Thomas Gore portal

Advertisement
Correct. Maybe it was getting Zo out of the building, Ward's arrival or the pressure on Mario (or all 3) but outside of Riley - and perhaps he could have been a solid player - I have fewer questions around the players that we've taken this offseason.
Don't think they had to get Zo out or anything. He was doing what Mario wanted him to do and it could have changed any time.

I think its the heat and pressure and realizing what we can do with Cam Ward.

It took a shift of focus on adding true difference makers. I bet they wish they tried harder on a few guys last cycle and we would be so far ahead of where we are right now. Probably would have won more games and closed on JS and others.

This move is something I alluded to on yesterday's Canes Connection private Zoom.

The evaluation wasn't the problem as much as the previous bad DT recruiting. Everybody knew Gore was short and limited. He played, which speaks to the need at DT last year.

As we improve the talent at the position, it is easier for someone like Gore to move on to a more suitable program for his physical talents.

Move on? He signed an LOI in 2018. This **** is on the McCormick Plan...

Advertisement
Don't think they had to get Zo out or anything. He was doing what Mario wanted him to do and it could have changed any time.

I think its the heat and pressure and realizing what we can do with Cam Ward.

It took a shift of focus on adding true difference makers. I bet they wish they tried harder on a few guys last cycle and we would be so far ahead of where we are right now. Probably would have won more games and closed on JS and others.
its interesting that the strategy norvell used is the same strategy were using now. we are better at HS recruiting by a lot, but it really doesnt matter anymore if you are pushing out young kids for more day 1 ready transfers now. it is what it is.

When I see the need at S, I wonder if the desire for a safety can be satisfied by a new CB. New boundary CB (Houston Kid), Demari to the Nickel, and Powell to the Safety. IDK but it would seem to be to open up options.
I mean, is it possible we're already doing that? We got Hill, so he, Porter, and Brown would be a good trio. Yes, need some others like Stafford to step up.

Advertisement
I love the new approach the staff is taking in the portal. Adding portal players to serve as low "depth pieces" proved to be pretty ineffective. We give FSU a lot of **** but last year their portal additions were for the most part all starters/big contributors. Moving forward, the staff will be more selective with who they bring to the portal. Quality over quantity

Some people don't like to hear this, but yes, sometimes the evaluation is indeed bad. And this one was horrible.

@htownkidd @Zbrod95 I remember you two going at it for this evaluation.

Any last words on the topic?
LOL

No one is ever 100%, or even close to it.
But this one was obvious as day, he had no business being here. I wish him luck.

its interesting that the strategy norvell used is the same strategy were using now. we are better at HS recruiting by a lot, but it really doesnt matter anymore if you are pushing out young kids for more day 1 ready transfers now. it is what it is.

It is not the same strategy. It's just not.

Norvell signed a bunch of multi-year transfers and did not recruit as many HS players.

Miami is signing a bunch of 1-year transfers to plug misses from HS recruits.

It's not the same.

Advertisement
I mean, is it possible we're already doing that? We got Hill, so he, Porter, and Brown would be a good trio. Yes, need some others like Stafford to step up.
In the win big, win now mode that we are in, the question becomes can we allow Stafford to step up? Is that a risk worth taking?

Advertisement
I love the new approach the staff is taking in the portal. Adding portal players to serve as low "depth pieces" proved to be pretty ineffective. We give FSU a lot of **** but last year their portal additions were starters/big contributors. Moving forward, the staff will be more selective with who they bring to the portal. Quality over quantity
Mentioned it before when people were clowning them, they were getting difference makers.. Almost all their top production were transfers, even former mario guys like the RB while mario bought some scrub olineman with him from Oregon.. Their Dline takes were early draft picks impact players.. we getting thomas gore..

Advertisement
Back