This time last year...?

TheEye

Mario and Dan are upgrades. Period.
We currently have 6 four star recruit commitments with a total of 16 commits. Mid July of last year, did we have the same amount of commits? I'm just trying to gauge the recruiting progress.

Advertisement
It was something crazy like 12 out of 15 or 16 commits were 4 stars or higher

Don't try cause you're gonna go bananas! I would follow in this order:
Wristbands
Backpacks
Flip Flops / Slides
Visits
Bags

Good luck and Go Canes!

Serious questions, at this time last year had paradise camp already happened and was the quiet period as long as this one before camp?

The major difference between this year and last year is that most of the SF elite kids were committed by this time plus Lingard. This year most of the SF targets are looking seriously at other options. I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Advertisement
Here’s the honest difference between last year and this year:

2016:
Canes go through a four game losing streak, in the middle of the season, losing heart breakers in Richt’s first year, just to turn it around and get smoking hot to end the season including embarrassing a high powered offense on nat’l TV to win our first bowl game. Recruits become very interested as Richt is selling we are coming back.

2017:
Recruits respond to how we ended the season. We go 10-0 to to start the season, but we go on a 3 game losing streak to end the season in disappointing fashion, including a shellacking by Clemson. Meanwhile, Richt’s former employer’s 2nd year coach takes them all the way to the nat’l championship game, and come w/in a broke down play to win it. We’re back to square 1 as far as negatively recruited against.

I said it once and I’ll say it again; this season is so huge for us. We can’t have another long losing streak. The fence around So Fla is still in turmoil. Winning against LSU and having a strong, STRONG season will propel us.

A realistic gauge would be likely finishing 14ish to 20ish.

We have 16 commits.
There are 7 teams already ranked ahead of us with less commits.

There are 5 teams that can recruit as well if not better then us that are behind us (Stanford, Washington, Southern Cal, Tennessee, and Penn State)

There is only 1 team that has a full class already who won't realistic stay in the top 10-15 (Ole Miss) and South Carolina is probably the only other team we can realistically jump.

So if you add the teams that are already ranked higher with less commits and the schools who typically recruit better then us that are behind us who also has less commits there is 12 teams that has a likely chance of staying/jumping ahead of us.

I'm sure someone will say if we get [insert names here] we will jump them. To that I say learn from last year.. we thought we'd be a top 5 class UNTIL everyone else started getting their commits, as 4-5 star player usually announce later, and we ended up with a class 3-4 spots lower then we originally predicted.

Last edited:
The major difference between this year and last year is that most of the SF elite kids were committed by this time plus Lingard. This year most of the SF targets are looking seriously at other options. I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Ehhh think you’re being a little dramatic we already have 6 out of 16 commits who are 4 stars. I’m willing to bet Crowley, Harvey & Brooks will be 4 stars when the final rankings come out. While Munoz, Williams & Hodges have a good shot at becoming 4 stars as well. That would put us at 12/16 current commits at 4 stars class ranking would be way better then. CMR and staff ain’t striking out on every one of the big targets down the stretch just relax and enjoy this 10+ win season we gone have.

Ehhh think you’re being a little dramatic we already have 6 out of 16 commits who are 4 stars. I’m willing to bet Crowley, Harvey & Brooks will be 4 stars when the final rankings come out. While Munoz, Williams & Hodges have a good shot at becoming 4 stars as well. That would put us at 12/16 current commits at 4 stars class ranking would be way better then. CMR and staff ain’t striking out on every one of the big targets down the stretch just relax and enjoy this 10+ win season we gone have.
Too optimistic, an update has passed and none were upgraded. I do Agree that we do have several 3 stars who should be 4 stars right now in brooks, Williams, harvey

Advertisement
Who cares about recruiting rankings, the majority of these rankings are based on est work, all that matters is who wins on the field come game night. People got to many emotions tied to recruiting class rankings, when its based on needs and system fits. Who are these nerds that give these players rankings. How do they come up with who the 247th ranked player is or no. 50 when none of them have played a sown of college football. Than when a players starts balling they say "he was rated too low" by the nerd sites they screaming about he's out playing his ranking, how bout NO, they got it wrong, or if the player is rated high and plays like trash than they say, he's not living up to his ranking, how bout NO, they got it wrong. A player is not playing above or below the *** star rankings, they are playing the way they play. You either a balla or you're not.

