Thomas brown on Brevin jordan

The new moniker?

It belongs to first-team tailback Travis Homer, second-teamer Deejay Dallas and third-team tailback/first team fullback Trayone Gray. The trio combined for "four or five" rushing TDs in Saturday’s scrimmage (per Dallas), with two coming from Gray at fullback.

Dallas ran in one TD and Homer added a long run.

“There’s a whole lot of monsters on offense,” Dallas said on Sunday. “Our offense is going to be way better than last year. We have the firepower, have the offensive line, have the game plan, have the coaches. I mean, let’s make a run for the `ship. Let’s make a run for it. … We’re going to be good this year, man. I’m excited for this season. I think we will actually get a chance to play for the big trophy."

I'd be real happy just to beat Clemson, that would put us in the playoffs. That would help us build big time!

Advertisement
Thomas Brown used to coach at UGA, and he mentioned in the interview he had never seen so much speed at WR as a coach. Am I interpreting this right? He's never seen a faster WR corps?

Thomas Brown used to coach at UGA, and he mentioned in the interview he had never seen so much speed at WR as a coach. Am I interpreting this right? He's never seen a faster WR corps?
probably true for sure as a coach. Georgia never really had all that fast/good of a WR group, and neither did Wisconsin when he coached there.

Would love to see it happen. Especially in short yardage when opposing Defenses are keying in on Homer and Dallas.

Would help to be a under center offense but how many years of film would they have to watch to see a Miami ullback running the football. Heck the HC might have been coaching here then.

It’s early but it sounds like we’ve found answers to lingering question marks during camp.

Tito is apparently good enough to make a difference
Dean improved enough to consistently play
We may have found our short yardage back

If these guys carry their camp performances into the season we are primed for a great year.

Advertisement
He was close once, but by the time he turned & looked, there was only dust.

Sounds like Brevin has exceeded his expectations that they had for him which were already high to begin with

-malik had one int in the scrimmage which sounded like a miscommunication.

-N’Kosi Perry has flashed a lot in the fall but is still inconsistent at times.

- said Jarren Williams has the best arm talent in the QB room.

-he also noted that cade Weldon had a couple of those picks, seems like he has cooled off lately after being on fire that first week of camp.
Weldon has always been an interception machine in High school & even last year as a Freshman in scrimmages.

I think the real reason why he's even here is because his dad Casey knew that Richt would be the best person to help Cade mature as a young man & he trusts Richt with his son more than any other Coach.

But this is exactly why I never really get too hype over coaches praising certain players in the media, there's always an ulterior motive to it & can be for a number of different reasons. Sometimes it's to actually see how well they respond & if it goes to their head.

And this is AFTER an ACL year...

I’m excited as can be to hear Choc ballin out. I want to see him get to the league. From what the town says about the kid, joe couldn’t you root for him? Praise Richt as well for seeing through the old regime players of Willis and Choc.

After watching Choc high shool tape, I came away with a player that has a set of hands, natural running ability, cutback ability, light feet. Then to consider he’s gained 40 pounds of muscle and has learned how to block from his reps at fullback.

Theoretically (because there’s not much UM tape of him) , Choc is very marketable. He’s versatile. Personally, I’d take Choc over Gus Edwards, who will probably make the Raves squad.

What a pleasant surprise :)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back