This Is What Kaaya/Miami Is Missing

Lmao...and the cycle repeats....last i checked Duke Johnson wasnt vocal enough either.

Didn't win anything with him either.

100% correct, Miami didn't win because Duke didn't do enough. Had that been me, I'd have kicked Duke off the team for wasting space. Give me Dallas Crawford at RB any day, that dude knew how to yell.

Didn't win with Dallas Crawford either.

I'm confused with people using examples from bad teams.

I'm confused when people try to say that a great player wasn't so good because he played on a bad team.

Advertisement
Ha, love all the people coming up in here talking about motivation doesn't matter, you either got it or you don't LOL. Obviously you aren't managers, never have been, or are a terrible one. I guaran-****-tee you if Kaaya got his **** off the dirt a couple of times and got in the OL's face you'd see a difference. He loafs around and they loaf around like it's no big deal that he just got his **** planted. Not everyone is an alpha and in general people will play at the level to the man next to them. If you don't have enough alpha's to rally the pack it does matter.

These kids are full time students, grinding, at the highest levels. It's tedious, tiring, painful, and sometimes unrewarding. Very few will be alpha's that love the grind or have the cut throat mentality. You will feed off the energy of the man next to you. I'm not saying jumping up and down is going to win you games obviously. But you can see it in our coaching staff. Diaz is a dog and has dogs like Pickney that are relentless. Richt isn't a dog during games so it's important for the players on that side of the ball to step up. Who has?

Ha, love all the people coming up in here talking about motivation doesn't matter, you either got it or you don't LOL. Obviously you aren't managers, never have been, or are a terrible one. I guaran-****-tee you if Kaaya got his **** off the dirt a couple of times and got in the OL's face you'd see a difference. He loafs around and they loaf around like it's no big deal that he just got his **** planted. Not everyone is an alpha and in general people will play at the level to the man next to them. If you don't have enough alpha's to rally the pack it does matter.

These kids are full time students, grinding, at the highest levels. It's tedious, tiring, painful, and sometimes unrewarding. Very few will be alpha's that love the grind or have the cut throat mentality. You will feed off the energy of the man next to you. I'm not saying jumping up and down is going to win you games obviously. But you can see it in our coaching staff. Diaz is a dog and has dogs like Pickney that are relentless. Richt isn't a dog during games so it's important for the players on that side of the ball to step up. Who has?
Real spit....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yelling at people and jumping up and down is overrated.

You either have it in you or you don't. If you need a 17-year old in your face to get you motivated, you're a puśšy, you don't have what it takes and never will.

It's like people here have never played football or a team sport. How many corny-*** motivational speeches have you heard that did nothing for you. You either have it in you or you don't.

There are very few people in the world like Ray Lewis. Even a great orator like him will get you hype for a play or two at most, then you revert back to who you are.

Exactly.

Who gives a better speech than the great Mike Irving? I remember old Mike ranting and raving with spittle flying from his lips like Apollo Creed's trainer before the final game at the Orange Bowl. The dude put Benny Hinn to shame with that sermon.

Two minutes later our entire team was lined up bent over the bench spreading they asses open for UVA. Looked like a row of chocolate Cheerios.

Yelling at people and jumping up and down is overrated.

You either have it in you or you don't. If you need a 17-year old in your face to get you motivated, you're a puśšy, you don't have what it takes and never will.

It's like people here have never played football or a team sport. How many corny-*** motivational speeches have you heard that did nothing for you. You either have it in you or you don't.

There are very few people in the world like Ray Lewis. Even a great orator like him will get you hype for a play or two at most, then you revert back to who you are.
They haven't...

Advertisement
Lmao...and the cycle repeats....last i checked Duke Johnson wasnt vocal enough either.

100% correct, Miami didn't win because Duke didn't do enough. Had that been me, I'd have kicked Duke off the team for wasting space. Give me Dallas Crawford at RB any day, that dude knew how to yell.

I'm confused when people try to say that a great player wasn't so good because he played on a bad team.

So you are saying Kaaya is a great player? Or is this about him being a great leader?

Or is he neither?

So you are saying Kaaya is a great player? Or is this about him being a great leader?

Or is he neither?

This is about placing the blame on Kaaya alone, like he can give a fiery speech and the OL will suddenly be talented. Like that will make the play calling different. Like it will improve special teams. The truth is that this team has too many problems for some yelling to make much difference.

Had we not missed that PAT against fsu, OT would have been the time for somebody to step up and convince the team that a win was inevitable. Sadly we didn't get to that point. And that one isn't on Kaaya.

Nothing was more lame than watching Kaaya look completely out of place during the coin flip in the FSU game when the players were trash talking each other. If that doesn't get a player hyped then nothing will.

The kid just has a very relaxed demeanor. Thats actually a very good thing. For some reason fans buy into the do a dance for me, rah rah type players

yawn whatever. Sounds like some chill dog nerd bull****.

Advertisement
People that have played sports in real life understand that stupid crap like yelling and screaming accomplishes little. Just like pseudo-soldiers think that you have to be like Patton in order to survive, when in reality, most great leaders are nothing like that. All that trash talking doesn't mean squat, if you aren't executing a well crafted gameplan. Brad Kaaya is himself, he's an authentic person, and that's what you want out of your leader. If he isn't a Brett Favre type, don't force him into that, just because you've seen "The Program" way too **** often.

Advertisement
Back