This class is about reinforcements to the class before, so far so good.

Honestly is it realistic to expect top 5 classes? I mean since we aren’t in the bag game is it possible to get top 5 classes cuz the guys who are in the top 5 year in and year out are heavy into bags so 10-15 might be what is honestly realistic and actually really impressive

I believe if we just keep locking down the local guys and get enough of the top local guys and finish consistently in 10-15 range talent will not be the issue that keeps us from winning

As long as the staff keeps finding 3-4 local guys who clearly outplay their rankings Ala pinkney we’ll be straight

Advertisement
Honestly is it realistic to expect top 5 classes? I mean since we aren’t in the bag game is it possible to get top 5 classes cuz the guys who are in the top 5 year in and year out are heavy into bags so 10-15 might be what is honestly realistic and actually really impressive
We were a couple points away from top 5 last year(less than 5 actually) had we landed Campbell or jobe we would have been top 5. 6-10 is the reasonable range Miami should always be in. Don’t know if anyone noticed but they are underrating a lot of Florida kids period right now in the rankings the past couple of years. Look at the 5 star rankings by state Georgia has like 9 this year including Nolan smith who plays in Florida but is from Georgia whereas Florida only has 3 5 stars. That sh*t is crazy. With that being said since most of our guys are from Florida they won’t get the proper acknowledgement in rankings and that’s become very apparent recently

We were a couple points away from top 5 last year(less than 5 actually) had we landed Campbell or jobe we would have been top 5. 6-10 is the reasonable range Miami should always be in. Don’t know if anyone noticed but they are underrating a lot of Florida kids period right now in the rankings the past couple of years. Look at the 5 star rankings by state Georgia has like 9 this year including Nolan smith who plays in Florida but is from Georgia whereas Florida only has 3 5 stars. That sh*t is crazy. With that being said since most of our guys are from Florida they won’t get the proper acknowledgement in rankings and that’s become very apparent recently

That’s my point to be at the top you gotta have a top bag game but as long as the staff puts in work and keeps finding the pinkneys the garvins hopefully miller. Guys in the past like Feliciano as long as you have 3-4 of those guys in each class a class mostly of local guys ranked in the 10-15 should be enough from a talent standpoint

Advertisement
Who cares about recruiting rankings, the majority of these rankings are based on est work, all that matters is who wins on the field come game night. People got to many emotions tied to recruiting class rankings, when its based on needs and system fits. Who are these nerds that give these players rankings. How do they come up with who the 247th ranked player is or no. 50 when none of them have played a sown of college football. Than when a players starts balling they say "he was rated too low" by the nerd sites they screaming about he's out playing his ranking, how bout NO, they got it wrong, or if the player is rated high and plays like trash than they say, he's not living up to his ranking, how bout NO, they got it wrong. A player is not playing above or below the *** star rankings, they are playing the way they play. You either a balla or you're not.

This class is about reinforcements to the class before, so far so good.
"Who cares about recruiting rankings?" This whole **** board cares for one. We gonna act like the most active threads aren't the ones regarding blue chip recruits? Not to mention it's been proven time and time again that the best teams have a certain blue-chip ratio on their roster.

Also, look at the percentage of 5-stars that get drafted vs the percentage of 3-stars. Over 50% of 5-stars end up getting drafted versus less than 10% of 3-stars. Simply put, you're more likely to hit with a player the higher they're rated.

NFL Draft, recruiting rankings go hand in hand

If we beat LSU and get the momentum going again like last year, I think we'll see spots filling up fast. We lost 3 in a row and looked like crap against a couple other teams at the end. Need to prove we' belong in the discussion. ... If we do start picking up steam, I expect a couple of kids currently committed to end up elsewhere. So this ranking issue is very fluid, could go into the 5-10 range with another ACCCG appearance, or could end up 15-20 with a poor showing on the field.

Advertisement
Back