This OL is Bad

True, but his hiring process has been suspect.

From his son , Searles and even Diaz.
And lets be honest, there are a crap ton of bad dudes out there coaching kids these days. And I would rather err on the side of knowing I shar a belief that tells me to love one another above all else than some douche like that kid from Ohio State. But the negative comments about the bible are just unfair and unbiased. Ones faith if anything tells them to act upright, and do a good job. So doing your best at work is in reality an act of faithfulness. So to throw it in his face in a back handed comment, is to me like bringing someones kids into it. Theres just no place for it. There are a million other words that can be used to tear someone apart with, but I can't get down on using his faith.

Advertisement
And lets be honest, there are a crap ton of bad dudes out there coaching kids these days. And I would rather err on the side of knowing I shar a belief that tells me to love one another above all else than some douche like that kid from Ohio State. But the negative comments about the bible are just unfair and unbiased. Ones faith if anything tells them to act upright, and do a good job. So doing your best at work is in reality an act of faithfulness. So to throw it in his face in a back handed comment, is to me like bringing someones kids into it. Theres just no place for it. There are a million other words that can be used to tear someone apart with, but I can't get down on using his faith.

I agree about having good people , but I also want the best guys. Your religious beliefs should have nothing to do with hiring. I mean just because you’re religious doesn’t mean you’re good people .....just the Catholic Church alone throws that out.

I get religion is very important to some people but hiring others based upon their religious beliefs is, and should be, illegal. Not saying Richt did that but if he did, he deserves all the crap he receives.

True, but his hiring process has been suspect.

From his son , Searles and even Diaz.

He is playing with Art's kids primarily. Reed, Scaife and Campbell are going to get more and more reps as the season progresses. Donaldson is out of position.

I don't give a single solitary fvck about anything other than winning football games.

All that other schyt is lame.

Advertisement
I agree about having good people , but I also want the best guys. Your religious beliefs should have nothing to do with hiring. I mean just because you’re religious doesn’t mean you’re good people .....just the Catholic Church alone throws that out.
Valid Point on catholics... lol. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It should and needs to be about finding the best guys. Hopefully CMR will have what it takes to make a move if/when that time comes. Or maybe he turns into a go down with the ship type of guy.. I hope he starts making changes this year, there are a few to be made.

He is playing with Art's kids primarily. Reed, Scaife and Campbell are going to get more and more reps as the season progresses. Donaldson is out of position.

I haven’t been hard on Searles but it’s time to start judging his ***. It’s year three.

Just like the Richts and the qb’s.

I don't give a single solitary fvck about anything other than winning football games.

All that other schyt is lame.
Then talk football. Complain about football. Don't bring up his beliefs to downplay his coaching as if one has something to do with the other. Thats my point

I haven’t been hard on Searles but it’s time to start judging his ***. It’s year three.

Just like the Richts and the qb’s.

Be hard all you want but Reed and Scaife are moving Mahoney and Jones out. Not impressed with Boulware. Like to see more of Campbell. The other two redshirt freshmen have potential.

Advertisement
Be hard all you want but Reed and Scaife are moving Mahoney and Jones out. Not impressed with Boulware. Like to see more of Campbell. The other two redshirt freshmen have potential.

I’d rolled with them from the rip, experience is overrated. Give me talent.

Scaife should’ve been an instant starter , he’s that good.

If Uga can have Fr and Rs Fr playing today we can too.

I’d rolled with them from the rip, experience is overrated. Give me talent.

Scaife should’ve been an instant starter , he’s that good.

If Uga can have Fr and Rs Fr playing today we can too.

Well, it isn't overrated. It is clear these kids are superior athletes. Schedule sets up nicely to work them in before conference play.

Then talk football. Complain about football. Don't bring up his beliefs to downplay his coaching as if one has something to do with the other. Thats my point

but they have everything to do with each other.

his fundamentalist belief is to use football to spread the gospel, and it impacts how he runs his team and hires his coaches.

HE brought that **** to the table when he started his first practice by handing out his cultist bibles to every player. That was totally uncalled for and inappropriate. Now I wouldnt mind, but when you make an *** of yourself to close year 2 and start year three, then I will question your approach and priorities as a coach.

They legitimately struggled to run the ball against a bottom feeding FCS school in the first half of this game tonight. They still get no push in short yardage situations. I am legitimately as concerned about our OL as I am about the QB situation right now.
Been saying this since the spring. It’s pretty embarrassing. Searles needs to get out

Advertisement
I think if we ran the ball vertically under center instead of stretched or delayed RPO every snap we would have better results. I don't disagree with you but I don't think we are helping our weakness, just exposing it.

maybe you x and o guys can chime in but the oline philosophy seems to be the equivalent of the dorito frog stance for the dline. they don't fire OFF the line so much as they just stand up and occupy a d lineman and let the rb find the hole instead of create the hole, and i don't see them working to the second level much.

boulware was an upgrade over jones/mahoney which isn't saying much but hes better than them. not sure why donaldson seems to be some sacred cow around here, i know he's just a true soph but he doesn't really set the world ablaze out there either.

searles has three games to play and shuffle everyone in plenty to find the best five before fsu. i'll be patient through the next three games but if mahoney/jones are still the starting guards come fsu i'll know 100% that searles ain't it.

This is truth. Once Rosier came out, their DC crapped his pants and said, "OMG, they're ready to pass."

The garbage posted on here is staggering.

When rosier was in they stacked the box and we couldn't run at all. The rest of the game we ran at will and broke a 75 yard run for a TD. explain that wise guy.

Don't beat against it as the season progresses. At least Scaife and Reed with Scaife moving to right tackle and Donaldson moving inside.
19504204.gif

Advertisement
Just IMO id like to see LT Tyree LG Donaldson C Tyler RG Reed RT Scaife. I think Scaife would hold his own an give us some power at both guard spots!

I never understood the hire. His technique was cut blocks at prior jobs...oh well....

they don't fire OFF the line so much as they just stand up and occupy a d lineman and let the rb find the hole instead of create the hole, and i don't see them working to the second level much.

With our shotgun RPO, that's pretty much what it is. BOB (big on big). Can't go up to next level depending on route combos (lineman down field). Put a hat on the guy in front of you and hold on. Everything is delayed, which further exposes an already weak OL.

This was Savannah State. Not being able to open gaping holes for the backs to run through in the first half is very disturbing. The younger guys on the OL can't grow up fast enough.

As others have said, QB is a problem. But QB won't matter much if the OL is terrible. Real teams will destroy an OL that played like this one played tonight.

Advertisement
Back