This Staff Plays Favorites By Keeping Certain Players out of the competition

Advertisement
baker is garbage, i've been telling you morons this for ages

that guy is flat out absolute trash. UAB shot themselves in the foot all night long, just like western michigan did last season. If they don't have a gazillion penalties we probably lose one of the two.
I agree he just has no feel for play calling

Just being real, coaches do have “ favorites” at any level... I’m not going up in arms over one game but this defensive staff has shown their love for upperclassmen. They would rather give up a 8 yard run vs a 45 yard run. You hear in their interviews all the time about not giving up the big play. Until those young guys are making almost zero mental errors in practice they aren’t going to unseat upperclassmen no matter the talent level. Amari and Zach do everything how the coaches want it from practice to walkthrough to film. Coaches love those types of guys and are going to do everything in their power to play those types of guys.. Even when they are clearly less talented than other guys behind them.

Just being real, coaches do have “ favorites” at any level... I’m not going up in arms over one game but this defensive staff has shown their love for upperclassmen. They would rather give up a 8 yard run vs a 45 yard run. You hear in their interviews all the time about not giving up the big play. Until those young guys are making almost zero mental errors in practice they aren’t going to unseat upperclassmen no matter the talent level. Amari and Zach do everything how the coaches want it from practice to walkthrough to film. Coaches love those types of guys and are going to do everything in their power to play those types of guys.. Even when they are clearly less talented than other guys behind them.
Older guys like Amari and Zach may know where to be, but it seems they lack the physical ability to get there, so then whats the point? And even tho Zach is an older more experienced player, he still falls for any little play fake or misdirection, and doesn't have the speed to recover.

Advertisement

Amari is not great. He is a liability in coverage, I think that is pretty clear to anyone that watches games. He's more suited for a LB / DB hybrid role than as pure DB. Clearly the guys behind him aren't blowing him away, or they would be playing more. We need more our of Gurvan.

Amari is not great. He is a liability in coverage, I think that is pretty clear to anyone that watches games. He's more suited for a LB / DB hybrid role than as pure DB. Clearly the guys behind him aren't blowing him away, or they would be playing more. We need more our of Gurvan.
Gurvan and Bubba are clearly better Safeties than Amari. I’m just saying coaches are going to continue to play him until Bubba and Gurvan do everything the way coaches want it done.. Banda said over the summer Amari was the only “ starter “ penciled in. Which seems crazy to me.

I don't even know what "playing favorites" means. They may prefer experienced players because they trust the more (perhaps to a fault).

Are they really saying, "Yeah, Williams is awesome, but he didn't remember my birthday last year, so - on the bench"

Advertisement
You guys can’t fall in love with stars man.. they maaan nothing when it comes to playing football, it’s all about greentree. These coaches aren’t scared to play the best player! That’s how we got Rayshawn Jenkins and redwine starting at saftey when they were low star guys but showed up everyday at practice and game day! Let the coaches coach

Advertisement
Brooks too.

You can't ******* tell me Ragone is better than those two. This staff is ridiculous.
Brooks too.

You can't ******* tell me Ragone is better than those two. This staff is ridiculous.
Right I agree with you 1000%. I actually thought the defense looked better with Brooks and Huff on the field than they did with Jennings and McCloud our there

Older guys like Amari and Zach may know where to be, but it seems they lack the physical ability to get there, so then whats the point? And even tho Zach is an older more experienced player, he still falls for any little play fake or misdirection, and doesn't have the speed to recover.
Zach is actually a great athlete but takes bad angles. Lacks instincts

Advertisement
Yeah big conspiracy. Coaches don’t really wanna to win and keep their jobs. Instead, they prefer to pick their favorite players and play those guys even if other guys are better. And I know this because I’m at every practice, just like OP, so I know all the little details that go into the decisions about PT.
🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫 don't let the big secret out.

There is no way Amari Carter is a better safety than Gilbert Frierson.. but Frierson was never given the opportunity to challenge him at the safety spot. The scheme is trash but Keontra Smith on the field with Frierson is much better than any one of those two on the field with Carter. If anybody should be the 3rd and 4th safeties in the rotation it should be Frierson and Keontra.

Same with LBers... lol at Jennings and Brooks being so much better than McCloud at MLB that they beat him out easily. But instead of the staff simply demoting him to 3rd string they automatically start him at WLB. So Sam Brooks can’t play WLB on the fly over Ragone but McCloud can and not only that he can start over everybody else that’s already lined up at that position??

I’ve been saying this day one since I saw Jon Ford.. he is the definition of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. How in the fck is he better than Jordan Miller or any other up and coming DT on our roster?? Ford shouldn’t even be in the 2 deep... so none of the guys behind those three are better than Ford??.. they moved a DT to DE to protect him smh.

The scheme is trash but the staff makes it worse with their favoritism and overall philosophy of playing anybody over a freshman including walk ons.
Post of the year

There is no way Amari Carter is a better safety than Gilbert Frierson.. but Frierson was never given the opportunity to challenge him at the safety spot. The scheme is trash but Keontra Smith on the field with Frierson is much better than any one of those two on the field with Carter. If anybody should be the 3rd and 4th safeties in the rotation it should be Frierson and Keontra.

Same with LBers... lol at Jennings and Brooks being so much better than McCloud at MLB that they beat him out easily. But instead of the staff simply demoting him to 3rd string they automatically start him at WLB. So Sam Brooks can’t play WLB on the fly over Ragone but McCloud can and not only that he can start over everybody else that’s already lined up at that position??

I’ve been saying this day one since I saw Jon Ford.. he is the definition of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. How in the fck is he better than Jordan Miller or any other up and coming DT on our roster?? Ford shouldn’t even be in the 2 deep... so none of the guys behind those three are better than Ford??.. they moved a DT to DE to protect him smh.

The scheme is trash but the staff makes it worse with their favoritism and overall philosophy of playing anybody over a freshman including walk ons.
Post of the year

A month later smh.... lol the only thing I would update is including Gurvan Hall in the same sentence with Amari Carter even though Carter is slightly better imo. Also never mentioning Jennings in the same sentence as Brooks unless it’s to show how much better Brooks is.

Advertisement
Back