This program has been missing something for a while now.

Canesbball

Bran
That one signature player on your roster that every team in the country fears and has to really gameplan against. Every great team in the past has had one or 2 of those guys and it just seems like we haven't had anyone like that come through here in a long while. Bama had Ingram and now Trent. LSU has Matthieu, Auburn had Cam, UF had Tebow & Percy and the list goes on. Anyone else feel the same way?

Advertisement
Of course. I think Miller has that ability in him but honestly, when was the last time we had a legit Heisman candidate? Willis?

It goes hand in hand with this BS NFL excuse. Yeah we still get guys drafted but we have to squeeze them into the later rounds rather than having sure-fire first rounders year after year.

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 12,168
Of course. I think Miller has that ability in him but honestly, when was the last time we had a legit Heisman candidate? Willis?

It goes hand in hand with this BS NFL excuse. Yeah we still get guys drafted but we have to squeeze them into the later rounds rather than having sure-fire first rounders year after year.

Really thought J12 had that chance at the start of his Sophomore season when he was playing so well but we all know how that turned out. That's why a kid like Stefon Diggs would be so huge for us. Just having a talent like that on your roster makes a difference.

Honestly, Seantrel is probably that guy for us right now but he's an offensive lineman. This is more in terms of QB's and skill positions I'd say.

Attachments

• IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 12,354
Miller could be that guy but injuries and not yet hitting the curve with the physicality of being a big time back in limiting his potential. While he breaks tackles it's no secret that he has run very hesitant since UNC.

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 10,133
You need more than one guy because if you only have one then game plan to stop one you take the entire offense away. Right now I think Streeter is becoming a very viable #2 behind Miller. Defenses were ganging up to stop him and Streeter was blowing up the middle of the field because, all of a suddenly, Jacory found out he was a real QB. If we actually had a defense...well...never mind.

Attachments

• IMG_5721.jpg
    IMG_5721.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 12,511
Advertisement
I've been saying this for years.

We've have PLENTY of "good" players on our team (as evident in our draft success).

We just don't have any "great" players.

Anybody a little concerned, after last game, that Jacory will just start throwing it up to Streeter regardless of coverage or situation...like the old 'f-it I'm going deep' J12? Last game was the first time this season that Jacory seemed to revert to tossing it up and hoping for the best.

Don't get me wrong, if it works then fine. I just wonder if it becomes a bit of a crutch now since it worked relatively well.

Then again, we're 4-4 so who gives a crap.

Anybody a little concerned, after last game, that Jacory will just start throwing it up to Streeter regardless of coverage or situation...like the old 'f-it I'm going deep' J12? Last game was the first time this season that Jacory seemed to revert to tossing it up and hoping for the best.

Don't get me wrong, if it works then fine. I just wonder if it becomes a bit of a crutch now since it worked relatively well.

Yeah, if everything keeps getting placed squarely on his shoulders with no help. Miller tore up teams the first few games so everyone started stacking the box with the intent of shutting him down and making Jacory beat them. Even though Jacory has balled his *** off during those games when the run was not there teams still seem content to go with that strategy. If Jacory is forced to put up 30 passes a game, coupled with the need to score every drive to keep us in it (thanks defense), he's going to chuck a few deep ones he shouldn't.

Luckily, Fisch isn't living by the deep ball the way Whipple did, so those types of passes should be minimal.

lulz

Advertisement
I see what ur saying... If there is 1 position that we need one of those guys at is DEFENSIVE TACKLE... we havnt had a guy since Wilfork to be THAT GUY... I thought Forston could do it. But that hasn't been the case. Jmo..

I remember we use to bash the **** outta Orien Harris, but now id take him back in a heartbeat LOL

Sean Taylor is the most dominant player I have ever seen with my own two eyes. I would say that the last gamechanger we had was...... Probably Taylor in 03... Maybe Gore in 04..

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know what this team's problem is? Too much brains. Not enough **** and balls.

Advertisement
Back