This is who Manny Diaz is...

Rex Ryan would be a great option at Miami. His players are disciplined and will run through a brick wall for him. He has that old school Miami Swag mentality. Our defense would be elite under Rex. The only thing I would worry about is offense. What's crazy Manny didn't even have half the resume as Rex and we hired him without interviewing anyone
Nepotism, it's the Miami way.

Advertisement
I never comment in here but I hate people who blame the coach all the time. Manny didn't make Hall blow two coverages. He didn't make Scaife get beat and give up a sack fumble. He wasn't the reason they couldn't win up front. Nor was it his fault they missed tackles. You guys want the man to coach, run the ball, catch, tackle, kick and everything else. When do you guys ever just put blame on the players. Are they ever responsible are they not able to make plays on their own? They played sloppy didn't do assignments and got handled up front period. That's mental and physical things he can't help them with they have to own that get off Manny jock please!!!
If Mannure was coaching bama and Coach Saban was with the canes; we would have been better developed, better focused, and better prepared than a Mannure coached bama team full of 4 & 5***. Both offensive and defensive game plans were terrible, and then they made little to no adjustments as the young fr qb got more comfortable by the series.

Play on the field or the fight you see from the team is a representation of the coaching and culture of its leaders (more specifically the coaches)

Manny Diaz was never qualified to be a Power 5 HC, the best he could do was get a middle of the road G5 job. Despite having numerous interested competent candidates such as Rex Ryan, Mario Cristobal, Lane Kiffin and other's. We decided to not interview any of them and paid Temple 4M for Diaz before he coached a game! Manny is a used car salesman, he talks a good game but when it comes down to actually coaching football he's a fraud. Literally every big game Diaz has been our HC we have showed unprepared and got out coached! NC State, VT, Clemson, FIU, Duke, LA Tech, Alabama, North Carolina twice and Oklahoma State. Any competent HC Manny goes against takes him to school
It shouldn’t have taken this most recent embarrassment to come to that obvious conclusion, but the real culprits are from the AD’s office and up.

We get out of the grasp of corrupt Shalala who rules in 2002 that this school will never spend more than $2 million on a head coach. Mark Richt gets $4 million (way behind still the cream of college football) and we go backwards and hire a mediocre DC because he was so brilliant to focus Miami back on attacking QBs?!

He now recently fires his understudy DC and opts not to hire a great DC to replace, but rather do what no head coach, much less a 2 year one, would do and also do that job.

Was that his choice? I would be curious to know. Is it possible UM has become so cheap that they didn’t want to have to deal with a DC salary this year…or are they do stupid so as to think Manny is legendary enough to wear more than one hat?

This bull**** should end at some point, but I literally see no end in sight. It is like UM has basically quit financially and otherwise in football and it is more depressing by the year.

I never comment in here but I hate people who blame the coach all the time. Manny didn't make Hall blow two coverages. He didn't make Scaife get beat and give up a sack fumble. He wasn't the reason they couldn't win up front. Nor was it his fault they missed tackles. You guys want the man to coach, run the ball, catch, tackle, kick and everything else. When do you guys ever just put blame on the players. Are they ever responsible are they not able to make plays on their own? They played sloppy didn't do assignments and got handled up front period. That's mental and physical things he can't help them with they have to own that get off Manny jock please!!!
The problem with that comment is you take any blame off of the people the university is making millionaires to coach these kids up and prepare them. Absolutely these kids didn't show up and didn't perform. At what point do you see it as an issue that we had an entire off-season to put together a gameplan and drill these kids on it... Because I'm sorry this wasn't some awakening for me. I told y'all months ago what we would need to do and how to approach it. This is a game that's won or lost in the trenches on most days and this flash and bang nonsense will never account for that. I'm not upset with Manny because I came to terms with him as a coach long ago. I'm more upset with lashlee honestly because how he approached this game was blatantly pathetic. Zero preparation and a horrible gameplan. Manny just called the game he's known for and what y'all think he's so great for. No biggie there cause it's Blake James and our moron fans that give him power and acceptance. I blame our fan base for the tragedy that is um football. Just be fans and stay the fvck out of the day to day y'all know nothing about.

Advertisement
I always thought administrations want to make as much money as possible.

It seems thats not the case here.
But that's what you guys aren't understanding. The administration did make as much money as possible here as well as personally for quite a few members of the board. At the end of the day they are business people outside of the university of Miami. Just like that fvck boy Marcus lemonis said it's about an A in the class room. Any possible way they can justify this they will.

It shouldn’t have taken this most recent embarrassment to come to that obvious conclusion, but the real culprits are from the AD’s office and up.

We get out of the grasp of corrupt Shalala who rules in 2002 that this school will never spend more than $2 million on a head coach. Mark Richt gets $4 million (way behind still the cream of college football) and we go backwards and hire a mediocre DC because he was so brilliant to focus Miami back on attacking QBs?!

He now recently fires his understudy DC and opts not to hire a great DC to replace, but rather do what no head coach, much less a 2 year one, would do and also do that job.

Was that his choice? I would be curious to know. Is it possible UM has become so cheap that they didn’t want to have to deal with a DC salary this year…or are they do stupid so as to think Manny is legendary enough to wear more than one hat?

This bull**** should end at some point, but I literally see no end in sight. It is like UM has basically quit financially and otherwise in football and it is more depressing by the year.
He didn't fire ****. He lucked into two perfect situations with his two buddy's leaving for upgrades and turned around and botched it like Hollywood lypo.

