This is not a smart team

View as article
Lots of estrogen flowing after a loss where Miami was the underdog.

We need to play smarter football.

Can't turn the ball over 8-9 times in league play.

Playing at UNC was always going to be a challenge. They are a good team with elite QB.

We have good players, don't see elites too many places. Our RBs scare no one. We have no top 100 picks at the skill positions. Our secondary lacks speed and athleticism.

You don't undue 18 years of bad football in 1.5 years. This years team is improved from last years team, but the schedule is much tougher.

Advertisement
- Mario is a horrendous coach
- Dawson is as average as it gets
- TVD is a lifeless oaf
- the RBs are beyond trash
- if X is your biggest playmaker you have problems
- TE position is gone under Dawson
- OL regressed as quickly as they could to the mean
- DL outside of Bain a true freshman is putrid. I NEVER want to see LT on a big board again. He’s horrendous.
- Mauigoa regressed back to the mean quickly and missed easily 5 tackles in the first half
- DBs forget it. All of them are horrendous.

Get rid of your TE coach he’s done 0
Get rid of Salave’a he can’t recruit and his unit is horrendous
Get rid of Addae with someone who can recruit since his development of players means nothing
Bring in analysts who will challenge Mario with HC experience.
We are the only team is America aside from the triple option squads that does not utilize tight ends in their offense.

Yes, North Carolina is also a dumb team. They have been for years and they set penalty records tonight. It will haunt them against top competition and will probably cost them an easy one.

This isn’t Georgia Tech where we gave the game away to an inferior opponent. The talent level is similar and their QB is a true difference-maker, one of the best players in the nation.

But we control our unforced errors- non-physical penalties, snaps to nobody, breakdowns on 3rd and forever. When you play this sloppy on the road against a good opponent, you get this result.

You're missing the point and still looking at it one sided. They out dumbed us to even allow us to be in the game for a half if we're going to go with this silly idea.

We still aren't winning that game. Their mistakes on the Parrish fumble literally ushered us down the field. As you said, it took a historic night for them to even give us a glimmer.

They were 35th in the nation in penalties per game, then we played. Will it cost them? Maybe, but that's the crap fans of the losing team usually say to try and emotionally deal with a loss. Last night they had 9 penalties more than usual. It's an aberration, not their norm.

To put that into context, the only teams ahead of them in the polls that averaged less are Michigan, Penn State, and Georgia.

When they play that sloppy in the first half, you allow a team like us to be in the game. When you don't, the second half happens where they hand us our ***.

A lot of that sloppy play was due to both teams being pressured. They adjusted, we couldn't handle it, and the rest is history. It has nothing to do with being a dumb team, but hold onto that.

He'd be playing special teams only on half the SEC teams.

He was only an AA last year b/c of INTs and most of those were against the **** teams on our schedule.

Between last year and this year his undisciplined play has cost us multiple Ws.

He's also slow as ****. UNC RB embarrassed him in the hole and then was losing ground chasing a 230 lb RB.
that last play against GT was just awful. you dont do that chit

Advertisement
IMO, the Manny leftovers make stupid plays/penalties at a far higher rate than any of the young guys.

Quit blaming previous coaches.

Mario is he or isn't he about accountability?

Should we then roll with the young guys? Bench TVD for a Mario QB? What about the safeties? LB? We saw a critical hold by young guy Francis.

Coach better, play better, and execute better. They were handed their *** in the coaching department. I can acknowledge that, but most can't. Their talent level is higher even with most of Manny's guys gone. It is what it is.

watch couch interview. hes smiling. then watch bain, hes crying saying he hates losing. our upperclassmen are not it.

@canesporttv
How many times/years have we heard this. I remember when J12s class came in and people said the same thing, and even Shaq and his class came in and every other time for the last 15 years. Then when they become upperclassmen..... rinse and repeat

We are the only team is America aside from the triple option squads that does not utilize tight ends in their offense.
Have to hear from that smug ******* tiny prick Dawson explain that the targets are the targets again this week when asked about the TE. YOU DONT USE THEM!

