Thomas Brown visits top RB McFarland today

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Broke, I'm not a fire Rumph guy (yet), but if you don't see the issues with him not even being able to get a sniff from talented guys he was just coaching several months ago, then you're cutting him slack that he doesn't deserve.

Don't know if there's a particular reason that you like him or want to protect him, but his failure at the guys from his own school has put everyone on alert about his recruiting abilities.

A big part of the job is successfully recruiting, something which so far he's fallen well short of. Time will tell, but we can't have year after year of whiffing on talented defensive backs. Personally if it was up to me, I'd give him one more season to show he can bring in talent, top-notch talent.

This is a fair, reasonable and, IMO, an accurate assessment without pounding [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] mercilessly. BTW, this really is a very sedate OCCC post. I need whatever he was just prescribed.

Advertisement
Broke, I'm not a fire Rumph guy (yet), but if you don't see the issues with him not even being able to get a sniff from talented guys he was just coaching several months ago, then you're cutting him slack that he doesn't deserve.

Don't know if there's a particular reason that you like him or want to protect him, but his failure at the guys from his own school has put everyone on alert about his recruiting abilities.

A big part of the job is successfully recruiting, something which so far he's fallen well short of. Time will tell, but we can't have year after year of whiffing on talented defensive backs. Personally if it was up to me, I'd give him one more season to show he can bring in talent, top-notch talent.

This is a great take. Concerning his former players at positions of dire need wouldnt give us the time & day. Good coach, but wheather he can recruit is still to be determined.

Just looked over Maryland's class and I was shocked to see it is currently Top 20. They have 7 Four starts committed at the moment.

Pretty impressive for such a dumpster fire of a program.

Those are some top notch recruiters on that stuff. Maryland always seems to get a blue chip guy out of nowhere every year. (Wes Brown, Stefan Diggs, etc)

They cant coach a lick but they can **** sure recruit.

DeMatha either has other blue chip guys that Maryland wants, or they're going all in on McFarland by hiring his HS coach. Maryland didn't hire the HS coach because of his coaching acumen.

Just an FYI here chise. DeMatha is the Maryland version of STA or something very similar. They are a national powerhouse on a regular. Definitely alot more to this hire than simply one kid. I don't know how it will help for him but buddy is potentially a big hire.

Advertisement
It's a very attractive option to many kids within a 100-mile radius which is a ton of kids. Urban environment, good academically, fairly nice and diverse campus, under armor, etc.

Rumph will do just fine if he can land Dean. F the AH kids if they don't want to play at Miami. Is that Rumph's fault? It may have a little to do with him but we will know 100% next year with Campbell.

More concerned with Searels, Banda, and Dugans! Heck, Hartley needs to get his crap together at TE if Haskins is in the dog house.

Why cant anybody on the staff land them if its just rumph cant recruit?

So, you're saying it's the other coaches' fault. So Kuligowski shares just as much blame on the DB recruiting failures.

I guess that works for you. Congratulations then to Mike Rumph for landing DJ Johnson. I guess he really knows how to land the blue chippers. My bad.

Advertisement

So, you're saying it's the other coaches' fault. So Kuligowski shares just as much blame on the DB recruiting failures.

I guess that works for you. Congratulations then to Mike Rumph for landing DJ Johnson. I guess he really knows how to land the blue chippers. My bad.

Yall are saying rumph aint landing the heritage kids because he cant recruit. But why cant the other guys on the staff land them? Rumph isnt recruiting slaton or herbert, searles is.

As far as db recruiting it as a whole isnt great. Banda isnt landing blue chippers and lost edwards and gibson. Yet i see no one calling for his job when he is supposed to be this great recruiter.

Dude, you sound desperate and weak with that protect Rumph at all costs, throw everybody else under the bus routine.

Like I said before, I'm not saying fire the guy now, but there's a red flag, a big one, that has been raised. I'm not for just letting people hang around that don't do their jobs. We've had too much of that in the last decade. Let's see how he does over the next 12 months or so. But frankly I wouldn't give him a lot more than that if it was up to me.

Yall are saying rumph aint landing the heritage kids because he cant recruit. But why cant the other guys on the staff land them? Rumph isnt recruiting slaton or herbert, searles is.

As far as db recruiting it as a whole isnt great. Banda isnt landing blue chippers and lost edwards and gibson. Yet i see no one calling for his job when he is supposed to be this great recruiter.

Banda only got Amari Carter. I'll assume Searles got Donaldson though I'm not sure it was really about Searles. They've taken a while lot of L's

Last edited:

A big part of the job is successfully recruiting, something which so far he's fallen well short of. Time will tell, but we can't have year after year of whiffing on talented defensive backs. Personally if it was up to me, I'd give him one more season to show he can bring in talent, top
-notch talent.
Why cant anybody on the staff land them if its just rumph cant recruit?So, you're saying it's the other coaches' fault. So Kuligowski shares just as much blame on the DB recruiting failures.

