This is not a smart team

View as article
Advertisement
You don’t have to. This makes no sense.
I think my point is losing and mediocrity has been all over this program for 18 years.

Adminsitration neglecting the football program for 20 years, but now finally investing and prioritizing the program, but the Losing games, making dumb penalties, making mistakes, turning the ball over, accepting losses, not understanding what it takes to win, signing good players not many elite ones. It's not easy to work out of that cycle.

How many programs have been 7 win programs for better part of 20 years made super quick turn arounds?

Tennessee maybe? The thing is their adminsitration has fully funded their program for that period, they just made bad HC hires.

We haven't invested into the program, and made bad HC hires.

I think Mario will elevate the program as he is a program builder. He isn't a scheme change quick turnaround type.

I think my point is losing and mediocrity has been all over this program for 18 years.

Adminsitration neglecting the football program for 20 years, but now finally investing and prioritizing the program, but the Losing games, making dumb penalties, making mistakes, turning the ball over, accepting losses, not understanding what it takes to win, signing good players not many elite ones. It's not easy to work out of that cycle.

How many programs have been 7 win programs for better part of 20 years made super quick turn arounds?

Tennessee maybe? The thing is their adminsitration has fully funded their program for that period, they just made bad HC hires.

We haven't invested into the program, and made bad HC hires.

I think Mario will elevate the program as he is a program builder. He isn't a scheme change quick turnaround type.

Program builder… yes, Oregon was merely a pair of sneakers and land when Mario got there…

Advertisement
I'm sorry. I cant blame this game totally on coaches. Playing the upperclassmen who continue to make mistakes is on them but alot of it is mental mistakes. Guidry had a good gameplan and Maye was rattled but JW and Kam make blunder after blunder. Our cb's are slow and they target Flagg in the run because hes a G5 player at best.

The question now becomes can they get to seven wins? UVA & BC...Ok, but who else are they beating CU, FSU, L'ville doubtful NC St. one the road becomes the real toss up. 6-6 would not be a shocker.

Advertisement
Man that TO penalty is easily one of the most bs calls I’ve ever seen..

What exactly was he supposed to do? I’m yelling and screaming while you look my way and ignore me for a TO.

The ACC refs are criminals man.
I guess you missed Mario walk over to the ref and actually get the time out while Guidry flails around like an idiot? That’s why they put a ref on the sideline…

Last week, we made international news for stupidity. This week, we followed it up by:

- Committing three unsportmanlike penalties, including one by an assistant coach.

- Calling a timeout, sending 12 men on the field, and giving up a touchdown.

- Giving up a TD on 3rd and 18, and then another on 3rd and 20.

Add in two fumbles plus a bad INT, and you have a soul-crushing beatdown on the road.

For some reason, when things go bad over the last few years, we lash out at our "good-but-not-great-enough" players. Guys like Quarterman and Kaaya are recent examples. Those guys were good players and got excessive backlash for not being great. We're seeing it now with Kam and TVD. Any team in America would take Kam. And while TVD isn't Drake Maye, he is one of the most efficient passers in the nation over his career.

The problem is much deeper. We beat ourselves more often than a 14-year-old with Cinemax. We do dumb things consistently, even in our best win against Texas A&M. It's too much to overcome when you don't have elite talent.

Our momentum is cooked. Clemson is a chance to turn things around, with two tomato cans looming after that. But Clemson won't beat themselves. That's why they win. I love recruiting. But if recruiting needs to make up for coaching, we're stuck in neutral. This team needs to start playing clean football. If they don't, this will be a very expensive version of the same season we've seen for two decades.
That 3rd and 18/goal was 100% on kam, who got sucked up to the 10 yd line somehow while they run a simple post behind him to where he’s supposed to be. He also gave up the game winning td last week if you’ll remember. Him being AA is laughable. Him and Williams together might Have an iq of 100, combined

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a smart team, but still very talented. What I took away from the game last night was those holding penalties by their offense. Bain and Maui were getting after it and the UNC o-line was having to hold to keep our boys from getting to Maye. All night, when I heard "Holding, Offense, 10 yard penalty" on UNC, you just knew their line was pressure/panicked as our defense was leaning on them.

It's a ******* shame that our offense is limp-****ed and no help at all to Guidry's D. We can say it starts with Cristobal or Shannon, and I agree the plays called were less than inspiring, but TVD has got to keep the offense on the field and keep the ball out of Mayes hands. When Miami needed a leader to sack up after a devastating loss and carry his team most, he failed that task with his lame-assed one-look bromance with Restrepo. This season is circling the bowl. I'm in for young guns getting burn while these older dudes that are not that great need to go try their luck in the combine.

Canes fan through-and-through but I am one loss away from packing it in for the season. If Cristobal wants to be corch here, he better start showing he has this team by the balls and is ready to squeeze to compel. South Florida waits for nobody.

Yes, North Carolina is also a dumb team. They have been for years and they set penalty records tonight. It will haunt them against top competition and will probably cost them an easy one.

This isn’t Georgia Tech where we gave the game away to an inferior opponent. The talent level is similar and their QB is a true difference-maker, one of the best players in the nation.

But we control our unforced errors- non-physical penalties, snaps to nobody, breakdowns on 3rd and forever. When you play this sloppy on the road against a good opponent, you get this result.
the drake effect is real

no shade, lanning is a coach ... but oregon and miami were in two different places
This. Lanning walked into a situation where the team had one a few pac12 titles, news years bowl game win, and a nice win on the road against the buckeyes. Oh and had talented kids stacked…

I thought it was comical when I heard booger at the halftime show talk about how “Lanning built this team into an SEC program”

Advertisement
Back