This is not a smart team

View as article
1697347261375.png

Julia Roberts Thank You GIF by Working Title

Advertisement
On Kam. I remember this clip where Ed Reed talk about running his zone drops wrong because he knew Peyton Manning would be watching film and think he would get a big play on Reed. During the game he dropped to the wrong coverage saw Manning pat the ball looking in his direction and then he sprinted back to his zone to pick off the pass.

Kam I believe studies a lot of film and when he seems something he recognizes he acts on it based on what he seems on film. But teams are also watching film and noticing him jumping routes are going to give him what’s he looking for but sneak something in behind him. He has the skill set honestly to great at the position but he needs to play within the defense.

Advertisement
Same ****, different year.
It’s more than just not being a smart football team, we’re just not any good.. point blank.
In Mario’s 2nd year, 6-6, maybe 7-5 is this team’s ceiling.

At this point, I really don’t care who the f*** we recruit. It makes NO difference.

Think about all the money this program has dumped into Mario, Radakovich, coordinators, supporting staff, recruiting budget, NIL and we are marginally better or maybe worse than we were under Manny.

We must have doubled or tripled our spending on football and we have seen zero return and you could argue a negative return on our “investment”.

Let’s face the facts, Mario is doing less than any coach we have ever hired with 3X the budget and resources.
I’m convinced coaches just take the job down here to retire. We’ve dumped at least $100 million into this program and what do we have to show for it? A win against a lousy .500 A&M team that is about to fire their coach?

I’m officially off the Mario bandwagon.
This team is no tougher, smarter or more disciplined than any of Manny’s teams.
It’s just more of the same, just much more expensive.

A smart team = smart coaches. Miami for two decades has a cycle of mid to trash coaching. Fans fall for the culture bs or players not buying in. Week to week I watch Miami be out coached. This idea of stacking talent will solve the issue is insane. We currently have an oc who hasn’t adjusted in two games.

Last week, we made international news for stupidity. This week, we followed it up by:

- Committing three unsportmanlike penalties, including one by an assistant coach.

- Calling a timeout, sending 12 men on the field, and giving up a touchdown.

- Giving up a TD on 3rd and 18, and then another on 3rd and 20.

Add in two fumbles plus a bad INT, and you have a soul-crushing beatdown on the road.

For some reason, when things go bad over the last few years, we lash out at our "good-but-not-great-enough" players. Guys like Quarterman and Kaaya are recent examples. Those guys were good players and got excessive backlash for not being great. We're seeing it now with Kam and TVD. Any team in America would take Kam. And while TVD isn't Drake Maye, he is one of the most efficient passers in the nation over his career.

The problem is much deeper. We beat ourselves more often than a 14-year-old with Cinemax. We do dumb things consistently, even in our best win against Texas A&M. It's too much to overcome when you don't have elite talent.

Our momentum is cooked. Clemson is a chance to turn things around, with two tomato cans looming after that. But Clemson won't beat themselves. That's why they win. I love recruiting. But if recruiting needs to make up for coaching, we're stuck in neutral. This team needs to start playing clean football. If they don't, this will be a very expensive version of the same season we've seen for two decades.
Kam wouldn’t start at most top 20 schools so i disagree. He has given up countless absolutely back breaking plays that result in this fragile team quitting. He's a slightly below average safety in a Gucci belt.

Edit: he makes some great plays but they dont come close to overcoming his many, many **** ups. I think a good db coach could hopefully get him to be as good as people seem to think he is....but right now he's almost unplayable imo.

Advertisement
I think they lit Guidry up for cussing at the officials cus his TO call wasn’t being received. But the explanation was complete doo doo… Guidry had every right to be on the field once the TO was called, and the ref clearly said his personal foul was after the timeout was given.
Guidry also threw his headset while yelling at the refs, on the field.

Last week, we made international news for stupidity. This week, we followed it up by:

- Committing three unsportmanlike penalties, including one by an assistant coach.

Add in two fumbles plus a bad INT, and you have a soul-crushing beatdown on the road.

For some reason, when things go bad over the last few years, we lash out at our "good-but-not-great-enough" players. Guys like Quarterman and Kaaya are recent examples. Those guys were good players and got excessive backlash for not being great. We're seeing it now with Kam and TVD. Any team in America would take Kam. And while TVD isn't Drake Maye, he is one of the most efficient passers in the nation over his career.

The problem is much deeper. We beat ourselves more often than a 14-year-old with Cinemax. We do dumb things consistently, even in our best win against Texas A&M. It's too much to overcome when you don't have elite talent.

Our momentum is cooked. Clemson is a chance to turn things around, with two tomato cans looming after that. But Clemson won't beat themselves. That's why they win. I love recruiting. But if recruiting needs to make up for coaching, we're stuck in neutral. This team needs to start playing clean football. If they don't, this will be a very expensive version of the same season we've seen for two decades.
Bingo. Georgia Tech and North Carolina didn't beat us we basically handed the games to them

Advertisement
I watched UW and Oregon and got thoroughly entertained with good football. Then I watched this dismantling and got thoroughly disgusted. Talk about whiplash…

Luckily that game happened before ours. Usually our **** storm happens at noon, I get pist off and miss all the good games.

Last edited:
Undisciplined has been a huge problem for years and tonight was no different-

Turnovers were absolutely a killer tonight especially Parrish’s at the end zone-

DL on the interior was abysmal-Leonard Taylor was invisible most of the night-Until we become dominant inside we will have problems with good teams-Carolina ran for over 290 yards-

Arroyo has been hurt but, he’s back-Where is the TE in Dawsons offense?

We had chances but, critical mistakes killed them.

Advertisement

Coaching, coaching and coaching! These are coaches that are all learning to coach at a high level (maybe the U is not) and Miami needed ready to go coaches!

Mario has shown his immaturity (at 58) in building culture, being egotistical, bringing coaches, developing players and coaches, and making on field decisions.

So much to change, but Cristomoron is not the leader to make the change!

Crazy thought if just one of these doesn’t happen no one is talking about coaching

- don’t fumble on the 1.

-Throw a terrible int after giving up a score.

-go full radar lock - shell shocked in the 3rd quarter.

====

I don’t care who the coach is. It’s hard to win when your star players don’t like play stars don’t play stars week in and week out.

====

Advertisement
Back