Coaching Thomas Brown interviews for Dolphins HC 🍤

Advertisement
Only one black HC in the league currently.

He’s well regarded by those in the league.

He’s young and up coming. Around my age, love seeing the young guys get a shot.

Bunch of bums get a shot each year.. so why not him?

And he coached for the U. So I tend to root for us.
Agree with everything you said. The fins would probably have a run game for the first time since jay Ajayi too

Only one black HC in the league currently.

He’s well regarded by those in the league.

He’s young and up coming. Around my age, love seeing the young guys get a shot.

Bunch of bums get a shot each year.. so why not him?

And he coached for the U. So I tend to root for us.
OK, just not with the Fins. Although Ross is a complete moron and hires nothing but coaches without HC experience, we have gone from Philbin to Gaze to Flores, of the three Flores actually showed signs of life and has a 4-2 record against NE and Belichek, so naturally he is the one discarded now. The owner doesn't know what he is doing and just ****ed half his high draft picks away by letting Chris Grier select O-Linemen, disastrous waste of resources and who does dingbat Ross keep? Grier, meanwhile Flores will be a head coach in a matter of weeks for another NFL team. Tua is a problem and any good coach might run from this job after seeing him against the Titans. We have a defense filled with players specifically fitting into that system so naturally we get rid of the coach that built that success. Going backwards is clearly what Ross likes to do, hopefully we can just focus full time on the Canes going forward since the Fins are not going anywhere until Ross sells the team/dies which is hopefully soon in either case.

Advertisement
Did Bienemy have *** with Roger Goodell's daughter? I don't understand why he can't get a more serious look.
Colorado offered him the job a few years ago, he declined (probably a smart move).

NFL teams have interviewed him, but apparently he's never been offered.

My speculation is that there is concern over how much of his success is by virtue of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.

It always does. It's their rules. Why did they fire the last coach?
My point is they are interviewing other minorities so the Rooney rule is already satisfied.

Flores was fired bc he is an ******* and talked down to multiple players and staff members. He couldn’t assemble an offensive staff bc nobody wanted to work for him. There are plenty of reports about this. Can’t be a middle of the pack coach and expect to keep your job acting like that.

OK, just not with the Fins. Although Ross is a complete moron and hires nothing but coaches without HC experience, we have gone from Philbin to Gaze to Flores, of the three Flores actually showed signs of life and has a 4-2 record against NE and Belichek, so naturally he is the one discarded now. The owner doesn't know what he is doing and just ****ed half his high draft picks away by letting Chris Grier select O-Linemen, disastrous waste of resources and who does dingbat Ross keep? Grier, meanwhile Flores will be a head coach in a matter of weeks for another NFL team. Tua is a problem and any good coach might run from this job after seeing him against the Titans. We have a defense filled with players specifically fitting into that system so naturally we get rid of the coach that built that success. Going backwards is clearly what Ross likes to do, hopefully we can just focus full time on the Canes going forward since the Fins are not going anywhere until Ross sells the team/dies which is hopefully soon in either case.
The phins have the most cap in the nfl and have plenty of draft picks over the next couple years. If they make a good hire they will be fine. They have versatile players on defense and if they can assemble an oline and get some playmakers on offense with that cap space they will compete in the afc. A lot of IFs but leadership was a huge issue on this team they are trying to fix that. I personally would have fired Grier too and just started with a clean slate with all the talent and resources the team has.

Brian Flores and Thomas Brown are **** near clones temperament wise.

At least Flores had an elite defensive football mind.

Just a courtesy interview anyway to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

But congrats to Thomas Brown for getting a HC look in the NFL. Checklist interview or not, just getting your name out there is huge.

Advertisement
The phins have the most cap in the nfl and have plenty of draft picks over the next couple years. If they make a good hire they will be fine. They have versatile players on defense and if they can assemble an oline and get some playmakers on offense with that cap space they will compete in the afc. A lot of IFs but leadership was a huge issue on this team they are trying to fix that. I personally would have fired Grier too and just started with a clean slate with all the talent and resources the team has.
I don't think leadership was an issue. Most NFL teams would've packed it in at 1-7. Dude kept his squad together and kept grinding.

