This OL is Bad

this is another position (similar to the QBs) where freshmen should play lots in the next two games and we should see 1 or two of them starting vs North Carolina. Regardless of class lets get the best 5 playing by conference games.

Advertisement
I've been beating this drum for a while. We're still 2+ recruting cycles from fixing this issue. Searles needs to land Neal and another stud or take a hike.

Corch Rix got his bible buddy paid.
Dude, I gotta call this out. That is so unfair. His beliefs have nothing to do with whether or not the OL coach is doing a good job. I love the way some people love to hold this guys faith over his head and use it in such a negative way. I agree, right now the OL is bad. Right now Richt has some big time coaching up to do to get this team where we all think it should be. But his faith is what makes him the man he is. Not the coach he is. As a man I HIGHLY doubt you would even sniff his jock. So let it GO!

Our play calling/design doesn't do them any favors. It's the same look every time. No pre-snap motion, just long developing read option with little QB threat. If we ran a different system (or this one efficiently) I firmly believe we'd see different results.

Advertisement
Dude, I gotta call this out. That is so unfair. His beliefs have nothing to do with whether or not the OL coach is doing a good job. I love the way some people love to hold this guys faith over his head and use it in such a negative way. I agree, right now the OL is bad. Right now Richt has some big time coaching up to do to get this team where we all think it should be. But his faith is what makes him the man he is. Not the coach he is. As a man I HIGHLY doubt you would even sniff his jock. So let it GO!

So hes a better man bc he is a zealot? bc he handed out bibles to all the players? this is a university and football program, not a ******* seminary.

they're complete trash, idc if the freshmen looked better since they're more talented

some bottom tier program should never go head to head with anyone on your roster at this level of play

in addition, wvery single corch on this staph is a jesus freak.

it leads me to believe that corch rix puts an undue value on whether a coach beliefs in his extremist views.

perhaps if he cared more about hiring great coaches instead of other cultists he wouldnt be staring down a mediocre third season?

Advertisement
Starting offensive line recruiting ranking average (per 247) is an .8791. While that's not bad on its face, the interior rotation is an .8508 (Mahoney, Jones, Boulware, Gauthier, Gaynor). That's horrendous for what should be a Top 25 Power 5 Team. Its basically a bunch of low end three-star jobbers. We shouldn't act surprised they don't get a push and are beaten off the snap regularly. Its exacerbated by below average coaching. Its no secret Searles has been spotty (good results here and there, but hardly consistent) over his career.

The raw number isn't coached up at all...which is something you'd see at pretty much every Power 5 Top 25 team do with a similar number.

St. Louis and Donaldson have seemingly maxed out as All Conference 2nd/3rd Team types. Donaldson wasn't great as a freshman (40-something grade per PFF) and has seemingly taken a step back through two games with the kick out to tackle. St. Louis is, what he is...a nice finesse pass blocker but not a very good run blocker and gets pushed around too much for my liking.

The line dramatically needs Scaife and Reed to get on the field - and be legit - ASAP.

I'm going to be very worried if some of these three star developmental tackles don't pan out because OL is going to get uglier moving forward if not.

That boy Gaynor has tremendously improved. Once he came in, the middle started to open up

Our play calling/design doesn't do them any favors. It's the same look every time. No pre-snap motion, just long developing read option with little QB threat. If we ran a different system (or this one efficiently) I firmly believe we'd see different results.
I’m certainly not the biggest fan of Richt as a play caller but that wan’t the issue tonight. We played Savannah State. We should be able to line up and run the ball down their throats at will. They physically beat our OL in the first half tonight.

Georgia was playing 3 sophomores and a freshman in their O-Line today, we need to turn it over to one or two ot the youngsters if they cant run or pick up a blitz

Advertisement
That boy Gaynor has tremendously improved. Once he came in, the middle started to open up

Gaynor isn't bad. But, its Savannah State. His lack of overall size won't be a weakness against a bunch of interior defensive linemen he weighs more than.

Advertisement
The first five as a unit is so slow, they provide no intensity at all it just meh. the whole team will be infused with the youngster all year. Jennings looks fantastic athletically as well as Carter.

Too many game balls to give out tonight...maybe the could give out paper bags to the oline minus donaldson for their run blocking efforts

No QB on this earth can be successful behind that **** show of a OL.

Starting offensive line recruiting ranking average (per 247) is an .8791. While that's not bad on its face, the interior rotation is an .8508 (Mahoney, Jones, Boulware, Gauthier, Gaynor). That's horrendous for what should be a Top 25 Power 5 Team. Its basically a bunch of low end three-star jobbers. We shouldn't act surprised they don't get a push and are beaten off the snap regularly. Its exacerbated by below average coaching. Its no secret Searles has been spotty (good results here and there, but hardly consistent) over his career.

The raw number isn't coached up at all...which is something you'd see at pretty much every Power 5 Top 25 team do with a similar number.

St. Louis and Donaldson have seemingly maxed out as All Conference 2nd/3rd Team types. Donaldson wasn't great as a freshman (40-something grade per PFF) and has seemingly taken a step back through two games with the kick out to tackle. St. Louis is, what he is...a nice finesse pass blocker but not a very good run blocker and gets pushed around too much for my liking.

The line dramatically needs Scaife and Reed to get on the field - and be legit - ASAP.

I'm going to be very worried if some of these three star developmental tackles don't pan out because OL is going to get uglier moving forward if not.

Donaldson has maxed out 2 games into his sophomore year? Is this a joke? Please stop.

Advertisement
Back