Advertisement
Bingo ! There has to be a blood transfusion. Bain blood 🩸 donation to rest of team.

I knew this would come today; been seeing it since Shannon took over. The old guys don’t care, the previous staff recruited these upperclassmen and they are the problem, just wait until we get more of [insert coach’s name]’s guys like [insert name of one freshman who looks good].

Those of us who argued against Cristobal knew he came with a glass ceiling that he couldn't recruit this program out of.

He's not a good coach, and he won't be able to recruit his deficiencies away.
Truth Facts GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

Tried to warn them. But bro he recruits.....

We've been the same type of team through Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, Diaz, and now Cristobal.

This is baked into the cake, a part of our DNA. Good luck trying to get rid of it. It is now a genetic defect in our program. More talent doesn't fix it, it seems that spending money doesn't fix it, getting a coach that has actually won doesn't fix it. This is us at this point.
We have been the most undisciplined team in CFB for over 20 years. Doesn’t matter the coach or players there is just something about this program that can’t get out of its own way.

We have seen this team do more to lose games than win them forever. The list is endless. I’m not sure if there is a solution at this point. It’s like you said. In the Miami DNA.

This isn’t a bad team. Honestly think they can compete with 98% of CFB but the mental midgets on the field including the HC keep losing us games

MC has hired two guys who I am ok w now at OC and DC. Yes they aren’t perfect but watch CFB and even the elites get lit up from time to time. It’s CFB.

There is just something within the culture of this team that on Saturday seems to always pop up at the worst time. Between penalties turnovers and other bone headed things this program is cursed.

I’m not a big poster but on here every day all year as a diehard fan. I grew up on Miami being elite and wish my son could see what I did but fear it’s not going to happen for him.

Couldn’t finish the game and haven’t even seen the final score. This how it go for this team every year I swear

Advertisement
D MONEY is 100% spot on. This team (coaching staff and players alike) have one of the worst football IQ's I have seen. They make some of the most unintelligent decisions at the most crucial times in games. This has been going on for the most part of the last two decades. I thought this would start to at least change some when Mario took over. Boy was I wrong. This program also continues to make the biggest mistakes at the most crucial times in games (players and coaches). All we keep hearing from Mario and staff is we are getting back to work and we need to continue to work. We'll I don't know what work is being done because it looks like to me more of the same as it has been for the last two decades. You think if they were actually working on things then it would start to change but I see no evidence of that. We also keep hearing its going to take time, well you think we would at least see a little bit of evidence of that by now. Until this program gets its head out if it's *** no amount of hard work is going to change anything. No matter how good of recruits we get, how good of players we get in the transfer portal if the team has the football IQ of a 2 year old nothing is going to change. I am sick of hearing we need to get back to work, first fix the idiocarcy then you can start to work. Anybody can work hard but unless the hard work is going to the things that matter most, it is just useless work and a waste of everyone's time and energy.

Lots of estrogen flowing after a loss where Miami was the underdog.

We need to play smarter football.

Can't turn the ball over 8-9 times in league play.

Playing at UNC was always going to be a challenge. They are a good team with elite QB.

We have good players, don't see elites too many places. Our RBs scare no one. We have no top 100 picks at the skill positions. Our secondary lacks speed and athleticism.

You don't undue 18 years of bad football in 1.5 years. This years team is improved from last years team, but the schedule is much tougher.
LOL. in year 4, I promise you well still be *****ing about losses and can't get over the hump and you'll repeat the same bull****. MARIO CANNOT COACH. he has never ever been a good coach. hes always been average at best. we will win despite his coaching not because of it. thats the Goal - buy as many players as you can and hope you getting out coached from game day decisions (wanna talk about blowing time away in the fourth quarter on a drive, not calling timeouts when UNC kicked the field goal blowing more time, some stupid *** half assed attempt at a fake on side kick) but preparation. this team only looked prepared when it played bad teams. we did not look like we prepared for tech. we committed the same mistakes against unc.

Advertisement
Last week, we made international news for stupidity. This week, we followed it up by:

- Committing three unsportmanlike penalties, including one by an assistant coach.

