This is the battle I'm most worried about...

This staff has proven already it can replace an entire secondary and this time around we are doing it with more talented players.

Cant wait for game 1.

Yep. We think this every year under Banda and Rumph, and each year they deliver.

Advertisement
We've got solid experience along the DL and at LB.

If they do a bang up job, the QBs will be on their *** a lot.

That should help things out.

TBH I could care less who wins the QB battle, all 3 of them are improved, I am more worried about the secondary. We lost 3 starters in a Secondary that was #1 in the country against the pass, we kind of have Bandy then everyone else, they are talented but young, which will cause communication issues. This is very important and something to keep an eye on, I dont remember us getting beat deep in the pass game last season, and our first OP has weapons out there, at least one of the freshman corners will have to play early, then we have 2 unproven sophomores, add that with 2 brand new safeties and yeah I'm worried.

Yeah I have zero concern about the secondary or any position on the defensive side of the ball for that matter.

Franks doesn't look comfortable throwing the ball downfield or any slow developing pass plays, especially with pass rush. I'm not really that scared of Floridas short horizontal game and as much as we're told to believe Florida has 8 Peter Warricks, they dont.
They have a whole bunch of big WR who are not physical at all. In simple terms they have a whole bunch of ***** as their WR core

Advertisement
all we need is one more tackle and guard to step up for me to be comfortable on the OL, hopefully maybe Hillery steps up at tackle and ousman or Campbell step up at guard.

Finley and Pinckney with guaranteed picks on Aug 24. Bandy maybe as well.

I'm from Cleveland and constant reports are that the Browns are in love with Redwine, he up here showing out daily in camp. They'll be growing pains but our players are finally being developed.

Advertisement
Be worried about UF’s massive OLine running it down our throats. Don’t think for one second that Mullen is going to trust his inexperienced OL and Franks to beat us by passing. Mullen is going to use a power run game. We stop the run and force them into third and longs, we win.

Be worried about UF’s massive OLine running it down our throats. Don’t think for one second that Mullen is going to trust his inexperienced OL and Franks to beat us by passing. Mullen is going to use a power run game. We stop the run and force them into third and longs, we win.
There OL is not any bette than ours, they can try to ru it down out throats, but that is not going to work.

LOL. What makes you think that new **** OL is going to run it down the throws of our bad *** front 7?

Advertisement
LOL. What makes you think that new **** OL is going to run it down the throws of our bad *** front 7?

@The Franchise if I was asked what are our keys to victory

O up tempo constantly distributing to our playmakers mixing it in every way possible oh did I leave out airing it out.

D platooning constantly mixing blitz packages corner blitz 1’s and 2’s relentless in and out PRESSURE till they give in then DOUBLE it.

Bottom line our D front 7 will WIN IT

Make sense ?
GOCANES

OL is struggling to build depth with talented players recruited and stepping up. Fingers crossed for us to have minimal injuries, and we can continue to grow depth.
Very, very, important.

Advertisement
Agreed, those 3 groups will play the pivotal role in the game 8/24. Coach Barry gets the OL playing cohesive football, regardless of their effectiveness- I think we get the protection for our QB necessary to create throwing lanes and take some shots deep. That should loosen their safeties off the line in order for us to run it down their throats. If we get this style of play offensively, we could very well blow the Gayturd out. I say this because ain’t no way sparky mcflie is going to have a Heisman type game on our defense. It’s either going to be a 20-17 type victory, or Enos has the offense rolling and it ends in the neighborhood of 31-17.

I'm brand new here and just doing a quick read.

The thing that worries me the most is excessive worry among the fans here.

Different folks worried about some or all of:
1. QB
2, Depth at LB
3. Inexperience at safety and CB
4. OL
5. Punting

I guess WR, RB, DL must be in reasonably good shape.

1564895489817.jpeg
1564895489817.jpeg

Its gonna be an OL and DL line battle, they got some pass rushers in Moon, Zuniga, Greenard, Ancrum, and Carter has stepped up. I still say UM pass rushers are better overall with Hill, Garvin, Patchan, Rousseau, and Harvey. They got some big boys at the Guard position and DT position. At DT they have Campbell being there smallest DT at 300lbs. At guard they have some really big boys with Harrod, Banks, Heggie, and White; smallest one being 315lbs biggest 370lbs. U can best believe that the gaytors will try to run it down our throats. Will UM's DTs be able to take advantage of being quick and undersize, or will they get mauled like they did against Wisky? I will decide how I feel about the OL after the scrimmage, especially the tackle position, if they can hold up against our DL then they will do fine against the gaytors. I also think for this game Scaife should be our starting RT with Nelson backing him up, but if the coaches fill good about starting Nelson then I'm okay with it. I'm fairly confident about UM's interior OL position that consist of Donaldson, Scaife, Gaynor, and the backup Reed. Overall this is another case of UM using faster twitched athletes who are a little smaller on the line vs the usually big SEC lineman, who will win the matchup, that is to be determined.

Advertisement
Back