This is why Parrish and Franklin have a great opportunity

When you're 122nd in the nation, you can't blame it all on the OL. We weren't the worst OL in the nation and they were running into light boxes.

Knighton is one of the best playmakers in the ACC but hasn't done much as a runner. Career 3.9 yards per carry. And he's had off-the-field stuff which makes him difficult to count on.

Chaney is an obvious talent but it hasn't happened yet. It's been two years and he still hasn't had a long TD run. That's supposed to be his game. He's not a consistent gainer and he hasn't pass blocked well. Cam (who is flawed) was way more explosive than he was with the same line.

Again, we all know those two have talent. But you can't rely on it. Pay attention to Kevin Smith's actions. There is a reason we went so hard after Citizen and Parrish.
This post is why we have to remember Manny’s poor practice structure and overall preparation.

The execution breakdowns were serious and across the board. All of our players are not overrated.

You play like you practice. We practiced like trash so we looked liked trash on gameday. Mario will fix this.

Advertisement
Does anyone know why Lashlee had 1 running play? Because as great of a OC he was with everything else, he seemingly shot himself in the foot here over and over again. Baffling when smart ppl are so stupid sometimes
He had more than one but his rushing offense was very simplistic. Did you notice how the inside zone became less prevalent once TVD took over? Did you also notice how when King was at QB that Lashlee would run that inside zone play as if he had to run it? No matter what the offense was doing or how hot we were on a drive, with King, Lashlee would always go back to running that play into the teeth of the defense for no gain. It was almost as if he was trying to reset the offense. Most of that had to do with King and his height. Lash needed to keep the LBs as close to the LOS as possible so King could see over them and so he could execute that RPO slant. When TVD took over this was no longer an issue and Lashlee could open up his playbook and run things that Kind could not run. Even with the QB change, Lashlee's running offense was still very vanilla and overly simplistic.

Advertisement
I actually would be surprised if Parrish doesn’t start the year RB1 for us. Him or Don with citizen earning reps as the year goes on. I’d like to see knighton flexed out and used how we attempted to use brashard last year

If Citizen Cane ends up our best back this season we are going 15-0 because those other backs are very good too.

Or

It means we are 0-12 because the other guys are injured/suspended.

Last edited:
Look at what Gattis did at Michigan and what he looks for...running backs that get the most touches need to have complete skillsets and both guys were getting over 5ypt.

Their career best output...

Henry Parrish - 126 touches 5.8ypt
Don Chaney - 79 touches, 5.9ypt
Jaylan Knighton - 165 touches, 5.1ypt

I like Knighton quite a bit, but I think its pretty obvious that he's got some limitations as a lead back with what we have seen so far. Perhaps, and maybe we are hopeful a new OL coach, some new OL, a new OC unlocks some more from him as a back, but as is, it'd be wise looking for a runner that can get more efficiency out of (hopefully) 200+ carries. On to Don Chaney, I think its a legit concern that he is a 200+ carry back because of injury and for Parrish because he simply has not done so yet...however, to Parrish's credit, he was playing behind two players that will be on NFL rosters next year.

Advertisement
Look at these RB’s if Chaney returns healthy would I’d be safe to say we got the best RB backfield in the country?

GOCANES

Advertisement
He's by far the most complete.
How can we say this? He’s never carried the ball in a CFB game?
Don is a good blocker, has solid hands and shown legit burst. Injury prone, I know.
Rooster has high end speed, great hands is on ok blocker. Tough kid.
Parrish has shown some legit skills at Ole Miss.
yet this kid is the most complete? I’m not saying he’s not talented but goodness that’s a bold statement.

How can we say this? He’s never carried the ball in a CFB game?
Don is a good blocker, has solid hands and shown legit burst. Injury prone, I know.
Rooster has high end speed, great hands is on ok blocker. Tough kid.
Parrish has shown some legit skills at Ole Miss.
yet this kid is the most complete? I’m not saying he’s not talented but goodness that’s a bold statement.

It's not a bold statement at all based on what he brings to the locker room; elite size & physique, strength, speed, balance, agility, vision, and the natural ability he displays on film makes him a complete RB. He looks like a more athletic version of Willis and "can start for most power 5 programs".

Citizen Cane walks in with our best size/speed combination day 1, and his change of direction/acceleration appears to be really good as well. Clear as day if you watch his film...

Get ready for some 46 Power-O!

Last edited:
I just don’t think you can say for sure that he’s faster than Don or Rooster based on high school film. Both he and Don are/were four star recruits. I’d be fine if he was that dude, but I want to see him first.
From what I’ve seen in years past, we have done this for years. Matter of fact this site has been saying this same thing about Don for the last couple of years. That’s all I’m saying. If this dude was a can’t miss I believe he’d have been both unavailable for us to pick up so late in the game and a 5* prospect.
Happy to be wrong. But I’ve gotta see a dude play against other studs before I make those claims.

Advertisement
I just don’t think you can say for sure that he’s faster than Don or Rooster based on high school film. Both he and Don are/were four star recruits. I’d be fine if he was that dude, but I want to see him first.
From what I’ve seen in years past, we have done this for years. Matter of fact this site has been saying this same thing about Don for the last couple of years. That’s all I’m saying. If this dude was a can’t miss I believe he’d have been both unavailable for us to pick up so late in the game and a 5* prospect.
Happy to be wrong. But I’ve gotta see a dude play against other studs before I make those claims.

Weren’t all 5 RBs on our roster 4 stars? These guys are going to be very good.

Last edited:
Not sure about Thad and Rooster. High three low four? But I thought Don was a 5 then dropped. The old UM ratings drop.. lol

How good is Trevonte citizen long speed? That’s important
Trevonte Citizen 11.31. Donald Chaney has the fastest on the team that I have seen at 10.77 and 10.88 in 10th grade. Do not know if Trevonte was much of a track guy. Some guys run track year round and will have better track times than players that train for football half the year. Some players will only run track for one season or more just to help keep in running shape for football where their real focus is at and get a half *** time. Running on a track just focusing on your start and running motion with no one in front of you is way different than playing football.

Some other times. Te' Cory Couch 10.85 Tyrique Stevenson at 10.88 Will Mallory 10.99 not bad for 6' 5" and 240 pounds. Chris Graves 11.01 Henry Parrish 11.09 Malik Curtis 11.13. Tae Williams 11.20 as a freshmen in highschool. Jaylon Knighton 11.28 Trevonte Citizen 11.31 Keontra Smith 11.35 Khamauri Rodgers 11.38

Advertisement
Back