This is who Manny Diaz is...

This is why its better to just pay the money for a quality coach because we losing money in the long run.
Exactly. I never understood being cheap on the front end when you know if you hire the Randy Shannon's and Manny Diaz's of the world you'll be firing them, paying a buyout for years and then have to pay millions to a new coach and a new staff. Why not just pay 6-7 million now to an elite coach upfront and get positive results? This administration is incompetent.

Advertisement
no one knows what manny truly is yet, anyone that expected a win vs Bama is delusional, we are talking about the modern day dynasty. We need to see how he bounces back, he should not lose one acc game, if he does he should be out. His recruiting and staff hires buy him some grace on my end.
My initial prediction for this game was 52-10 Bama and it was slightly better than that, I’m not happy with the result but gives me a bit of hope for the rest of the season.
Did you completely skip the 2019 season? Year 3 of HC and year 6 of this shtt defense. We know exactly what mandy truly is.

In college football, everything starts and ends with the head coach. There is no front office. They are entirely responsible for their roster, staff hires, scheme, and prep. It is their job to recruit kids that can replace guys like Hall and Scaife when then **** up or to find the right guys that can coach them better. It’s on Manny just like it’s on every HC around the nation
No it doesn't. It starts with the administration and ends with the head coach. Incompetent, unmotivated administration=failed program. Even if Manny was competent (he isn't...but even if he was), he would have no chance.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz is a corch.
We have 0 players on offense or defense that would start on Alabama. I say only O an D because Hedley and Borregales would start.

Expected result against Alabama. We looked like some Ole Miss / Arkansas type team against them. Small everywhere. Looked like men v boys. Shameful state of the program.

We wish we looked like Ole Miss vs them.

I never comment in here but I hate people who blame the coach all the time. Manny didn't make Hall blow two coverages. He didn't make Scaife get beat and give up a sack fumble. He wasn't the reason they couldn't win up front. Nor was it his fault they missed tackles. You guys want the man to coach, run the ball, catch, tackle, kick and everything else. When do you guys ever just put blame on the players. Are they ever responsible are they not able to make plays on their own? They played sloppy didn't do assignments and got handled up front period. That's mental and physical things he can't help them with they have to own that get off Manny jock please!!!
It's 100% a coaches fault when a team misses tackles for not having them prepared with the fundamentals. Umm and it's Alabama... They push everyone around up front, it's up to your coaching staff to gameplan around it. Sloppy play with a lot of mental errors is an indication of a sloppy culture and coaches not having the team prepared.

Advertisement
Manny is a minutiae guy. Did you watch his show on YouTube? He spends 25 minutes on how perfect our punt coverage is!! The punt coverage, going into Alabama. He can find these small little details about the game and obsess on them. Because our DB footwork is perfect, no other DB"s in the country have that good of footwork. That what he takes pride in. Not getting housed year end and year out. Not wins and losses. Football minutia is what he takes pride in. I guarantee he will break this down as not really a loss next week because of small things that don't matter.

Manny is a symptom of a greater disease.

The administration at the University of Miami doesn't give a flying F about football. The fact an underqualified, previously-fired-as-a-coordinator, Manny Diaz even got this job tells you everything you need to know about football at Miami.
I always thought administrations want to make as much money as possible.

It seems thats not the case here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ive watched him coach poorly for years now.
IMG_20210905_012002.jpg

that pic just says it all. seeing someone like ed reed being this deflated hurts.

I’ve never seen a coach with a deer in headlights looks for 3 straight years. This job is clearly too big for him. I want the guy to succeed because I sincerely think he is our last shot for relevance. But the guy is not the answer and there is simply nothing he can do to change that at this point. Certain coaches just stink and he is the spokesman for bottom feeder head coaches right now

Advertisement
Back