This is why Parrish and Franklin have a great opportunity

This is gonna be a Don/Citizen battle for lead back with Parrish and Rooster being your 3rd down/pass catching backs who should be on the field at all times in packages

Advertisement
This is gonna be a Don/Citizen battle for lead back with Parrish and Rooster being your 3rd down/pass catching backs who should be on the field at all times in packages

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m all in on a healthy Cheney. And I wouldn’t count Franklin out either. If Knighton is used properly he’ll be a major weapon, too. Gattis is going to have to get everyone on the field in some role. We have some great Opportunities to cause mismatches!

This reads like a lizard thread. 4 star this and 5 star that as far as running backs go, and a near-complete unwillingness to face the reality of our line.

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m all in on a healthy Cheney. And I wouldn’t count Franklin out either. If Knighton is used properly he’ll be a major weapon, too. Gattis is going to have to get everyone on the field in some role. We have some great Opportunities to cause mismatches!
Yup, Gattis needs to earn his check this year because we all know we don’t have a true alpha(yet) at WR so we need to make sure we are using these playmakers. Love to see some packages with two or three RBs moving them around trying to find the mismatch

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just don’t think you can say for sure that he’s faster than Don or Rooster based on high school film. Both he and Don are/were four star recruits. I’d be fine if he was that dude, but I want to see him first.
From what I’ve seen in years past, we have done this for years. Matter of fact this site has been saying this same thing about Don for the last couple of years. That’s all I’m saying. If this dude was a can’t miss I believe he’d have been both unavailable for us to pick up so late in the game and a 5* prospect.
Happy to be wrong. But I’ve gotta see a dude play against other studs before I make those claims.
Don is the best combination of power and speed of any back on the roster and the coaches knew it last year and the new coaches will know it come August if he's healthy.

I can't put much into who beat out who last year based on who was calling the shots Coaching... Bad Coaching decisions don't determine who and what that player really is... Yes it affects the player and team for the moment but it doesn't define the player.... With the new staff we should see better decisions across the board resulting in a fairer look at what our players can do....

Cam stayed on top of the depth chart because of production, not bad coaching.

Under Lashlee - Cam - 5.3 ypc - Chaney - 4.6 ypc - Knighton - 3.9 ypc

Cam averaged 5.2 ypc under Richt + Enos - so he had similar production in 2 other systems.

I could very well be wrong, but that's why I think while the new "system" will be better, it won't have the major effect people are thinking it will.

Cam averaged 5.2 ypc under Richt + Enos - so he had similar production in 2 other systems.

I could very well be wrong, but that's why I think while the new "system" will be better, it won't have the major effect people are thinking it will.
Cam would get 15 carries a game and have 1 50 yard run and 14 runs that went for 1-2 yards. His stats were always misleading. Don and Rooster’s numbers will look a lot better with a better OL blocking scheme and playcalling

Advertisement
Cam would get 15 carries a game and have 1 50 yard run and 14 runs that went for 1-2 yards. His stats were always misleading. Don and Rooster’s numbers will look a lot better with a better OL blocking scheme and playcalling

But why didn’t Chaney and Rooster score those long TDs? They are explosive runners and not grinders.

Vs ACC teams under Lashlee:

Cam = 123 carries / 7 20+ yd carries / 5 30+ yd carries - 20+ yd run every 17 carries
Knighton = 188 carries / 3 20+ yd carries / 1 30+ yd carry - 20+ yd run every 62 carries

Cam was too boom or bust & had flaws for sure. Difference is Cam at least hit some HR's & Knighton hasn't (yet). A 190 lb grinder isn't very effective either.

I agree with you & expect Knighton's numbers to go up this year. But if he goes from 3.9 ypc to 5.2 ypc - it'll be a huge improvement, but it's still only an improvement to a Cam Harris type level.

I hope I didn't come across as to be disagreeing with you... I wasn't.... Just overall it's hard to put much into the coaching of last year relating to the players... They all got affected by it...

Advertisement
I hope I didn't come across as to be disagreeing with you... I wasn't.... Just overall it's hard to put much into the coaching of last year relating to the players... They all got affected by it...
All good - same for me.

I agree the coaching & scheme wasn't good - my point is only that Cam was able to do more than Chaney/Knighton with the same situation.

I agree coaching & scheme will be better this year - I just think the RB's need to also step up their game too.

But why didn’t Chaney and Rooster score those long TDs? They are explosive runners and not grinders.

Too much fitting of stats to an argument. Just go to the film to see who were the more naturally gifted backs.

OL and scheme and physical readiness for the P5 were what held Chaney and Rooster back. All those have been at least partially addressed. Which is why I expect ... even demand ... that Gattis make use of all his weapons if healthy. They're going to deliver on those explosive plays this season.

To my recollection, Chaney at Belen was the definition of a grinder. They ran the kid up and down the field.

Yes he is explosive as well, but I am genuinely curious what brought you to this assessment?

Advertisement
Back