But that's what you guys aren't understanding. The administration did make as much money as possible here as well as personally for quite a few members of the board. At the end of the day they are business people outside of the university of Miami. Just like that fvck boy Marcus lemonis said it's about an A in the class room. Any possible way they can justify this they will.
they havent, otherwise, they would invest more into football.

He didn't fire ****. He lucked into two perfect situations with his two buddy's leaving for upgrades and turned around and botched it like Hollywood lypo.
Oh really dip****? You think Blake was the DC of all time? He fired his little ***** protege because he had no choice. Baker should have never been hired at all. You hire an unproven head coach, you surround his *** with veterans like L$U did with Ed O, tho, your probably a little young to know who that is

Advertisement
Oh really dip****? You think Blake was the DC of all time? He fired his little ***** protege because he had no choice. Baker should have never been hired at all. You hire an unproven head coach, you surround his *** with veterans like L$U did with Ed O, tho, your probably a little young to know who that is
Are you ****** Stoopid? Blake was a ****** joke who never should've had a job much like his namesake at ad. However the point was it wasn't Blake who was responsible for what was going on. Mandy was responsible for all of that from the hiring and the promoting of his bartender buddy. He lucked into his butt buddies getting hired elsewhere. But he didn't fire either of them. The bartender was forced out by board and Blake was looking at a demotion on paper but in reality he would've been the position coach by title for what he actually was responsible for here. Mandy lucked in to both getting hired elsewhere & y'all believing he was responsible for pushing them out. & By the way ed isn't & want anywhere near an unproven head coach at that point. They simply did exactly what you'd like a university to do and surround your staff with as much proven experience as possible. Thanks for the lesson though unk. Lord knows I can always use the lessons on here.

Everyone with a brain saw it wasn't a good hire. Fans here some are mega slurpers and would sniff a line off Manny's dyk.....then u have the others that talk themselves into it....then they try to talk us mopes into it. It will be the same for the next bad HC we hire. U have the fans like me (hate to use the term) woke and u can't fool us like u can't fool the WEZ....then u have the middle men who say ok fuq it let's go....then u have the worshippers/zealots who would die for the coach. Then they will die for the next HC while mocking us smart fans until they go into hiding when everything's uncovered. They always puff their chest out at the beginning of a tenure before everything is undressed, then they proceed to hide and change the user names.

Advertisement
Dude....you're talking to a former Miami player (Starter) from the 90s....Too young to know who Orgeron is???...calling the Man a Dipsh*t, who's forgotten more about UM FB than you can fathom??....smfh

Last edited:
Advertisement
This team isn’t supposed to be competing w Alabama. They’re not able to keep up with that kind of spending. This isn’t a admin problem, or a coaching problem. It’s an expectations problem. We need to adjust our expectations
That's okay but if you adjust the expectations, UM might as well be playing at FIU's stadium. This is not a college town, you won't get 17 thousand fans to go to a game. The thinking needs to change, you have to look at the $ spend on football as an investment, not a cost. I bet UM has wasted more $ on buyouts, lost fans, etc by hiring on the cheap, in lieu of hiring a head coach with pedigree.

Manny is a symptom of a greater disease.

The administration at the University of Miami doesn't give a flying F about football. The fact an underqualified, previously-fired-as-a-coordinator, Manny Diaz even got this job tells you everything you need to know about football at Miami.
agree: you don't have any Sam Jancovich roaming the halls

That's okay but if you adjust the expectations, UM might as well be playing at FIU's stadium. This is not a college town, you won't get 17 thousand fans to go to a game. The thinking needs to change, you have to look at the $ spend on football as an investment, not a cost. I bet UM has wasted more $ on buyouts, lost fans, etc by hiring on the cheap, in lieu of hiring a head coach with pedigree.
I think you’re dead wrong here. The interest in this team isn’t any less than it was 10 years ago, yet we’ve been a second/third tier program the entire time. The people who need to adjust expectations are us. The few hundred hardcore fans who post here year round. Everybody else understands that we aren’t Alabama and never will be.

Also… they have invested in the program. Beautiful new building, IPF etc. Competitive salaries for HC and assistants, And we haven’t won any more than prior to the investments.

investing in this program is risky. Don’t pretend thst any amount of money wouid guarantee a championship. It won’t. People forget that Alabama escalated spending while they were already winning. They had zero risk. They knew they had the winning formula they just had to maintain.

if Miami goes full bama and decides to be all in, there’s no guarantee that the results would be any different than what we have now. Look at penn state. Look at (insert high priced bust of a coach). If Miami goes this route and fails, there’s huge repercussions that go beyond football.

they’re never going to risk so much for football, and I don’t blame them anymore.

I think you’re dead wrong here. The interest in this team isn’t any less than it was 10 years ago, yet we’ve been a second/third tier program the entire time. The people who need to adjust expectations are us. The few hundred hardcore fans who post here year round. Everybody else understands that we aren’t Alabama and never will be.

Also… they have invested in the program. Beautiful new building, IPF etc. Competitive salaries for HC and assistants, And we haven’t won any more than prior to the investments.

investing in this program is risky. Don’t pretend thst any amount of money wouid guarantee a championship. It won’t. People forget that Alabama escalated spending while they were already winning. They had zero risk. They knew they had the winning formula they just had to maintain.

if Miami goes full bama and decides to be all in, there’s no guarantee that the results would be any different than what we have now. Look at penn state. Look at (insert high priced bust of a coach). If Miami goes this route and fails, there’s huge repercussions that go beyond football.

they’re never going to risk so much for football, and I don’t blame them anymore.
no risk no reward, that's business :

Advertisement
Back