Thomas brown on Brevin jordan

Sounds like Brevin has exceeded his expectations that they had for him which were already high to begin with

-malik had one int in the scrimmage which sounded like a miscommunication.

-N’Kosi Perry has flashed a lot in the fall but is still inconsistent at times.

- said Jarren Williams has the best arm talent in the QB room.

-he also noted that cade Weldon had a couple of those picks, seems like he has cooled off lately after being on fire that first week of camp.
my personal belief is cade is this year's evan. sorry but no one around program seriously thinks hes up for a starting or #2 spot.

Advertisement
Serious question...I'm trying to learn here....

So when we are in short yardage, goal line, 3rd and 1 kinda stuff...would we be using a formation like an I or Strong/Weak set with Realus as FB leading the way for Choc in RB? Or would we be using Homer or DJ in the HB role with Choc or Realus as a FB...or something completely different?

I just know this was a sore spot for us of huge proportions and I am wondering what we can be expecting with our new personnel

No idea. Richt and Brown both mentioned they'd like to run from the I some but could't last year.

The new moniker?

It belongs to first-team tailback Travis Homer, second-teamer Deejay Dallas and third-team tailback/first team fullback Trayone Gray. The trio combined for "four or five" rushing TDs in Saturday’s scrimmage (per Dallas), with two coming from Gray at fullback.

Dallas ran in one TD and Homer added a long run.

“There’s a whole lot of monsters on offense,” Dallas said on Sunday. “Our offense is going to be way better than last year. We have the firepower, have the offensive line, have the game plan, have the coaches. I mean, let’s make a run for the `ship. Let’s make a run for it. … We’re going to be good this year, man. I’m excited for this season. I think we will actually get a chance to play for the big trophy."

lol @ choc, rosier and Cager... 3 stooges

Never ceases to amaze me our fans attacking our players. Choc is popular among his teammates. He could have transferred. He could have quit. He could have been a malcontent. He is the opposite. And Thomas Brown who is hard on his guys and doesn't sugar coat any interview is excited about Choc, then that is good enough for me. Cager is coming off an ACL and showed what he can be against Wisconsin. By all accounts, he has had a very good camp. And the team has rallied behind Rosier. By all accounts, he has had a great camp.

The new moniker?

It belongs to first-team tailback Travis Homer, second-teamer Deejay Dallas and third-team tailback/first team fullback Trayone Gray. The trio combined for "four or five" rushing TDs in Saturday’s scrimmage (per Dallas), with two coming from Gray at fullback.

“There’s a whole lot of monsters on offense,” Dallas said on Sunday. “Our offense is going to be way better than last year. We have the firepower, have the offensive line, have the game plan, have the coaches. I mean, let’s make a run for the `ship. Let’s make a run for it. … We’re going to be good this year, man. I’m excited for this season. I think we will actually get a chance to play for the big trophy."

Holy sh*t

Advertisement
Never ceases to amaze me our fans attacking our players. Choc is popular among his teammates. He could have transferred. He could have quit. He could have been a malcontent. He is the opposite. And Thomas Brown who is hard on his guys and doesn't sugar coat any interview is excited about Choc, then that is good enough for me. Cager is coming off an ACL and showed what he can be against Wisconsin. By all accounts, he has had a very good camp. And the team has rallied behind Rosier. By all accounts, he has had a great camp.
A large portion of the guys who post a lot on here are schtick accounts just looking for some attention in their sad lives. They’re not even really UM fans. This dude bigdork is the same guy who made fun of Jim Kelly having cancer, so take his musings for what they’re worth.

Every time Gray gets mentioned there are always a bunch of losers who pipe in with the “legend of Choc” tired line of ****. Problem for these miserable puke chunks is that it’s the coaches and players hyping up Gray, and the fans are just reacting to that.

Potentially one of those "if you told me a year ago I'd laugh you off the boards" moments - Choc Gray holding off Lingard and finally (allegedly) putting it all together.

Almost as hilarious as Malik Rosier winning the QB job in 2017 and setting statistical records... Oh wait...
Weird **** happens lol.

I think I would compare it more to Barrios being one of the best players on the team heading into 2017.
Some people around here last August actually thought Berrios would not get any playing time.
Yep. In a world of freshman phenoms and 3 and out players, the College football world kinda has devalued the Senior player a bit. We tend to forget that these are grown *** men basically (21-23) who have been through 4 plus cycles of professional strength and conditioning coaching, and if you're lucky, maybe even the same system/scheme (this will be Choc's third under Richt).

My expectations are high but I am also being cautiously optimistic. Remember the 1's on each side are playing the 2nd team. Sounds like very positive camp and players are progressing.

LSU will def be a nice test for the O out the gate. I don't care if their offense is crap. The D will be stout.

Advertisement
man, i'd love for George and Choc to form a guaranteed short yardage package, and relieve us of that curse.....

This staff seems to be very good at developing kids. On the offense, we have Rosier, Choc, and Jones taking big strides before their final season, and Mahoney has stepped up, as well. On the defense, it sounds like Redwine is going to be a beast this year, Dean finally showed up, and Finley is making an impression.

The new moniker?

We should continue to pedal this. Make LSU worry about the run game and put a linebacker on Jordan and our receivers in single coverage.

:newman:

Advertisement
Potentially one of those "if you told me a year ago I'd laugh you off the boards" moments - Choc Gray holding off Lingard and finally (allegedly) putting it all together.

Almost as hilarious as Malik Rosier winning the QB job in 2017 and setting statistical records... Oh wait...
I don't know if he's really holding off lingard. Just sounds like Lingard has been having a mediocre camp again.!hoping he breaks out soon

Is Choc the answer to our short yardage solution prayers? He sure has the body and explosiveness to be that dude

The podcast is already up on the radio.com, its a free app and it has both WQAM 560 and 790 the ticket. Great interview with Coach Brown. Chic had 3 TDs. Coach Brown clearly has a good handle on the entire offense.

Advertisement
Third and two on the four yard line. Two tight ends in tight, both Choc and Realus in the backfield.

A short throw to Choc for six. LMAO!

So you haven't heard the story

I still miss the FB(Davenport) running straight down the field on a PA pass. Once a game, when they really need a play, it's open, but he's going to have to prove it blocking first, so they don't key on it.

Advertisement
Back