This Staff Plays Favorites By Keeping Certain Players out of the competition

Advertisement
There is no way Amari Carter is a better safety than Gilbert Frierson.. but Frierson was never given the opportunity to challenge him at the safety spot. The scheme is trash but Keontra Smith on the field with Frierson is much better than any one of those two on the field with Carter. If anybody should be the 3rd and 4th safeties in the rotation it should be Frierson and Keontra.

Same with LBers... lol at Jennings and Brooks being so much better than McCloud at MLB that they beat him out easily. But instead of the staff simply demoting him to 3rd string they automatically start him at WLB. So Sam Brooks can’t play WLB on the fly over Ragone but McCloud can and not only that he can start over everybody else that’s already lined up at that position??

I’ve been saying this day one since I saw Jon Ford.. he is the definition of looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. How in the fck is he better than Jordan Miller or any other up and coming DT on our roster?? Ford shouldn’t even be in the 2 deep... so none of the guys behind those three are better than Ford??.. they moved a DT to DE to protect him smh.

The scheme is trash but the staff makes it worse with their favoritism and overall philosophy of playing anybody over a freshman including walk ons.
McCloud build like Tarzan but has the football IQ and instincts of Jane

Advertisement
Ok. Last year it was Bethel, Patchan, Pinckney, Knowles.
I hear you - but be honest. Knowles and Patchan ended up being rotation guys. Bolden doesn’t get hurt - Knowles snaps go dramatically. #15 got his snaps and went full blast. Pickney was starter. Bethel was productive- who should have played over him

Advertisement
Favoritism towards upperclassmen isn't unique in college football or this staff. They generally tend to be more physically developed and know their assignments better because of additional time in the system.

That being said, McCloud has never had good instincts and always seems to get caught out of position. Even watching them pre-snap and seeing how many times Jennings was directing him was painful. I'd rather take my lumps with a younger guy like Brooks over McCloud. I also liked what I saw from Steed in limited snaps.

Ivey is also a liability back there, though he has his occasional moments in games. Problem is everyone behind him is super green. Would like to see Couch or William's push.

I think Carter is at his best playing closer to the line of scrimmage. But he has some real issues in the open field and playing deep coverage. I'd rather see Hall and Bolden starting, with Carter subbed in as needed.

Ford's shortcomings are exaggerated, to my eye. He seems to do a lot of the dirty work inside. Not a pass rusher or guy who will make many plays behind the LOS, but he's stout most of the time. Coaches played a lot of DTs, though, so I am fine with him maintaining the starting spot for now, though I expect to see his snaps gradually decrease as guys like Miller and JHH keep coming on.

Last edited:
I have very little confidence in D staff period,....... Offense will improve as season goes on but the D???
do not like the scheme either . Bolden and Frierson seem best Safeties. rotate your D's and see who has the goods
LB's unsure like Brooks but have never felt that McCloud is an instinctual type football player .
would go with football players like Brooks all day long

Advertisement
that's why i have confidence in the O side of ball. good coaches in preparation and coaching. D side of the ball not so much
CMD had better be prepared to start overseeing D real soon

Aside from whether this is a valid criticism or not, one thing is clear.

Most CIS posters have never played an organized sport, that is clear.

With every team, in every sport, there are always players/parents/friends crying about coaches playing favorites.... and if you disagree with this, it just goes to show that you’ve never played a sport. Ever.

Advertisement
That kid was a 4 Star with offers from UNC, Texas and FSU. He ran a 4.22 shuttle.

You and your scraps post are full of ****.
You can take up for Rumph all you want, he needs to recruit and develop better players.. its facts, since you have his shuttle, what is his 40?

This thread and some of the takes are downright embarrassing.

Manny and Baker are literally coaching for their professional lives and some dimwits out there think they’re benching guys who give them a better chance to win cause they “like” some other kid more?

Jfc.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back