This is going to take time

Advertisement
Mario and Gattis are proven winners.
Fact: Mario has a career .508 winning percentage. This is the only thing he has proven.

Pretending that he is something other than his record is nothing more than hopium for the weak minded. People are hoping that he is something other than his record because they would rather lie to themselves than face brutal reality.

Everyone needs to be patient. Mario isn't running a gimmick offense or defense. It will take time to transform this team.
This is same crap you said about Richt, Manny, and probably Golden! Let’s open up the archives!

Advertisement
Advertisement
What it's going to take is CMC realizing even greats like Saban had to adjust.

Saban will go down as the GOAT. When he started his regime, his offense had a pocket passer and 2 workhorse RBs. That was their model for success. Then, here came these hot new coaches with schemes that Saban couldn't stop. Bamas dominant Defenses couldnt just win the game anymore. Bama had to learn how to win with their offense too.

Today, Bama starting QB (Young), in-order for Bama to its best chance at winning, throws the ball 30+ times a game. His backup (Milroe), who's playing right now, will probably finish the game with 15+ rushes (I estimating off of his 4 carries in just the first 8mins of the game). Bama obviously plans to take advantage of his running ability.

And that is why they are successful. They've learned to adjust. They don't just recruit that best athletes, they adjust to their strengths. The offense Milroe is running doesn't look like the offense Young worked in. Young is too frail to run like that.

If CMC plans on just recreating what he did in Eugene here, then we are doomed. And this sense, doomed means an occasional ACC championship and getting blown out in the playoffs, occasionally.

He has to find some young, innovative coordinators. We have alot to offer, and that's not just $. Win here, and everyone takes notice. I'm praying this season is a shock enough to make him think twice.

It's an offense or defense that uses non-traditional football plays to maximize performance against teams unable to stop said systems. Gimmick offenses work against below average teams but always fail against high quality opponents. In other words a gimmick offense or defense may help us win more games but will NEVER help us win a championship.
Huh??? Isn't that being innovative and creative? Dabo Swinney / Ryan Day / Lincoln Riley - are they gimmicky??? Or am I just missing the boat here? Is Nick Saban a gimmick coach now - he use to run a traditional power run offense and now he runs more of power spread that is very creative?

I guess 15 years + of complete and utter garbage just isn't quite enough time. We've been burnt too many times with the whole "We need to give him time to get his players". Program's dead and we're just waiting for the last shovel full of dirt.

We do not have playmakers. We have the opposite. We have guys who fold under pressure and muff punts, drop passes, and fumble during critical parts of the game. You can't win games that way.

Honestly, even if we had guys who just executed we're 5-0 right now. It's so unbelievably frustrating.

Advertisement
We’re 2020 3-6 FSU right now. Norvell got those bums playing with some fire in his 3rd season and it might take Cristobal that long also. Just need to get some different coordinators

Indeed it may take some time.

UCLA is reaping the benefits of being patient with Chip. I hope it doesn’t take THAT long. 4 years.

Looks like it has taken Josh Heupel a year at Tenn.

Took James Franklin two years at Penn State

Lane Kiffen failed over and over but is now successful at Ole Miss only took him a year.

Brian Kelly it took him about two years at Notre Dame

Steve Sarkesian it remains to be seen at Texas. Had a terrible first year. His quarterback is back, could have a big effect this year.

Took Kirby Smart a year at Georgia.

Advertisement
I'm encouraged. Pretty obvious the coaches altered the offense to fit TVD's strengths (again), and it paid off for the most part.

I thought the coaches would be stubborn about it tbh.

I like us to win out with the Clemson and FSU games the only toss ups.
Yeah Clemson is a toss up… lol

Advertisement
Back