ball rather than flow through your gap to the ball.

But this isn’t a question of Margot Robbie or bang a cantaloupe. The payer he’s replacing is not exactly fast and instinctive and playing great. The player he is replacing is even more limited and has struggled majorly.

Advertisement
No we can't... That's crazy. You got to stop living in the past man. Miami will never be as dominant as it was in the early 2000s and 80s. The SEC, Ohio State and Clemson will always come to South Florida and talk around half the talent
So then u admit we will never be back....that's basically what your saying. As a fan I want dominance I don't want bend over and let the elites destroy us type of team.

The good thing is he can work on explosiveness and speed. U can’t really work on instincts so let’s hope he can get faster for those Speed boners
Bruh u can't teach speed and explosiveness that's a gift. U can't say yo saquon or dalvin don't be explosive. They came in explosive.....other iq stuff u can teach. Instincts u can't teach your right but instincts are elite when the guys super talented. U can put me out there and be great at filling gaps and being there but speed u won't get.

Advertisement
So then u admit we will never be back....that's basically what your saying. As a fan I want dominance I don't want bend over and let the elites destroy us type of team.
The U will never be back to what it was.... At best we can hope to be Clemson lite... The U just doesn't have the budget to compete with the Ohio States and Alabama year to year.. it's not 2000 where we can get by with Sub par facilities and the pride of playing for The U. Today's kids want the flash and hundred million dollar+ football lounges/Locker Rooms. Today's recruits have grown up in a world where the U is irrelevant. They want to play for proven elite coaching staffs who put multiple 1st rounders in the nfl every year and play for national championships. Then you got to compete with boosters from other schools on top of that. It's a unrealistic expectation to expect dominance from these kids. I mean a 1st rounder at every position? Are you nuts.... Every year our fan base excepts 12-0 and to be able to beat clemson like we didn't just win 6-7 games the year before. If I was a player I would be ****ed to have these unrealistic expectations put on me every year.

...I respectfully disagree.

I don't care if his 40 is 5.7. I focused on him and not only were his instincts good, but he had plenty of speed to get to the play. He didn't look slow at all. That kid needs to continue getting major reps and so does Brooks. Those two should be our starters.
He’s slow..give it time it will show up and the same ppl praising him will treat him as they did Shaq...the pup has the goods in a phone booth. Really impressed with his instincts so far. If 44 had the same feel he’d be a fan favorite. Rn he’s the 2nd hardest hitter on this team

If you've let yourself go, you're not going to get the prettiest girl until you get yourself back in the gym for a bit. We've been down before and come back.

If you've let yourself go, you're not going to get the prettiest girl until you get yourself back in the gym for a bit. We've been down before and come back.
Like the example can't get mad at that. Man I hope....I have very little hope but obviously I can't tell the future. At this point when u watch a Clemson bama OSU it's like a different animal compared to us....and it's hard for my senses to see that and see us.

Advertisement
He’s slow..give it time it will show up and the same ppl praising him will treat him as they did Shaq...the pup has the goods in a phone booth. Really impressed with his instincts so far. If 44 had the same feel he’d be a fan favorite. Rn he’s the 2nd hardest hitter on this team
Never bashed Shaq; I was always a fan of his.

And, as always, we will see over time, but barring injury and assuming Feeley will run him ragged his adult, athletic body, you will see his speed increase. We've had guys who've shaved 2-3 tenths off their 40 when they got into real training and just grew up. My guess is, he will get faster and stronger AND even better at reading D's the longer he is here.

I think this is the slowest you will see Flagg. Again, barring injury, I think he will end up as our MLB for the next 3 years and we'll be the better for it.

There are too many people who think you need to be Usain to play every position. Players like Zach Thomas proved that is nonsense. Flagg, I watched him against Clemson, he knows how to read Keys, Zach McCloud after 5 years have no idea what that means. Even our back up DL seem to understand concepts like contain and assignment. Our starters chase the ball like kindergarten kids at lunch time chasing the soccer ballll

There are too many people who think you need to be Usain to play every position. Players like Zach Thomas proved that is nonsense. Flagg, I watched him against Clemson, he knows how to read Keys, Zach McCloud after 5 years have no idea what that means. Even our back up DL seem to understand concepts like contain and assignment. Our starters chase the ball like kindergarten kids at lunch time chasing the soccer ballll
Hit it out of the ballpark! Great post and totally on target!

Barring injury, I predict Flagg will play his way into ALL-ACC in a year or two AND with Feeley riding his butt like Zorro, he will have the necessary agility to play on that kind of level.

Advertisement
Never bashed Shaq; I was always a fan of his.

And, as always, we will see over time, but barring injury and assuming Feeley will run him ragged his adult, athletic body, you will see his speed increase. We've had guys who've shaved 2-3 tenths off their 40 when they got into real training and just grew up. My guess is, he will get faster and stronger AND even better at reading D's the longer he is here.

I think this is the slowest you will see Flagg. Again, barring injury, I think he will end up as our MLB for the next 3 years and we'll be the better for it.
I agree it’s the slowest he’ll be while here...but u know there will be a play in space where Flagg can’t quite stay with a RB or slot..and this board will go crazy lmao

First off, let’s stop all the Huff talk. The kid wasn’t Willie Williams out of HS. He was a big time prospect but he needed development and he missed a lot of valuable time and reps. Give him time!

Second, all the bozos who said Flagg was a bad offer can eat crow now because as of yesterday he’s surpassed any expectations all doubters had of him!

Advertisement
Back