- Calling a timeout, sending 12 men on the field, and giving up a touchdown.

- Giving up a TD on 3rd and 18, and then another on 3rd and 20.

Add in two fumbles plus a bad INT, and you have a soul-crushing beatdown on the road.

For some reason, when things go bad over the last few years, we lash out at our "good-but-not-great-enough" players. Guys like Quarterman and Kaaya are recent examples. Those guys were good players and got excessive backlash for not being great. We're seeing it now with Kam and TVD. Any team in America would take Kam. And while TVD isn't Drake Maye, he is one of the most efficient passers in the nation over his career.

The problem is much deeper. We beat ourselves more often than a 14-year-old with Cinemax. We do dumb things consistently, even in our best win against Texas A&M. It's too much to overcome when you don't have elite talent.

Our momentum is cooked. Clemson is a chance to turn things around, with two tomato cans looming after that. But Clemson won't beat themselves. That's why they win. I love recruiting. But if recruiting needs to make up for coaching, we're stuck in neutral. This team needs to start playing clean football. If they don't, this will be a very expensive version of the same season we've seen for two decades.
Unfortunately, this who we are today. There is progress, there is hope. We will return to greatness. We need more blood transfusions, more Bains, more dogs who will not accept or tolerate this type of play. Where are the leaders on this team ? A coach and staff led team will only get you to a certain point, the fire has to be lit from within. I see one leader on this team right now, he’s a **** freshman…you can tell that kid (yes Bain) hates to loose. The upperclassman, just do not have it, they can talk all they want, it’s not there. There is talent, that will only increase, play the young kids, see who the dogs are, I suspect there are other Bains. The upperclassmen are beat, all they have experienced is loosing and folding under pressure.

We are our own worst enemy, routine plays, can’t make, undisciplined, mistakes killing us. Yes, staff has a role, they have to accept they are failing these kids as well. We are at best an 8 win team this year. If all goes well, and we know how often that happens. So, on to Clemson. Let’s see progress, let’s see ADJUSTMENTS ! Let’s see who the leaders are, let the cream rise.

GO CANES, for life.

Same ****, different year.
It’s more than just not being a smart football team, we’re just not any good.. point blank.
In Mario’s 2nd year, 6-6, maybe 7-5 is this team’s ceiling.

At this point, I really don’t care who the f*** we recruit. It makes NO difference.

Think about all the money this program has dumped into Mario, Radakovich, coordinators, supporting staff, recruiting budget, NIL and we are marginally better or maybe worse than we were under Manny.

We must have doubled or tripled our spending on football and we have seen zero return and you could argue a negative return on our “investment”.

Let’s face the facts, Mario is doing less than any coach we have ever hired with 3X the budget and resources.
I’m convinced coaches just take the job down here to retire. We’ve dumped at least $100 million into this program and what do we have to show for it? A win against a lousy .500 A&M team that is about to fire their coach?

I’m officially off the Mario bandwagon.
This team is no tougher, smarter or more disciplined than any of Manny’s teams.
It’s just more of the same, just much more expensive.
Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

UNC isn’t that much of a smart team either, loads of penalties. It’s a little bit of everything, from coaching to turnovers on why UM loss. I’m not gonna get into the talent of the team, all u gotta do is watch Alabama and u would see that UM isn’t there yet, but we all knew that. Despite talent deficiencies I still think UM had enough to win this past game. I blame this loss on coaching. We are in the age where you can’t play a good team and your offense not be effective. They gave UNC, a good team, too many offensive opportunities.

Don’t think it would happen, but I would love for UM’s default formation be a 4 wr set and add wrinkles from there. They would at least be exciting to watch on offense. But Mario is a caveman, so we will see.

I knew this would come today; been seeing it since Shannon took over. The old guys don’t care, the previous staff recruited these upperclassmen and they are the problem, just wait until we get more of [insert coach’s name]’s guys like [insert name of one freshman who looks good].
its the excuse people hold onto when a dude can't coach.

Advertisement
Back