Flores was fired bc Stephen Ross is an absentee owner who wants his *** kissed and thinks you run an NFL franchise the same way he runs his real estate business. Watch how quickly he gets snapped up by another team (provided he doesn't sit this year out, which if he were smart, he would do unless a squad with a Qb comes calling).

I've been rooting for the Fins my entire life. We ain't doing sh*t or contending for a **** thing as long as 1 is under center.

Advertisement
I don't think leadership was an issue. Most NFL teams would've packed it in at 1-7. Dude kept his squad together and kept grinding.

Flores was fired bc Stephen Ross is an absentee owner who wants his *** kissed and thinks you run an NFL franchise the same way he runs his real estate business. Watch how quickly he gets snapped up by another team (provided he doesn't sit this year out, which if he were smart, he would do unless a squad with a Qb comes calling).

I've been rooting for the Fins my entire life. We ain't doing sh*t or contending for a **** thing as long as 1 is under center.
If you are not speaking to players or staff members for weeks at a time I think it’s a leadership issue. I’m not in the locker room so can’t say anything definitive but the atmosphere in that Locker room seemed to not be remotely healthy, someone had to go. Multiple OCs/can’t hire anyone credible for 3 straight years, they have video of elandon roberts on the sideline telling Tua it is coaching holding the team back, how many player left and went on to play better for other teams. You can point out coming back from 1-7, but you can also point out the competition or how did we get to that point in the first place?

I’m 50/50 in Tua why I’d like to give him one more year with a real offensive mind and talent around him. Hard to run and RPO with no run game. Drew Brees was a bust till he wasn’t, josh Allen, even Tom Brady was carried by his defense for first 4-5 years of his career. If Tua flops we will have two first rounders or can go after a vet in the twilight of their career.

Steve Ross does exactly what an owner is expected to do and provides every bit of monetary support that is needed. He doesn’t need to be jerry Jones. The team has the talent to succeed Ross and Grier just need to get this coaching hire right.

Advertisement
Colorado offered him the job a few years ago, he declined (probably a smart move).

NFL teams have interviewed him, but apparently he's never been offered.

My speculation is that there is concern over how much of his success is by virtue of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.
I read somewhere he’s awful in interviews. Which is the biggest reason why he’s never gotten a job. But who knows if that’s true or not. Could just be the best excuse for not wanting to hire him for whatever other reason they might have.

Bingo. I'd be glad to get Pedersen. He'd take us from 9-8 to 10-7. No playoffs to first round exit.

If you are not speaking to players or staff members for weeks at a time I think it’s a leadership issue. I’m not in the locker room so can’t say anything definitive but the atmosphere in that Locker room seemed to not be remotely healthy, someone had to go. Multiple OCs/can’t hire anyone credible for 3 straight years, they have video of elandon roberts on the sideline telling Tua it is coaching holding the team back, how many player left and went on to play better for other teams. You can point out coming back from 1-7, but you can also point out the competition or how did we get to that point in the first place?

I’m 50/50 in Tua why I’d like to give him one more year with a real offensive mind and talent around him. Hard to run and RPO with no run game. Drew Brees was a bust till he wasn’t, josh Allen, even Tom Brady was carried by his defense for first 4-5 years of his career. If Tua flops we will have two first rounders or can go after a vet in the twilight of their career.

Steve Ross does exactly what an owner is expected to do and provides every bit of monetary support that is needed. He doesn’t need to be jerry Jones. The team has the talent to succeed Ross and Grier just need to get this coaching hire right.
Stephen Ross is crap. He doesn't know jack **** about football, so he can't hire or delegate properly.

He thinks it's cute to use to the parking lot to build an amusement park of other events that have nothing to do with his sole purpose as owner: win.

He lines his own pockets and has delivered zero for the club. Two playoff appearances, one home game, zero playoff wins.

**** Stephen Ross.

Nah, man. You can count the number of players and coaches to come out in support of him on one hand. It isn't about him kissing Ross's ***. It's about a ton of people in the organization hating him.

Nothing he's done in three years was evidence that he's head coach material. Good defensive coordinator? Sure, but everything else around him is rotting and that's on him.

Advertisement
Back