Come on, you know better that that. He's saying it's a situation that nobody came do anything about. It's as if the water's been poisoned. It's happen before with Dwyer and Dillard (which hasn't sent us a recruit even during the Butch and JJ years).

It's as if AH has become the new Dwyer. Just have to let the bad blood pass and hope the new group are too young to have been tainted by the Wilson's.

Advertisement
Dude, you sound desperate and weak with that protect Rumph at all costs, throw everybody else under the bus routine.

Like I said before, I'm not saying fire the guy now, but there's a red flag, a big one, that has been raised. I'm not for just letting people hang around that don't do their jobs. We've had too much of that in the last decade. Let's see how he does over the next 12 months or so. But frankly I wouldn't give him a lot more than that if it was up to me.

Yall sound weak as **** constantly calling for a guy to get fired because a teenager doesnt want to go to school at miami. Of course he needs to prove himself but you cant just look at one guy and excuse others for not doing there job. It aint about protecting rumph its about whats right.

I think they all should get more than 1 year to land elite players. We will see what happens moving forward. If he struggles next year then start ing and whining.

Last edited:
To get back to topic though..... what number is McFarland going to be rocking at the []_[]?!?! This boy is going to be SPECIAL!!

comparing Rumph to Briles and Pruitt...... HAAA. Is Rumph replacing Golden is your heart now?
Dude stfu you have fViking issues, Pruitt and briles are both accomplished coaches but I doubt we heard people make crazy claims that they were recruiting hires or that they can't coach when they was hired from the highschool rank

we hired a Highschool coach that is a decorated Alumni and he has proceeded to miss out on everyone of his former players at positions of massive need to UM. Anyone that defends him or tries to compare him to...LOL...Briles and Pruitt, is either his mother or a ****ing idiot...

Slaton ain't never give Miami the time of the day or even mentioned Miami until late this past year in his career in highschool... Herbert was leaning to uf ever since they offered and then committed to Michigan for whatever reason and Marco Wilson been bashing Miami since we didn't offer his brother since 2013...
So now you know more about Slaton than Pete Ariz? Pete had him as a UM lock a couple weeks ago. He must have showed interest in UM for Pete to put his reputation on the line.

But nah. Let's just go with the Rumph protector rhetoric being spewed by 252cane and his trusty sidekick broke. Slaton never had any interest in UM. Pete just made it up so he'd look stupid.

He didn't make it up to look stupid but the only people on earth "in the know" that thought Slaton was going to Miami was Peter and his sources. At no point did Slaton name Miami as one of his leaders. People here assumed Rumph would be the one to get him here and that belief was solidified with Pete's post but nothing that Slaton had done should've made you think he was coming here.

I was not the only one predicting it

To be fair this is true, anyone who knows Fishbein said he was told Slaton was coming to Miami.

Advertisement
It's funny how art briles who was a former highschool coach or Jeremy Pruitt who came up from the highschool ranks weren't criticized for their coaching abilities but yet guys like rumph and Elijah brooks are. Both have produced multiple 5 and 4 star players. Hmmm

comparing Rumph to Briles and Pruitt...... HAAA. Is Rumph replacing Golden is your heart now?
Dude stfu you have fViking issues, Pruitt and briles are both accomplished coaches but I doubt we heard people make crazy claims that they were recruiting hires or that they can't coach when they was hired from the highschool rank

we hired a Highschool coach that is a decorated Alumni and he has proceeded to miss out on everyone of his former players at positions of massive need to UM. Anyone that defends him or tries to compare him to...LOL...Briles and Pruitt, is either his mother or a ****ing idiot...

Slaton ain't never give Miami the time of the day or even mentioned Miami until late this past year in his career in highschool... Herbert was leaning to uf ever since they offered and then committed to Michigan for whatever reason and Marco Wilson been bashing Miami since we didn't offer his brother since 2013...
So now you know more about Slaton than Pete Ariz? Pete had him as a UM lock a couple weeks ago. He must have showed interest in UM for Pete to put his reputation on the line.

But nah. Let's just go with the Rumph protector rhetoric being spewed by 252cane and his trusty sidekick broke. Slaton never had any interest in UM. Pete just made it up so he'd look stupid.

I aint spewing **** and never said slaton didnt have any interest. Yall old ***** just look crazy calling for a dude job based on a decision a teenager makes. If these dudes come they come if they dont they dont, simple as that.

Last edited:
Unless Coach Brown sends out a picture of him and McFarland throwing up the U today, Maryland is still very much in the picture.

Unless Coach Brown sends out a picture of him and McFarland throwing up the U today, Maryland is still very much in the picture.
Anthony McFarland tweeted this

Appreciate My man @iamthomasbrown for stopping by this morning #Ufamily 🙌🔶

The way Broke uses "yo" is so obvious he's not black it's hilarious. Although he swears he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back