This is the battle I'm most worried about...

Of all the nonsense and buffoonery on this site, this is the hill you’re gonna die on??

A sensible dialogue about concerns over replacing the leader of the football team and one of the
most cerebral/productive players who has ever played here? You do you, friend.

Didn't say it wasn't worth a discussion. But when the person presents it as "TBH I could care less who wins the QB battle, all 3 of them are improved, I am more worried about the secondary," then yes, it should be called out for its hilarious ignorance.

Advertisement
Secondary as a whole doesn’t worry me, but the CBs vs Florida’s Big WR worry me a bit. I wouldn’t mind if the coaches move someone like Frierson to CB for the Gator game.

Honestly, while the football IQ and instincts of Jacquan will be tough to replace, Im actually excited to see some of the young DB's that came aboard 2 years ago, get to play. They are long, twitchy athletes, who were all highly recruited across the country.

Guys like Ivey, Blades, Hall -- among others -- have me very excited, actually

Where you rate your confidence in him? I like him... A lot. I hope he's a **** of a tackler.

I liked (still like him) Amari a lot too. I was watching him against UNC last year and he was smart, flying around, taking good angles to the ball, and not getting the guy on the ground. Kid was out there breaking my heart.

Secondary as a whole doesn’t worry me, but the CBs vs Florida’s Big WR worry me a bit. I wouldn’t mind if the coaches move someone like Frierson to CB for the Gator game.
The only CB who is undersized in terms of height is Bandy. You want to bench Bandy for Frierson??

Advertisement
Banda himself said how this year at the S position presents a challenge unlike any other they've faced since they've been here. We'll have not one but two inexperienced starters at Safety, and like others have mentioned, Manny's defense depends heavily on the S being the last line of defense out there.

When Redwine was breaking himself in to the position he had lapses in coverage from time to time which would let the offense rip huge easy gains. We've now got two guys breaking themselves in. To not expect any drop off is CIS homerism at it's purest. Fully expecting growing pains along the way this season.

Advertisement
Lot more concerned about the OL and special teams than anything on defense. May have a depth issue here and there on defense but feel comfortable that all the,starters will be good.

Only if we're doing a jump ball to start a basketball game...
This is how I would envision this scenario playing out...

20190802_110700.gif

Frierson, Blades, and Ivey are all the same height, with Frierson weighing 200lb, Ivey 195, and Bkades 190, the only person u should be worried about is bandy, but the other 2 are fine

Advertisement
Frierson can’t cover his own shoes. Ufayg WRs aren’t all that physical. Our CBs match up very well size wise. Ivy and Blades are big kids and Bandy plays big.

OUR DB’s CAN BRING A PHUCKIN’ RECLINER TO THE GAME FOR ALL I CARE... FRANKENSTEIN WILL HAVE HAPPY FEET ALL GAME...IN FACT, I’M MORE WORRIED ABOUT OUR LB ROTATION WEARING OUT FROM STUFFIN’ THAT “HEISMAN HOPEFUL” *** FOR THANKSGIVING EVERY SNAP....

I'm brand new here and just doing a quick read.

The thing that worries me the most is excessive worry among the fans here.

Different folks worried about some or all of:
1. QB
2, Depth at LB
3. Inexperience at safety and CB
4. OL
5. Punting

I guess WR, RB, DL must be in reasonably good shape.

Advertisement
The only position I worry about is OL. They will be the deciding factor on how our season goes. I'm not worried at all on defense.

Usually the OL is the deciding factor for most seasons, most teams, most levels. Just that no one notices when they're going good, then its the great QB play or RBs.

Just look at the Top 4 or 5 teams at the end of every year. You might say its much easier to find and recruit skill players than great O-linemen. Add to that, the heat of South Florida and its sometimes tough to recruit the position for the big men.

I remember years back when they stared paying millions for LTs after some genius NFL front office guy made the statement that LTs have an impact every offensive play of the game, and should be paid better than WRs who may only have an impact on a few plays.

TBH I could care less who wins the QB battle, all 3 of them are improved, I am more worried about the secondary. We lost 3 starters in a Secondary that was #1 in the country against the pass, we kind of have Bandy then everyone else, they are talented but young, which will cause communication issues. This is very important and something to keep an eye on, I dont remember us getting beat deep in the pass game last season, and our first OP has weapons out there, at least one of the freshman corners will have to play early, then we have 2 unproven sophomores, add that with 2 brand new safeties and yeah I'm worried.

*couldn't care less

You follow?

Bandy can handle his own for 90% of any given ball game.

Throughout his career when he did get beat by bigger WRs there’s nothing he can do. You live and die with that slight downside for as much upside that he has

Advertisement
Back